[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a pleb for listening to what I like instead of what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Am I a pleb for listening to what I like instead of what's highly praised on /mu/ and RYM?
>>
Yeah
>>
>>68402061
yes

the thing is though, you have always been a pleb so it's natural instinct. Now, in the wise words of the NEETS over at >>>/r9k/

REEEEEE NORMIE GET FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD
>>
>>68402092
>>68402098
But I like some /mu/core artists, It's just that I listen to stuff that isn't talked much on /mu/ or is disliked here.
>>
>>68402098

name some artists/albums anon, redeem yourself. heres your chance
>>
>>68402116
You're alllllright.
>>
>>68402061
As a rule of thumb,if i see an album on rym top 1000 or any pitchfork/rolling stone/nme list or any chart on the chart threada then i don't include it among my favorites.
>>
>>68402208
The Brave Little Abacus, SULK, Red Sparowes, Lil Yachty, Yung Lean, Bones, Ozric Tentacles, Duet Emmo, GreyscaleSound, Guitar
>>
>>68402406
>Ozric Tentacles
:)
>>
>>68402061
simply liking is for plebs anon, Goethe hated that word, it's the worst possible approach, it makes you shallow, there are thousands possible relations to art, being patrician is all about caring about other values than simple pleasure, not being just consumer of another product

also fuck capitalism and culture industry
>>
File: 1456880372118.jpg (29KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1456880372118.jpg
29KB, 315x315px
No, You're a pleb for being an anti intellectual shit ball with no taste
>>
As long as your taste is uniquely developed (i.e. not influenced by other's opinions) and deeply invested in at least two or three genres, then you're patrician.
>>
>>68402544
not true, unique taste means nothing, it's just individualistic bullshit, bunch of dickheads who are ensuring themselves how fucking special they are

OH LOOK HOW I'M NOT LISTENING TO ANYBODY, NOBODY INFLUENCES ME, I AM SO FREE IN MY DECISIONS AND OF COURSE ORIGINAL

being patrician is about appreciating influence, not denying it
>>
OP What makes you think /mu/tants who listen to /mu/core and rym listen to music they don't like?
Of course they listen to music they like which just happens to be /mu/core for some people
>>
>>68402651
you're just delusional if you actually think that all people with unique taste only do it for the sake of being unique
>>
File: savememommy.png (548KB, 744x768px) Image search: [Google]
savememommy.png
548KB, 744x768px
>>68402061
yeah probs, what the fuck does it matter though?
>>
>>68402651
The self-gratification that one gets from knowing that they listen to "influential" music is just as bad as that which comes from having "unique taste."

The only difference is that the person with unique taste can probably bring more interesting/insightful knowledge to a music discussion from sheer novelty alone
>>
>>68402817
regarding uniqueness as an important value is being retarded individualist

that was my point

it's also funny, because people with unique taste don't care about being unique
>>
>>68402994
>because people with unique taste don't care about being unique
I know what you're saying, but the wording of this actually contradicts everything that you're trying to say.
>>
>>68402976
of course it is, there is no glory in being a sheep looking for shepherd, but no one is born as a shepherd my friend

>>68403044
it may appear as a contradiction but I just wanted to aptly express the obvious paradox

mfw /mu/ is getting /lit/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.