[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Punk Albums of All Time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 18

Getting into some punk recently wanted too see the best that the genre has to offer. Any suggestions mu?
>>
File: Popclassics.jpg (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Popclassics.jpg
120KB, 400x400px
>>
File: Singles Going Steady.jpg (8KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
Singles Going Steady.jpg
8KB, 200x199px
>>68396862
>>
Flipper
X-ray Spex
X
Angry Samoans
Jay Reatard
Dicks
Consumers
Minutemen
Germs
>>
>>68396862
my only complaint is its a little short for goat but I dont have a better suggestion
>>
File: cf54f56d.jpg (127KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
cf54f56d.jpg
127KB, 953x953px
not even trolling, early Green Day is legit
>>
File: IMG_0397.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>
>>68396862
As I recall Gorilla Biscuits sounds a lot like them.
>>
>>68396862
>Jean Is Dead
I couldn't even guess how many dozens of times I've heard this album and I still get chills

so is it 23:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JytO0DFxzis
or 22:10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Goes_to_College

I just listened to the youtube and there's no dead air at least that I noticed
>>
all recommended
>>
Signals Calls and Marches by Mission of Burma is great. More post punk than punk but just go listen to it.
>>
>>68396862

UK SUBS
Johnny Thunders (more rock than punk)
Misfits
>>
>>68396862
Try "Common Enemy"
Their earlier stuff is amazing
>>
Marquee Moon
'77
Ramones self titled
White Light/White Heat(to a certain extent)
>>
File: inadaptados.jpg (181KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
inadaptados.jpg
181KB, 953x953px
>>
File: 51or3e7JgmL.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51or3e7JgmL.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Start with THIS!
>>
File: Punk_HARDCORE_1980s.jpg (634KB, 1040x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Punk_HARDCORE_1980s.jpg
634KB, 1040x1074px
If you're looking for Hardcore:
>Black Flag - Damaged
>Black Flag - My War
>Bad Brains S/T
>Fear - The Record
>Minor Threat - Complete Discography
>Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables and Plastic Surgery Disasters

And if you're looking for "just punk"
>Ramones S/T
>Sex Pistols - Nevermind the bullocks it's the Sex Pistols
>X - Los Angeles
>Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Misfits - Walk Among Us
>Wire - Pink Flag

As you can see the chart has a lot more recs, I just listed my favorites/the most influential ones. Enjoy
>>
HEAVILY rec T.S.O.L., any album, though beneath the shadows is the best one, dance with me is more hardcore and less goth
>>
>>68397095
Dookie is better than Kerplunk tho.
>>
>>68399403
you should throw hear nothing see nothing say nothing there, at least it's a way better album than why
>>
Look up Flex Your Head, it was this compilation album of the most prominent DC bands of the early 80s and a great way to get into early hardcore (in that region at least)
>>
>>68399593
Kerplunk feels like more of an actual punk album though (even though it's still pretty poppy). Dookie was the first album where everyone gave them shit for signing with a major label.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqL6G9mZh60
00:30
Yis
>>
File: plastic surgery disaster.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
plastic surgery disaster.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
why do u guys not like jello :(
>>
File: 51WypHTS0AL.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51WypHTS0AL.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>
>>68399949
Kerplunk led to that signing tho.
Doesn't change that dookie is their best album either
>>
File: a1868407007_10.jpg (432KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a1868407007_10.jpg
432KB, 1000x1000px
This album is pretty neat
>>
>>68396886
>By the time Reagan Youth broke up, Rubinstein had developed a serious heroin addiction and was dealing drugs.[citation needed] 1/2
>>
>>68401454
>During a drug deal, another drug dealer beat up Rubenstein with a baseball bat, leaving him in a coma. After receiving a lobotomy to save his life, Rubinstein had permanent stitches around his forehead from ear to ear, and his eyelid was "swollen so much it reached all the way down to his upper lip."[2][verification needed] When he got out of the hospital, he returned to his parents' home. There, Rubenstein continued to use drugs, smoking marijuana in his bedroom as his parents tried to help him recover. Eventually Rubinstein left his parents' home and moved back to the Lower East Side. By then, between the assault and his continued drug use, he was no longer as energetic, and had become dishevelled. Many of his friends from the punk scene no longer associated with him.
>>
>>68401462
>Rubinstein began dating Tiffany Bresciani, a prostitute who worked on Houston Street and danced in strip clubs around the city.[3] He had told his parents that she was a dancer. Bresciani financially supported the couple and their drug habit with prostitution. Rubinstein would often wait for Bresciani while she serviced a customer, and then accompanied her to buy drugs.[4] Around this time, Rubinstein's mother died in a car accident.[5]
On June 24, 1993, Rubinstein and Bresciani were waiting on Allen Street when a familiar customer pulled up in a Mazda pickup truck. Tiffany got in, telling Rubinstein that she would return in 20 minutes. She never came back. Rubinstein called the police with a description of the truck and went to the club where Tiffany danced and all the hospital emergency rooms in the city, searching for Tiffany. A few days later, on June 28, two New York state troopers were patrolling Long Island's Southern State Parkway when they pulled over the truck after a high-speed chase, finding Bresciani's decaying body in the back. They arrested the driver, Joel Rifkin, one of Long Island's most infamous serial killers, who was later linked to killing numerous prostitutes.[3][4][6]
Depressed and alone after the unexpected loss of his girlfriend and mother, Rubinstein headed into a downward spiral and less than a week later, he committed suicide by anti-depressant overdose on July 3, 1993.
>>
punk is shit lol

are you a 35 year old self-proclaimed genius manchild that thinks everyone else is a sheep? cant play an instrument or sing? live a shitty unhealthy lifestyle? play punk rock, dude!!
>>
Crass - feeding of the 5000
Subhumans - the day the country died
Cock sparrer - shock troops.
3 of the greatest for you OP
>>
File: Offspring-Ignition.jpg (43KB, 365x340px) Image search: [Google]
Offspring-Ignition.jpg
43KB, 365x340px
>>68400644
Ignition was better
>>
File: pop punk threads.jpg (323KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [Google]
pop punk threads.jpg
323KB, 1305x892px
>all these pop punkers in this thread
>>
File: the-thermals.jpg (558KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
the-thermals.jpg
558KB, 605x605px
>>68396862
GOD REACHED HIS HAND DOWN FROM THE SKY
HE FLOODED THE LAND AND THEN HE SET IT ON FIRE
>>
>>68401508
Awwww. Your angers cute. You should join a punk band with that angst.
>>
File: Gremlin_sculpture.jpg (90KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlin_sculpture.jpg
90KB, 373x400px
>>68401555
>>68401508
>>
File: punks not dead.jpg (46KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
punks not dead.jpg
46KB, 500x337px
Some great punk records are:
Government Warning - Paranoid Mess

The Observers - So What's Left Now

Nightstick Justice - Claustrophobic EP

No Problem - Already Dead

Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

Red Dons - Death of Idealism

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose

Operation Ivy - Energy

Classics of Love - S/T

Mischief Brew - Smash the Windows
>>
>>68401561
I fucking love that album
>>
File: WDUburntheearthliveitbehindwat.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
WDUburntheearthliveitbehindwat.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>
>>68401561
Listening through this now. Three songs in and I can say that I like it so far, but it's not punk.
>>
>>68401478
i read this before, so fucking sad man

here's to Rubenstein
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.