[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for some reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Hmm....jpg (48KB, 469x422px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm....jpg
48KB, 469x422px
I thought that when you went to a uni, like 1 out of every ten people would have decent taste in music. why was I so wrong? everyone listens to the same shit

idrc if they like exactly the same stuff as me, but I mean no one here likes music outside shallow normie pop and rap...is this the case everywhere?
>>
if you're a freshman, get used to it, everyone is trying to fuck everyone and the best way to do that is to listen to the shit they do.

once you get into junior/senior you'll have met people who have good taste

if you're already an upperclassman i am very sorry
>>
Depends on what you study and what you listen to, obviously. I swear to god, you probably have super normie taste as well, you just don't even realize it.

Cheat sheet:
Engineering - everyone has shit taste and listen to butt rock
Medicine - Some people listen to Classical because they were born into erudite families with lotsamoney, most have shit taste
Arts - everyone listens to fucking hipster garabe
Sociology and psychology - some hipsters who listen to entry level hipster garabe, rest listen to the radio exclusively
Technology and computer science - everyone has shit taste and listens to chiptunes or the radio
Biology - They don't even listen to music
Physics and chemistry - disgusting hard rock everywhere
Architecture - fucking hipster garabe again, lots of fedora jazz because they think it will make them look cultured and cool
>>
>>68420146
>everyone's just trying to fuck everyone

right?!?! this is so true. and I go to a school with a huge party rep, so that seems to be the general culture here. "lmao dude, greek life" and the frat partys suck ass
>>
>waaah, everyone listens to mainstream pop
>why don't they listen to REAL music like death grips and swans?
>>
>>68420190
>everyone has shit taste but me
Right hampus
>>
>>68420206
+1
>>
>>68420190
so literally no one at university has good taste then
>>
>>68420210
You misunderstand. EVERYONE has shit taste, including me.

>>68420213
Correct.
>>
>>68420190
>Cheat sheet:
>Engineering - everyone has shit taste and listen to butt rock
>Medicine - Some people listen to Classical because they were born into erudite families with lotsamoney, most have shit taste
>Arts - everyone listens to fucking hipster garabe
>Sociology and psychology - some hipsters who listen to entry level hipster garabe, rest listen to the radio exclusively
>Technology and computer science - everyone has shit taste and listens to chiptunes or the radio
>Biology - They don't even listen to music
>Physics and chemistry - disgusting hard rock everywhere
>Architecture - fucking hipster garabe again, lots of fedora jazz because they think it will make them look cultured and cool
very accurate
in fact I study Literature and Philosophy and I have good taste. no coincidence I'm not on the sheet
>>
>>68420234
Literally the same as arts, except lit and phil students really believe themselves to have the greatest and most uniquest taste of all time.
>>
>>68420227
pretty cynical my man
>>
>>68420190
What is it like to live in a world where you can reduce everyone to stereotypes that make them inferior to ~YoU~
>>
>>68420190
>you probably have super normie taste

I mean, at least I genuinely find a ton of satisfaction in music. i don't care about like being a patrician and having "superior taste"
>>
>>68420256
hahaha nice answer mate
>>
I show the music I like from here to friends from uni some like and some don't I would say most were willing to listen to something different.
>>
>>68420261
Not at all, it's all about perspective. Everyone has shit taste, because anything anyone could possibly consider "good taste" is just equal to "listens to the same shit I do". So shit taste just depends on who you ask, and someone will say anyone has shit taste.

>>68420271
Feels pretty human, actually /psychology lowbrow student

>>68420273
Yet you say everyone else has shit taste, lol.

>>68420275
I love and respect you all because you are great people, even if you disagree with me sometimes <3
>>
>>68420190
OP here, i study business. business people are so focused on giving a pseudo-professional-asshole impression, they dont really dig music. theyre all in a rush to get a high paying job so they can fuck and buy cars
>>
>>68420293
Sounds about right.
>>
>>68420273
>I mean, at least I genuinely find a ton of satisfaction in music.
aka people who don't like the music I do don't GENUINELY enjoy the music!!!

