[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone heard of this band?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (592KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
592KB, 1600x1600px
Got told about this band from a friend, anyone heard of them?
>>
Yea they're ok honestly. City of evil is pretty good.
>>
File: cover_1026122282012_r.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover_1026122282012_r.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
It's a good start into edgy music, best enjoyed as a teenager, though.

Not even putting them down, they used to be my all-time favorite band. I've just moved on to darker, edgier music.

Don't forget their pre-A7X album, Pinkly Smooth, though - it's good shit for a garage band.
>>
Good music to suck another mans cock to OP.
>>
they're great, used to be my fav band
>>
>>68411755
My fav band as a teen. They're pretty edgy but i honestly don't know what happened to me and now i mostly listen to jazz and prog and despise edgy music so i can't look at these gus with good eyes now.
I remeber them being very much redpilled though gotta give them that.
From what i remember the singer has potential and could reach a good level, the guitarrists are your run of the mill edgy guitarrists you honestly can't take them seriously they just go for the edgiest riffs possible. The bassist is non existent and the drummer was good but died.
>>
>>68412306
you're so scared of anything edge that I'm pretty sure you're still an edgy insecure kid trying to look avant-cool with your can-do-no-wrong jazz and prog.

PS PROG SUCKS
>>
>>68412306
>Edgy guitarists
What did you mean by this?
>>
File: FRIPPED.jpg (17KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
FRIPPED.jpg
17KB, 325x299px
>>68412352
DELET THIS
>>
File: edgy fuck.jpg (60KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
edgy fuck.jpg
60KB, 500x750px
>>68412391
Just look at this asshole
>>
>>68411755
How old are you? They were decent when I was a teen, remember seeing them at Download. Like other anons have said though, best enjoyed in your teens during the emo phase.
>>
>>68412643
he looks like Bruno mars so what?
he Better be funky af or i'll be pissed
>>
>>68411755
Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet, Waking the Fallen, City of Evil, and Nightmare are pretty good albums for metalcore. You could do a lot worse. Their self-titled album and Hail To The King are kinda meh.
>>
>>68411755
fucking awful
>>
One of my favorite bands from when I was a teen into mostly metal, and still the case now that I'm 21 and expanded my taste to just about anything. Their first three albums are all nearly flawlessly in their own ways, with different sounds that attack themes that discomfort us like death and the lamenting of lost time. The Rev and Synyster gates are one of the most objectively technically talented guitar-drums duos in a band in history.

It's a shame people hate on them because of their image and fanbase because they really are just great songwriters. Also a shame about Hail To The King
>>
this is my friends favourite band, like a lot of people here say feels more like teen hard rock, but little piece of heaven is really good
>>
To be honest their music is ok, but they're a fucking fantastic band because their music communicates progression and their story.
>>
>>68413169
>feels more like teen hard rock

You really should check out Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen. It's full-on metal music with a lot of screamed vocals, nothing hard rock about it. Easily their best albums
>>
>>68413146
>The Rev and Synyster gates are one of the most objectively technically talented guitar-drums duos in a band in history.
Nigga are you for real?
>>
I've lived enough to see Avenged Sevenfold being defended on /mu/. Damn.
>>
File: 1476169243607.jpg (80KB, 469x526px) Image search: [Google]
1476169243607.jpg
80KB, 469x526px
>>68413339
Well hey, at least now edgy music is cool again.

I sure hope we get daily threads on Bullet For My Valentine and From First To Last now.
>>
File: shits.png (150KB, 1005x612px) Image search: [Google]
shits.png
150KB, 1005x612px
they were ok before they sold out
>>
>>68413309
I'm dead serious. In terms of picking techniques and speed, synyster is inarguably top 50 guitarists of all time. Listen to Sounding The Seventh Trumpet, the Rev recorded literally the entire album on ONE drum track. A straight hour of flawless, fast-paced jamming, with great patterns to boot.
>>68413421
The Poison is a good album but everything after is pretty bad.
>>
ITS YOUR HECKIN NIGHTMARE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>68411755
Call him a faggot for listening to Avenged Sevenfold.
>>
>>68413421
bfmv are goat
>>
>>68413898
It's ok

You're on 4 chan

You can call it the F word
>>
DARKNESS COATS US
>>
I DONT BELONG HEEEEERE
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.