[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of djent? I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1476775068719.jpg (296KB, 1921x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476775068719.jpg
296KB, 1921x1080px
What's the appeal of djent? I don't get it.
>>
It's for people who:
Like aggressiveness but are too big of pussies to listen to black/death metal
Like quirky time signatures but are too stupid to understand prog
Enjoy syncopation and "crazy" (usually in 4/4) rhythms but are too edgy to listen to jazz

t. someone who liked djent
>>
>>68551540
every song sounds the same
>>
>>68551540
meretricious music for bedroom guitarists

basically the ultimate version of the "metal is sophisticated like le classical music" meme, because it only has a very superficial rhythmic complexity and nothing else going for it
>>
>>68551540
It's pretty much >>68551680
Also add the bonus of being in a constant war with Meshuggah fanboys.
>>
>>68551540
What do you not get?

It is literally the most brutal and aggressive type of music ever created.
>>
>>68551540
You can pretend youre into rythmically complex progressive music if you listen to it
>>
I listen to it every once in a while. It's just something different. Aggressive as hell, but hard to pin down rhythmically. When it's done well it's a ton of fun.

People shouldn't psychoanalyze someone because you don't "get"
the music they listen to. It doesn't make you sound intelligent, it makes you sound like a complete jackass.
>>
>>68551632
/thread
>>
>>68553878
This

People are turned off to it by the "YOU LITERALLY CANNOT NAME ANYTHING MORE BRUTAL" crowd.

It's fun to play as well.
>>
>>68552003
It lacks the skill subtlety and intelligence of genuine evil and strength. There's just nothing dangerous about it. Compared to black metal or jazz It's just macho posturing, the equivalent of Trump's pussy grabbing boasts compared to Solomon's actual harem.
>>
>>68552003
>>68553878
>>68553974
How on earth is Djent "aggressive"? There are an incredible amount of genres that are extremely more aggressive, whatever that really means.

Am I falling for pasta or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 800x535px
>>68554103
>>
>>68554666
I mean at its core it's a subjective descriptor but of all things to take issue with?
>>
>>68554666
Same anon, ty for devils trips.

Djent is relatively aggressive ofc, but it's definetely not a characteristic of it imo. It's chugging with muh signatures. Dream Theatre feat. Meshuggad.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.