>i don't care about like being a patrician and having "superior taste"
aka I only care enough to complain about how shitty people's taste are on an anonymous image board

let's hear some of your favourite artists
>>
>>68420291
whoa man, deep
>>
>>68420291
>yet you say everyone has shit taste

yeah, but i mean its worse. they just dont care about what music may have to offer to them, which is fine but they push their chainsmokers and 21p shit on you like its the most original thing on the planet.

all i want is to meet people who i have shit in common with. i dont need to dominate everyone's musical taste, i just want to meet people who get a similar aesthetic satisfaction in music
>>
>>68420364
So basically this >>68420339
>>
>>68420291
<3
>>
talk to music majors
>>
>>68420339
i could namedrop like Trout mask replica and faust and you would never really know, but I'm not gonna

arcade fire
the clash
boards of Canada
massive attack
pixies
talking heads
Interpol
miles davis
GY!BE
broken social scene
brian eno

i mean, these are some of my favs, but i like a lot more
>>
>>68420364
What makes you think they don't care about music?

Why do you care more? What criteria do you us to measure how much someone "cares" about music?

Why do you care how much other people "enjoy" the music they like?

>which is fine but they push their chainsmokers and 21p shit on you like its the most original thing on the planet
Again, I'd love to hear what shit music you think is the most original stuff on the planet.

The funny thing is that I bet there's loads of people with the same retarded opinion as you about you. "Wow, he likes Swans and Death Grips, why doesn't he like ~ReAL~ music like I do?"

Basically, I think you should kill yourself.
>>
youre just an insufferable pretentious prick like the rest of us
honestly who cares its just music
>>
>>68420420
Wow you have such deep and amazing taste, you really show that you GENUINELY like music!!

>namedrop
>TMR and Faust
epik
>>
>>68420420
whoa man, never heard of those bands. sounds pretty gay desu
>>
>>68420423
>The funny thing is that I bet there's loads of people with the same retarded opinion as you about you. "Wow, he likes Swans and Death Grips, why doesn't he like ~ReAL~ music like I do?"
Of course.
>>
>>68420376
well i guess it is a little silly to say that. but look, this shit is everyone's fav song now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk
>>
>>68420420
>mainstream pitchforkcore
>random miles davis mention (look everyone, I like jazz!)

I can't tell if this is bait or if you really have such cookie cutter pleb taste.
>>
>>68420461
How about you give us an adequate analysis and explanation of why whatever crap you listen to is in any way better than that.
>>
Dunno OP try joining music based societies, my uni has hip hop/metal/jazz socities but I couldn't tell you if they're full of plebs. I'd imagine they're annoyingly elitist actually.

>>68420291

>Feels pretty human, actually /psychology lowbrow student

woah man you're so deep tell me more

fucking wank
>>
>>68420485
We can ALL be wanks on this blessed day.
>>
>>68420480

the lyrics are typical superficial lovey-dovey pop lyrics. nothing interesting or new is happening in the song. it sounds like it was made in a studio just to sell money rather than for the love of music.

but, if you're implying taste is subj, then no i have no adequate response. but yet, you believe that shit music exists. counterintuitive

obviously you're going to object to this as a stubborn /mu/tant but i dont think I'm a special snowflake because i listen to "p4k core" and no one else does. all I'm saying is its nice to find people who like the same things i do
>>
>>68420499
what would i, as a p4k pleb, benefit from listening to in order to improve my "taste" and not embarrass myself on the internet more?
>>
>>68420692
Fucking kill yourself you human piece of garbage.
>>
>>68420730
>bad answer

try again
>>
File: 1421164417027.png (342KB, 714x738px) Image search: [Google]
1421164417027.png
342KB, 714x738px
>>68420190
Dropped out - listens to Rap
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.