[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /mu/ so shit at electronic music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1462405427725.png (565KB, 828x710px) Image search: [Google]
1462405427725.png
565KB, 828x710px
Why is /mu/ so shit at electronic music?
>>
>>68400804
Lonely white teens need role models
>>
Cuz its a board for music
>>
>>68400804
>unironically using electronic music as a label
>>
it isn't???
>>
>>68400871
name ONE good house track
>>
>>68400804
>electronic music
am I being baited?
>>
>>68400804
It's not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKk2KsFu3g
>>
>>68400919
phylyps trak
>>
The fact that so many /mu/tants still use the term ''electronic music'' only tells you how far /mu/ still is from becoming a serious music board. Europeans have long recognized that their is no similarity between all the genres lumped together except for the plug attached to some of the instruments yet /mu/ still persists. Good music boards rank the highly different genres and their subgenres yet /mu/ still calls them all elelctronic. /mu/ is still blinded by rockism: it all ''sounds the same'' and the instruments have plugs (not true, by the way), therefore it must all be the same genre. Europeans grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past, other boards grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past. /mu/tants are often totally ignorant of the ''electronically produced'' music of the past or anything past rock, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that ''electronic'' is a genre.

Which genre did you actually mean OP?

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Downtempo / Chillout
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop
>>
>>68401013
>no hip hop / trip hop / instrumental hip hop
>>
>>68400919
Acid thunder
>>
>>68400919
md x-press - god made me pfunky
>>
>>68401013

it seems to me that the only genres you mentioned that appear on this board with any regularity or seriousness are EDM, Noise and Internet Genres,

your point that any talk of a wide variety of electronic genres are met with criticism such as "it all sounds the same" is exactly what I was trying to point out
>>
>>68401137
what?
>>
>>68400989
>phylyps trak
>house
>>
>>68400804
The kids here are intensely image-conscious, and because of this, they can't handle electronic music and it's lack of glitz and glamour.
>>
There's this guy who ACTUALLY thinks that phylyps trak is dub techno.

I don't even like Basic Bitch Channel (probably one of the most overrated musical projects of all time), but holy shit it triggers me so hard.
>>
bump, you pieces of actual shit
>>
>electronic
>>
>>68402992
What's the point of making this thread? Why not make one about the music you want to discuss.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.