[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is classical the most normie friendly genre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Why is classical the most normie friendly genre?
>>
>>68400303
i'm not sure what john coltrane has to do with this cameron
>>
>>68400311
I'm not sure too. I'm OP, bla!
>>
>>68400303

It's not? Normies listen to EDM and rock and rap and shit, when do you ever see normies listening to classical or jazz?
>>
>>68401465
When they do homework, especially math homework
>>
>>68400303
Why is Kpop the most /mu/ friendly genre? Maybe because 99% of us are friendless hipster pretentious cocksucking losers?
>>
>>68401525
kpop sucks though
>>
>>68400303
They're not serious about it
Also they probably listen to somerhing that was literally composed as a background for bourjois banquets
>>
>>68401541
You get no argument from me.
>>
>>68401465
every normie likes to act like they're culture for knowing mozart or beethoven
>>
>>68401479

that's not "listening", it doesn't count if they're just using it as background music.

>>68401568

literally everyone knows who Mozart and Beethoven are. if that's the extent of your classical music knowledge then yeah you are a normie
>>
>>68401660
you just repeated what I said brah
>>
i've noticed in my music classes that most of the people in the class were raised with classical music and they're total "normies", if normie just means being able to have small talk and hold conventional interests. the majority of them don't care about other art forms, they just love listening to bach and mozart.

>>68401547
i have a friend who exclusively listens to mozart's requiem while he studies and barely listens to any classical outside of that.
>>68401660
why doesn't it count?
>>
>>68403125
How could you study while listening to Mozart's requiem? Surely it would take all your focus off your work?

>>68401660
If a television in front of you is showing a film but you talk to your friend all the way through it, you have not seen the film.
>>
>>68403125
>why doesn't it count?

see >>68403373
>If a television in front of you is showing a film but you talk to your friend all the way through it, you have not seen the film.

good music is something you are supposed to devote all of your attention to, not just listen passively. you are not getting the full experience if you are reading or writing or something while listening, because those activities distract you from the music.
>>
>>68403373
i was providing an example of someone listening to a serious piece of music in the background while studying. i'm quite sure lots of people do this. my old girlfriend liked listening to chopin's nocturnes while studying, and based on youtube comments, lots of people listen to serious music in the background.

>>68404063
I agree that you're not getting the full experience when you're doing other things while listening to music, but it's not like you're not getting a significant portion of the experience while doing this, especially if the task requires little attention.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.