[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best thing/best part about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: totbl.png (269KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
totbl.png
269KB, 1300x1300px
What is the best thing/best part about this album?
>>
Paul Banks's singing
>>
Eventually, it ends
>>
>guitar mimicking loud as fuck alarm sirens
>U LOOOKING ALRIGHT TOOOONIGHT
>I THINK WE SHOULD... GOO
>>
I like the parts where the music on it is good. These parts are much better than the moments where the.music is bad or less good
>>
Stella I love you.
>>
every player intertwining perfectly
paul banks voice and lyrics
grim atmosphere
stella was a diver
>>
>>68402032
The guitar interplay is pretty fantastic. Nothing really complex or mindblowing, but everything is really well thought and fits. Specially the parts where each guitar are playing a different rythm.

The basslines are pretty complex and all over the place, yet really fucking memorable and are as essential to the overall sound and riffs as the guitar. It's pretty neat when you got 3 riffs going on at the same time, yet somehow they all fit together. Honestly, the only people who compare Interpol to Joy Division have no idea what they're talking about, Interpol's sound is way more busy and less minimal.

The lyrics also are really strong sometimes. Paul's abstract wanking can get really emotional when it hits.

Also, the atmosphere is spot on.
>>
>>68402064
Kill yourself. How does it feel to know your discussion skills are less than /b/-tier?
>>
>>68402514
Your first two paragraphs for me.
>>
The cover
>>
Hello? Wtf guys
Obv the bass lines
>>
>>68402040
It grew on me a lot. At first it sounds like the voice in your head when you're reading something in all caps.
>>
>>68403660
that's the best part about it
>>
>the feels on NYC
>bassline on Obstacle 2 hnnggg
>Stella
>>
the new
>>
>>68402032
EVERY song has a FANTASTIC finish to it. this is why its their best. all the other albums lack this
>>
the outro to PDA
>>
i can't be the only one that thinks stella is one of the weaker tracks
>>
>>68404201
pff, right? I don't get the hype over it, The New is best track for me
>>
The last three songs
>>
>>68404201
nah it's the best song they ever made, perfect guitar interplay, perfect structure, Banks actually sounds like he cares what he is singing about etc.
>>
>>68404045
OLTA and Antics have plenty of fantastic finishes. Massively underrated albums, specially OLTA. No one gives it the credit it deserves.
>>
>>68404150
YES
>>
Paul's voice, the chorus of obstacle 1, namedropping the album title, chorus and outro of pda, THIS ISN'T YOUUU YET, chorus of obstacle 2, SHE BROKE AWAY BROKE AWAY, the entirety of the new
>>
>>68402032
The almost atmospheric guitars in NYC and the end of Roland
>>
Stellar is the only good track. Moment? The three-chord riff returning in after the brief silence. NYC is okay too but fucking hell it's a tedious album.
>>
I'M GONNA PULL YOU IN CLOSE GONNA WRAP YOU UP TIGHT GOING TO PLAY WITH THE BRAIDS THAT YOU CAME HERE WITH TONIGHT
>>
How would you rank the songs and why is this the correct order ?

Untitled > NYC > Obstacle 1 > The New > Obstacle 2 > Leif Erikson > PDA > Stella > Roland > Hands Away > Say Hello To The Angels
>>
They have some of the most exquisite basslines.
>>68406949
Untitled >Stella > Obstacle 1 > Roland > Obstacle 2 > everything else
>>
>>68406949
PDA > Obstacle 1 > NYC > The New > Untitled > Say Hello to the Angels > Stella > Leif Erikson > Obstacle 2 > Hands Away > Roland
>>
>>68406141
>stellar
>>
>>68405874
"this is a new year"
>>
>>68406352
You can fix me up girl we'll go a long way.
If you can fix me up girl you'll go a long way.
>>
>>68407162
THIS IS MY MY MY FREE TIME
>>
the riff at the end of roland
it almost seems magical
>>
>>68402032
The opening notes are fucking magic
>>
>>68403936
this along with the transitions on Say Hello
>>
>>68402032
I dunno but they are one of the bea#st bands in the history of this book I'm not reading
>>
>>68408116
Baby baby you're really the best *then it kicks off again*
>>
Untitled still gives me feels
>>
WE CAN FIND NEW WAYS OF LIVING MAKE PLAYING ONLY LOGICAL HARM
>>
>>68402514
fucking this, I love the way said it, its the INTERPLAY that fits so perfectly, the only other band that I've heard that flows this nicely are pixies
>>
>>68409780
BUT CHICKEN WING CHICKEN WING
CHICKEN WING CHICKEN WING CHICKEEEN
CHICKEN WING CHICKEN WING
CHICKEN WING CHICKEN WING CHICKEEENNN
OH CHICKEEEEEN
>>
>>68407091
:^):^)
>>
in a few words, every damn second of it
>>
>>68408081
Best riff ever
It's sad to see that many people consider Roland one of the weaker tracks on totbl
>>
>>68402514
Really spot on. I mean, I love Joy Division but I find Interpol superior in every possible way.
>>
>>68402165
this basically
>every player intertwining perfectly
especially the bass + drums, the synergy there is insanely good
turn on the bright lights is pretty much
'it just werks: the album'
>>
SOMETHING LEFT TO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
YOU'RE LOOKING ALRIGHT TONIGHT
>>
>>68410940
I THINK WE SHOULD GO
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.