[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GET OFF MY CASE, MOTHERFUCKER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (48KB, 579x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 579x612px
>>
I went for a walk, couple of sketches
>>
>>68546521
Wut
>>
>>68546153
Return Trip is god tier.
>>
I HOPE THIS FUCKING WORLD
>>
>>68547298
You owe it to yourself to watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssIjJ6nlnN8
>>
>>68547303
FUCKIN BURNS AWAY
>>
>>68547277
Gotta get the magic back
>>
>>68546153
You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you?
>>
>tfw people generally only listen to Dopethrone when Come, My Fanatics and Time to Die are barely behind it in quality.
>>
>"get off my case motherfucker"

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 220x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 220x232px
>>68547678
Time To Die is fucking epic. No idea why people shit on it. It's as dark as Dopethrone is heavy.

Every Electric Wizard has a completely different feel to it. They don't get enough credit enough for their variety. (In the context of the doom genre, of course)
>>
>>68547654
You make it easy
>>
>>68547381
There are so many good cinematic mashups with electric wizard tracks. It's crazy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LAFsAeI7kPM
>>
>>68547757
People shit on it?
I wasn't around /mu/ when it was released.
What possible reason could people have for disliking it?
It's solid as fuck. Definitely kept me coming back for more and I listened to it like three times within the first week I had realized they had a recent-ish album out.
>>
>>68547822
Not that I've seen on /mu/, but it isn't talked about here terribly often to begin with (although It is one of the few wizard albums Fantano has reviewed, funnily enough). Almost everyone I've talked to places it at the bottom of their output, and reviews when it came out were middling at best.

Personally, I loved it. I think everyone hopes for another Dopethrone and completely misses the point when they come out with something arguably just as good, but in a different style. I will admit the sneering vocals got a bit grating, though.
>>
>>68547988
Ah I see. Personally I put it above Fanatics but I'm probably in the minority.
Vocals didn't bother me too much, too distracted by them THICC guitar/bass tones. Too much stoner doom is missing the thickness/meatiness to the sound and Time to Die has that in spades.
>>
>>68547678
>"Rock music associated with devil worship"
>"MIGHTY SATAN, DESTROY THOSE WHO LOVE GOD"

They're so wonderfully tounge-in-cheek without detracting from the darkness and heaviness.
>>
>>68548024
It's not that it bothered me in and of itself, as it really fit the tone and I applaud them for trying something different. It was just monotone to the point that lyrical moments that should have been ten times as crushing were diminished somewhat as a result.

>"AS I KILL YOU"
>"FOREVER IN HER CHAAIINS"

Parts like that could have been much more impactful were it not for the fact that my ears were numb to it by the time they came around.

Anyway, just hoping that Halloween album somehow materializes.
>>
>>68547988
Dubs of truth
>>
>>68547757
Should have headlined Reading
>>
not sure if I should praise or damn Lee Dorrian for discovering and signing them
>>
>>68547704
He's a reasonable man
>>
>>68548245
PRAISE BE TO THE HIGHEST

In all seriousness, didn't their relationship sour recently?
>>
>>68548252
Kek
>>
>>68547678
Let Us Prey and Witchcult Today are top quality too. S/T is good but not on the same level as the rest of their discog imo
>>
>>68548240
Would have been sick
>>
>>68548363
More people in the UK must die
>>
>>68547678
Just started listening to Black Masses too, its god tier as well
>>
>>68548362
S/T was as far as that style could have taken them. As good as it was (it was basically Master of Reality cranked to eleven, what's not to like) I'm glad they switched it up early.

The only album that I have trouble listening to is Black Masses.
>>
hey guys, recc the best doom/stoner riffs from EW, or whatever band you like

here's one of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0396_bsM5eY&ab_channel=grimpadre
>>
>>68548399
It has a god-like first half, to be sure. After that, it just doesn't really do much for me.
>>
>>68548292
>Jus Oborn: Lee Dorrian a “corporate, money-sucking cunt.”
>>
>>68548439
If that's up your alley, you should look into the band Trouble. Their first two albums (Psalm 9 and The Skull) are more revered, but what you posted sounds like something out of Manic Frustration or Plastic Green Head. Think you might enjoy it.
>>
>>68548467
That'll do it lol
>>
>>68548479
>>68548439
This. As far as specific riffs go:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=V40VdPaDvYE
>>
>>68548451
Scorpio curse is a great song
>>
>>68547822
I think in the metal press they thought it was pretty so so.
>>
>>68548512
even though it's not true and Jus is a lazy manbaby with a victim complex who does 3 concerts a year
and lee, he's just a hard-working man who releases great artists
>>
>>68548971
Jus has an obvious attitude problem, just look at how fast Mark Greening took his leave right after returning to the band
>>
>>68549071
I think Greening is the constant there.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.