[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: R-32662-1221896955.jpeg.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-32662-1221896955.jpeg.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
Why is this album so important?
>>
>>68531199
Lol. Because it's pretty much invented New Age electronic.
>>
Because Richard D James used to DJ with sandpaper vinyl.
>>
>>68531199
This album is like the face of Ambient Techno

Not to mention it's a 10/10
>>
Read up on it, its influence is huge
>>
File: 1476398736320.png (470KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
1476398736320.png
470KB, 651x481px
coziest fucking album for any season
>>
since richard didn't have much access to music at the time he wasn't inspired by many people. it sounds completely original and like nothing else at the time
>>
>>68532566
That's not SAW II
>>
>>68532643
SAW II is way too unnerving to be comfy
>>
>>68531213

LOOOOL you can't be serious

I like the album a lot but damn
>>
>>68532694
I made a Playlist of just the comfy tracks and it's goat
>>
SAW aged horribly

SAW 2 however is great
>>
>>68531199

Because it broke a lot of molds for popular electronic music. You could still be ambient/experimental with a decent beat.

It's hype on release influenced a massive influx of new electronic musicians from all over the world.

It's also just really good music.
>>
>tfw Lichen
>>
>>68533004
Ambient house/ ambient club music was around before SAW
>>
File: rubface.jpg (42KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
rubface.jpg
42KB, 500x479px
>tfw Z Twig
>>
>>68531199
Because of Xtal. That's pretty much it.

Amber is better ambient techno.
>>
SAW 2 is probably my favorite album ever. Ambient is my genre
>>
>>68532631
this
>>
>>68532631
Not true.
>>
>>68531213
>>68532631
>>68533004
no
people were making this kind of music long before saw 85-92
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=247&v=43OADtsBOZo
saw 85-92 just happened to be very very well done, it became the archetype of ambient techno, when everyone thought of ambient techno they would think of this album, but it was not innovative nor was he the first person to do this kind of thing
>>68532992
>its bad because it sounds like it was made in 1992
kys immediately
>>68534742
no
>>
aphex twin discog mega when?
>>
>>68537510
it wasn't THAT long before he made 85-92

I think most of saw comes from 1990 or 89 so yeah he defintely heard black dog but IMO saw did it way better, but you already said that.
>>
>>68539671
yeah thats essentially what im saying
he wasnt the sole innovator of the genre
he just made 85-92 which was this archetype for the genre because it was so good
>>
more music like this and plastikman?
>>
>>68541307
yeah some of his saw stuff sounds a bit like 808 state too.
>>
Written by Richard D. James:

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartists, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station piss FM’s attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend.

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.
>>
>>68537510
what a snotty post
>>
>>68542149
>James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>68533870
you look at the orb and larry heard - two fantastic ambient house artists - who made great records in the sub genre but it revolved around a 4 bar loop and little more than that. Aphex Twin added a little more variation, with added unusual samples. Tha for instance, he's changing parameters with the reverb, there's some sample of someone talking and shoes skidding on a gym floor. Additionally the lo-fi nature of the record gives it this kind of cosy, warm palette
>>
SAW 2 > SAW
saw is okay but his masterpiece is easily SAW 2 the fucking sounds on that album still haunts me. At times its too much of an intense listen
>>
>>68531199
Because it's god tier ambient techno
>>
Xtal is one of my favorite songs ever and i really like Heliosphan but the rest of the album never clicked with me. Is it hopeless for me to get it?
>Inb4 forcing yourself to like it
>>
>>68531213
LOL>>68532771
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL
>>
>>68543993
Rhubarb is such a beautiful track
>>
>>68544047
Probably not, but maybe try it at least once every year, your taste might change
>>
>>68543951
The orb had unusual samples too, so did KLF which is the same band really over that period
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.