[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avenged Sevenfold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Who /a7x/ here?
Excited for the new album?
>>
>>68420260
I'm happy they're going back to a city of evil approach for the new album.
>>
>>68420699
Same, this song still has a bit of HTTK, but I loved it, hope they grow back to the really fast solos and powerful vocals.
I'm honestly hyped.
>>
do we know how the new album will be called
>>
>>68420260
New single is the same as any other A7X song in the last ten years. I can't think of a single band with less restraint, and while some people can get behind that, I really can't.
Nice to hear Brooks Wackerman again, though. Great drummer.
>>
I used to enjoy them when I was 15/16 but I guess I grew out of them... Are their new projects worth checking out?
>>
>>68420744
The thing is, all their albuns are somehow different but you can always indentify it is A7x
I hope Brooks Wackerman makes a great job, I like him a lot too.

>>68420763
Where did you stop?
>>
>>68420763
Hail to the King is decent if you're okay with a band with absolutely zero originality now.
>>68420782
I wasn't sure how well he would gel with them, but he's actually doing a really good job. I would be lying if I said I won't miss him in Bad Religion, though.
>>
>>68420782
Nightmare
>>
>>68420260
Probably one of the better bands I listened to before getting good taste.
>>
oh god, THIS band

out of all the embarrassing shit i adored back in high school, this band is up there with post-Black Album Metallica and Dream Theater as some of the most cringey.

they're still around? really?
>>
>>68420801
Well, Hail to the King is fair good, but not the best of them by far, but I think it is worth checking out. Besides that they did 3 songs for CoD. Not Ready to Die for Black Ops, Carry On for Black Ops 2, and they composed a piece, Jade Helm, for Black Ops 3.
Today they realesed the single for a new album launching later on December,

>>68420799
Yes, there is a lot of elements from other bands, that's I agree, but they put their own view into the album and I liked, it is not my favourite, but I loved it. But maybe because I am a fan since my teens, and they kinda got me into the metal scene, so I've always had this connection with them.
I am glad he is on A7x but yes, he was amazing in Bad Religion, dude.

>>68420824
C'mon, they're not that bad

>>68420829
They are around. They are probably going to be the Metallica of my generation. Not because of the style, but because of the status.
>>
>>68420829
haha dude your taste is so superior :) can you recommend me some good music haha :)
>>
>>68420894
>They are probably going to be the Metallica of my generation
They're nowhere near that big. They're not the face of the genre, and they likely never will be. The biggest thing they have in common with Metallica is Arin Ilejay was in the same situation Jason Newsted was in, just more condensed.
>>
>>68420915

Look at their fucking names. LOOK AT THEIR FUCKING STAGE NAMES AND TELL ME THIS SHIT ISN'T CRINGY
>>
>>68420939
You're just jealous you can't introduce yourself as Zacky Vengeance.
>>
>>68420928
Metallica had the black album, back there metal was a huge thing, everyone liked them. It's kind hard to compare to it know with so many pop garbage always trashing teens music tastes nowadays.

>>68420939
It was all highschool nicknames, they wanted the names to piss people off and do their own thing
>>
>>68420967
>It's kind hard to compare to it know with so many pop garbage always trashing teens music tastes nowadays
And you lost me. You had a good run, but this killed it.
>>
>>68420260
The new single sounds very, very Iron Maiden-y. I've been on a A7X kick in the past few weeks, I've had City of Evil and the self titled album on repeat, honestly feel like they (or the Rev honestly) are really good songwriters, but get tied up in trying to make their songs as layered as possible. Although A Little Piece of Heaven worked in that aspect
>>
>>68421003
A Little Piece of Heaven is the only song I'll genuinely embrace as fantastic. Honestly, they're at their best when they do something different like that or So Far Away.
>>
>>68420984
Dude, it's true, the sad part is that metal nowadays will not get into mainstream that easly, but Metallica did it, those motherfuckers made everyone like them. No matter who you were, no matter what you liked. It was the big thing. How do you do that nowadays when everyone thinks their music taste is the best and are not willing to listening new things?

>>68421003
Yes, Rev was amazing, the band will surely not ever be the same without him, but they are trying to get back on track
>>
>>68420915
sure, what else do you like?
>>
>>68421031
Even int their first album they made different songs and it is just perfect
>>
holy fuck that cover is ugly as shit
>>
>>68421067
Yea, not their usual, hope the album one is better
>>
Anyone else hear some progressive metal influences on the new track? I haven't listened to them since Nightmare came out. Kinda surprised.
>>
>>68422569
Was heavy into them up until Nightmare. After that I pretty much dropped metal, but thought I may as well check out Hail to the King, despite despising how simple the title track was. That being said, there are some fairly proggy songs on that album.

Brian (I refuse to call a 35 year old man "Synyster") is actually an incredible musician. I know, every kid and their dog who loved Avenged Sevenfold will tell you its because of his crazy fast solos, but I'm willing to bet he is the one who has composed every album since City of Evil.

His work shows an appreciation for many other genres that you don't find in other metal/metalcore/whatever the fuck genre A7X are now. Here's an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzOV_FBVORk
>>
>>68423517
The only sad thing is his sad tattoo "Marlboro" on the fingers.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.