[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is RYM always so accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: RYM.png (167KB, 1172x603px) Image search: [Google]
RYM.png
167KB, 1172x603px
Why is RYM always so accurate?
>>
>>68552819
OOS should be lower and BHAR and Resistance higher
>>
muse pretending to be queen > muse pretending to be radiohead
>>
>>68553297
Personally I never understood the comparisons between Muse and Radiohead. Muse was always trying to be louder and more bombastic, while Radiohead was always more subtle and meaningful.
>>
>>68553529
This Muse sounds more like Porcupine Tree
>>
>>68553529
Showbiz is the only album where muse actually sounds like radiohead. Anything past that is not similar at all.
>>
>>68553529
You said it perfectly

Muse try's to be the louder more bombastic radiohead
>>
>>68553599
So basically they are nothing like radiohead lmao
>>
>>68553578
I can slightly agree with that. But even then, they were trying to showcase their instrumentation rather than songwriting, whereas Radiohead focused more on songwriting over instrumentation (though they still excelled at both)
>>
>>68553646
Well I don't disagree with what you said, showbiz is pretty much ok bends. Imo on oos they just added this "muse as we know it" factor which turned them into more bombastic and flashy radiohead as you described them. I just think that comparing both bands in that way 15 years later is just ridiculous.
>>
They're accurate for pop and rock because most of the userbase votes en masse for that stuff, but things get shaky when it comes to experimental stuff

Autechre's Incunabula and Amber are both bolded but Draft 7.30, Untilted and Quaristice are not
>>
>>68554613
>They're accurate for pop and rock
no, there's a hugely negative skew towards the former and an inflationary one towards the latter. then again rym ratings are basically a snowball effect because everyone is droning everyone else, or a select few "professional" critics. understandable but you have to take the site with more than a few grains of salt in pretty much every area
>>
>>68554688
Lol mad poptimist
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.