[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hype a little died down, what does /mu/ think of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

it was ok
don't like the religious stuff much though, but it's grown on me
>>
i like the rapping a ton, and don't mind religious content, but man, there are days i wish every single track on this album didn't have a choir on it.
>>
Not AOTY but a close contender
>>
4/10 albums with 5 times the features that were necessary.

It has three good songs (Summer Friends, Same Drugs, All Night)

Every other song besides Smoke Break is shit or was already released. It's not a good album.
>>
File: 1304459692304.jpg (20KB, 296x442px) Image search: [Google]
1304459692304.jpg
20KB, 296x442px
It's awful
>>
would have been way better with way less features and if it was way less commercial imo. chance has a lot of talent tho
btw Acid Rap > Coloring book
>>
Acid rap>coloring book>10day
Having said that 10day has a lot of nostalgia for me so I still listen to it every now and then
>>
I can't ever imagine sitting down and listening to that album by choice
>>
>>68399441
absolutely yes
>>
File: 7da.jpg (52KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
7da.jpg
52KB, 543x960px
>>68398087
>don't like the religious stuff much though
>>
Oh look a critically acclaimed album that /mu/ shits on, totally not a bunch of contrarian faggtos tho
>>
>>68399500
>being this retarded
>>
that gospel shit is gay af. 5/10
>>
File: telephone.jpg (248KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
telephone.jpg
248KB, 1200x1200px
There are some good songs on it, but for me it was waaaay to Gospel-Jesus-y

Check out this remix of All Night
https://soundcloud.com/kaytranada/chance-the-rapper-knox-fortune-all-night-kaytranada-extended-joint

Also check out Noname - Telephone (Pic related) if you dig chill rap like Chance's but with a lot less jesus in it
>>
>>68398087
I gave it a chance but maybe it needs 3 listens to understand the rapper
>>
>>68399729
Nah man Coloring Book is not what Chance is all about, try Acid Raps' Cocao Butter Kisses, thats argueably the best track on his best album
>>
Eh, could have trimmed off like %50 of it imo.
>>
>>68398087
Worst album mix ever.
Also, Kanye's feature on the first track almost made me kill myself.

2.5/5 overall
>>
>>68398087
I liked it when it came out, minus a few tracks like All Night and Smoke Break.

However, I can't listen to this album anymore because of its happy and cheerful disposition. I always listened to it cuddling with my then-gf and the music just reminds me of that time.

She left me in June, so last thing I want to listen to is some rich guy talking about how happy he is with life.

But anyway, I give it like a 7/10. Good music, but personally I never want to listen to this album again.
>>
Wasn't as good as 10day or Acid Rap. Pretty disappointing
>>
>>68398087
Great mixtape. If you cut the intro to How Great down from 3 minutes to just 1 minute, even better. If you add back in Grown Ass Kid as track 11 it adds a cohesion to the whole project. Maybe not better than acid rap but a deserving follow-up.
>>
>>68401267
the mixing was fixed after the initial release
>>
>>68401608
All Night is amazing, Smoke Break's the best track.
>>
7/10.

Significantly worse than Acid Rap.

Better than 10 Day.

Still breddy gud.

I like chance, his voice, and his raps. Didn't really get enough of any of it on this album.

How great is the best track, but it's ruined by like 2 minutes of repetitive interlude.
>>
File: 1471923896138.jpg (5KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
1471923896138.jpg
5KB, 234x230px
>>68399499
>>
>>68399441
this
>>
>>68402663
what self respecting artists would release an unfinished mix
especially at this level
>>
>>68403836
Kanye released TLOP three or four times. I think the issue is less an artist releasing an unfinished mix (it sucks, but shit happens) but that at least he went back and fixed that shit rather than leaving it
>>
This album was what I wanted Life of Pablo to be. Not Kanye making this half assed parody of himself but a backpack gospel rap album. Chance The Rapper in my opinion fills the space that Kanye left when he decided to be a tabloid conglomerate. The record isn't perfect but I would give it a 7.5/10
>>
>>68398087
I liked the gospel influences and Chance is always fun but the album doesn't really pick up till the seceond half and most of it is pretty forgettable because of it. Honestly if I ever feel the urge to listening to Chance I'd rather listen to Acid Rap for the billionth time than listen to this album again. Thinking about it, it's probably it's biggest flaw.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.