[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:OVERRATED BANDS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

pic related

listened to F# first and thought it was the most boring shit in the world next listened to yanqui UXO and suprisingly enjoyed aside from "motherfucker=reddemer" which i hate with a passion and finally listened to RYSFLATH which wasnt bad but was mostly meh none of the songs were really THAT good to me aside from the first track so /mu/ is godspeed the most overrated band?
>>
>>68395189
No, their music takes quite a lot of patience to enjoy. You won't get any of their albums if you only give them each one listen, that's silly. It also takes a lot of focus to connect with the music, and feel the emotions. I felt the exact same way when I first listened to LYSF, then I would listen to it over and over again, then it clicked. Each album took that process, then they became my favourite band.
>>
>>68395317
Thanks Anthony.
>>
File: Godspeed_Chart.jpg (3MB, 2924x3296px) Image search: [Google]
Godspeed_Chart.jpg
3MB, 2924x3296px
>>68395317
Honestly, I would follow this flowchart. But take time to enjoy each of their projects, before you dive head first into the next one.
>>
>>68395332
Sorry that I actually give albums more than one listen before I judge. Which is what you should do with any album honestly.
>>
File: Slint - Spiderland.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slint - Spiderland.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Slint
>>
>>68395338
that 'something similar' bit should include more side-projects like hangedup and esmerine. I get that smz and sftf are probably the best but they're not the only ones
>>
>>68395338
where can i find aMAZEine! (lost in the house)
>>
>>68395382
this
>>
>>68395574
jk found it
>>
>>68395382
>>
>>68395382
this is one of those albums that really throws plebs for a loop
>>
>you just have to listen to it more
godspeed (and nearly all post-rock bands) is garbage. It's lazy, simplistic "song"writing that repeats 3/4-note motifs for 15 minutes while slowly getting louder until it builds to the most predictable climax ever to give all the crescenbros a boner.

that with political samples thrown on top.

post-rock is just the babby's first step towards classical
>>
>>68396007
this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.