[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The aphex twin of our time is a tranny what a time to be alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

File: 5052626.png (412KB, 720x657px) Image search: [Google]
5052626.png
412KB, 720x657px
>The aphex twin of our time is a tranny
what a time to be alive
>>
File: yung-humma.jpg (24KB, 757x562px) Image search: [Google]
yung-humma.jpg
24KB, 757x562px
>>68545254
the aphex twin of our time is aphex twin
>>
who was the aphex twin of aphex twin's time?
>>
>>68545254
>make a short drum loop with stock samples
>add toilet flush noises
MODERN DAY MOZART
>>
>>68545352
aphex twin did the same thing with ambient techno don't play dumb
>>
File: carpix02.jpg (58KB, 494x648px) Image search: [Google]
carpix02.jpg
58KB, 494x648px
>>68545325
NFI but using dank OP time logic, let's just go with another tranny
>>
>>68545254
who dis?

(ps im afx twin and i'm still in my time)
>>
>>68545367
I am not even his fan but he has a lot of music and was doing it in a different time, this tranny has like 4 "original" songs?
I remember looking her up several times to see whats the deal.
>>
>>68545422
And never found anything good other than some Bieber edit.
>>
>>68545418
go home richard, you're drunk
>>
>>68545254
who this?
>>
>>68545422
https://youtu.be/8yWzAAj6nLg
>>
>>68545451
this sounds like ass
>>
>>68545451
sounds like a saxophone falling down the stairs
>>
>>68545467
i feel so sorry you can't enjoy modern music :(
>>
>>68545468
with a youtube clip of someone playing a slowed down version of a simpsons wave song that has been automatically converted to mini and then played through soundblaster live
>>
>>68545451
>hello /mu/ i just downloaded ableton rate my song i did this in one hour
>>
>>68545447
i'm out home and vaguely stoned` 2 early for drinks
>>
>>68545509
I'd like to see you make this now
i'll wait
>>
>>68545479
If you're wanting le new era aphex then play something from hardscrabble by the flashbulb

What you posted was just lazy stock loop composition with edgy sound effects
>>
>>68545517
stop getting stoned and listening to 90s classics and get your arse in the studio :D
>>
>>68545451
this is ok...interesting(ish) blend of sounds but it's basically a mess and doesn't convey much emotion.
Making this sort of thing is easy a lots of people have done it, they just tend to listen back to it and think it's shit so not put it out.
>>
>>68545450
David Bowie
>>
>>68545555
hahaha i was meant to be in the studio at 2pm...still haven't showered

this elysia person sounds like an 11 year old trying to rip off arca
>>
>>68545577
yeah its dogshit, this is a b8 thread for sure, some angry poltard i reckon
>>
>>68545586
getting tired of journos/ppl pretending music is good because the artist has a backstory / is unusual.
im looking at u fatima al qadiri

stop! shower time.

(good shit on lee gambles UIQ records at the mo, check out ther bandcamp)
>>
>>68545606
yeah its all about displaying your empathy as a privileged writer
bollocks, imagine basing your whole career on being short or something
>>
Pitchfork tricked me into listening to this ladyboy's album last year. Completely passable avant-wankerings. Only novel because *gasp* a transgender made it!

Do you have brown skin and/or identify as a female (vagina optional)? Sounds like you qualify for our 7.5+ program!
>>
>>68545352
Mozart made a song called "Lick my Ass"
>>
>>68545325
Juan Atkins
>>
>>68545636
sounds like a really shitty arca
don't ever make music again
>>
>>68545636
It's pretty good anon
>>
>>68545676
Larry Heard more like
>>
>>68545623
It's a shame because I definitely want to hear more music by ppl who aren't white dudes but I don't need to be told it's great if it's not.

Loads of women making great electronic music at the mo', herndon, hauff, halo etc...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k15pVegwe-o
So has she done anything that remotely approaches this?
>>
>>68545990
No because this is actually beautiful rather than someone trying hard to be different (by ripping off a guy that ppl think is different)
>>
>>68545254
That's not Vektroid
>>68545375
Milf for a tranny
>>
>>68545451
This sounds like Jason Derulo and Tyler the Creator made a shitty song together in Fruity Loops
>>
>>68545930
Herndon sucks. Laurel Halo is overrated but not completely shit like Holly.
>>
>>68547570
what don't you like about herndon?
>>
>>68547631
shes an academic opn
her songs just sound like somebody fucking around with expensive equipment
Rather just listen to autechre or arca If i want technical electronic music
maybe in the future she'll get it right. but for now her music is shitty
>>
>>68545451
This sounds like some dumb shit tyler would do and then some EDM loser took a shit on it.
It's messy as fuck.

>>68545468
lol
>>
>>68547675
You're pretty clueless desu. Her songs sound nothing like expensive equipment...they sound (and are) very laptop based, she uses her voice in nice ways and writes good melodies.

I like all the artists you mentioned to some degree but none of them are ploughing the same path as holly
>>
>>68547827
Wrong on everything. if you like her thats fine. but she is shit imo
this is just gonna be an subjective opinion that you can't convince me otherwise
fucking SOPHIE makes way more interesting sound design
>>
>>68545254
>The aphex twin of our time
I thought aphex twin is the aphex twin of our time
>>
>>68545451
did this faggot really sample the laugh from nazi zombies
>>
>>68547631
She encapsulated everything I hate about modern electronic music and nothing that I love. She focuses on timbre and tone over melody and songcrafting but in a soulless, inauthentic manner. She does not worship the synthesizer but makes a mockery of it by producing exclusively bleeps, blips, and bloops, as only an amateur can. She thinks it is novel for her to do so, despite many other people doing so and being mocked for it, because she is a girl. Painfully uninventive glitch that is so unbearably pretentious and self-important. Like the sounds she is making will shake the music world up because, yes, a female with a vagina is fiddling with knobs.

And just try to defend this: https://youtu.be/XdtCzPrx-JE
>>
>>68547856
I'm definitely not wrong. Her main instruments are laptop running Max/msp and her voice.

>>68547903
Wow, you come across as hating females. I've never seen HH using her gender as a tool for promotion.
Being political is not that same as pretension...have you heard her interviewed? She doesn't think she's saving the world or anything.

I find her music more emotionally engaging than most other stuff with similar aesthetics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Z1lEx8khM
>>
>>68548004
>Her main instruments are laptop running Max/msp and her voice.
thats fine and I still don't like it. like I said you have a bias towards her. which is fine
i've listen to her RB lecture and she has the checklist complete to understanding electronic music but what she produces isn't good.
maybe her next release might win me over
but for now its shit
>>
>>68548043
I don't have a bias.

Wasn't into Movement but like Platform. You not liking it doesn't make it shit.

You just seem to be mega angry for some reason.

On a positive note Herndon, Arca and OPN have all played some of the best live sets i've seen in the past few years.
>>
>>68548097
again subjective opinion. If you think shes great good for you. You have an emotional connection with her music thats beyond me
I don't have an emotional connecting. Not mad at all If i was I'd be insulting.
I'm saying you get her and I don't

I think its shit. you think its good
Do you Understand?
>>
>>68547896
kek, i didn't reconize
>>
>>68548004

i can't believe you people are listening to this shit
this is the last time i am visiting /mu/ i swear
>>
>>68545451
This is terrible
>>
>>68548342
i'm sure you'll be sorely missed anon
>>
>>68548124
"in a soulless, inauthentic manner. She does not worship the synthesizer but makes a mockery of it by producing exclusively bleeps, blips, and bloops, as only an amateur can. She thinks it is novel for her to do so, despite many other people doing so and being mocked for it, because she is a girl. Painfully uninventive glitch that is so unbearably pretentious and self-important. Like the sounds she is making will shake the music world up because, yes, a female with a vagina is fiddling with knobs."

That's the main bit of subjective conjecture in this thread.
>>
>>68548703
is that you holly?

fucking all start celebrity thread this
>>
>>68547896
>nazi zombies
Is that a video game or a movie?
>>
>>68545451
Top fucking kek, is this "her" best? Do p4kdrones seriously think this rubbish is Aphex Twin tier greatness? I've heard better shit in soundcloud threads and bandcamp threads.
>>
>>68548342
Can you not read, you fucking IDIOT? There are at least two people who've come to the same conclusion in this thread as you that Holly Herndon is a hack and makes very, very bad music.

Leave and never come back, illiterate millennial.
>>
>>68548831
Lol this thread is such an aphex circle jerk. He is so incredibly overrated half his shit is just looping the same shit for 6 minutes

Expand ur tastes plebs
>>
>>68545930
Why do you even care about the gender of an artist you fucking cuck
>>
>>68545312
HOW YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS
>>
>>68550047
Only reason we care is because P4K is so transparent about putting the music of black people and women in the spotlight, regardless of if they deserve the praise and recognition or not.
>>
>>68550074
but p4k doesn't praise her
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>68550074
>P4K
What kind of beta fuck actually cares about that shit?
>>
>>68545451
holy shit this is so bad, this is worse than my music and i thought i made shittiest tunes
>>
>>68545451
made me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY
>>
>>68550062

fried or fertilized fried or fried or fertilized
>>
>>68550169
Well nobody cares if you are not putting 500 sentences of conceptual bullshit behind your transexual beep bloops senpai
>>
>>68545451
Was that the sound of the mystery box laugh from black ops zombies?
>>
>>68545451
Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
A casiotone sax taking a shit.
Ah hahahahahaha.
Top tune of 2016.
>>
where do i start with aphex twin?
is there a chart somewhere?
>>
i don't even mind people making their music about whatever they want but just make sure it's actually good music, you know

the issues might be relevant or important but unless you go for good music you probably will end up undermining the message
>>
>>68550656
Come to daddy
Window Licker
>>
>>68550656
SAW I - Syro - ICBYD - RDJ Album
Then do whatever the fuck
>>
>>68545312
YUNG HUMMA
>>
>>68545254
WHO?!?
>>
>>68550830
this
>>
>>68545254
wtf is this shit ?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.