[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums in which the artist has trouble expressing themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-BeatHappeningAlbum.jpg (13KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-BeatHappeningAlbum.jpg
13KB, 220x220px
i can really relate to the pent up emotions you want to share but being too scared to let it all out

i need the musical catharsis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tX40xe2cnw

This is my favorite movie anon, I want to marry the guy in this movie.

Yes, I love you.
>>
>>68394307
that album cover is so iconic

i want to get it on a shirt but then again i don't want people to think i'm a faggot for listening to beat happening
>>
>>68394425
get the black candy shirt instead
it's their best t-shirt album cover
>>
>>68394425
>>68394473
fuck that get a tattoo of the dreamy cover on your ass
>>
>>68394904
but i don't want to sit on bret, heather, or calvin
>>
>>68394979
you gay or something?
>>
What is the best Beat Happening song and why is it Look Around? That part where Calvin starts humming the melody near the end always gets me
>>
>>68395179
it's angel gone
>>
>>68395179
It's The This Many Boyfriends Club
>>
>>68395179
>>68395260
it's bury the hammer, plebs
>>
>>68395274
bury the hammer is second best
angel gone reminds me of how i feel about a girl i know, and in any case i like how calvin and heather actually sorta harmonize with each other
bury the hammer is an absolutely perfect closing song, but heather's lines and calvin's lines are too distinct imo
>>
the worst part of the live footage i can find of beat happening on youtube is that in other side and teenage caveman, calvin and heather don't share vocal duties, calvin just steals her lines
>>
>>68394307
I Run Down Stair and Fourteen are so fucking good with this.

>>68395179
My favourite is probably What's Important.
>>
>>68395179
It's objectively Godsend
>>
File: 1476088563770.jpg (151KB, 975x962px) Image search: [Google]
1476088563770.jpg
151KB, 975x962px
>tfw been having a lot of beat happening threads the last few days

>>68395179
it's cat walk actually
>>
>>68397817
It's nice but they're so slow that you can't really talk in them.
>>
>>68397841
wanna ERP to speed them up?
>>
>>68397853
I think Calvin often gets the most credit because for many people Beat Happening is more important as an influence than by themselves but I think especially early on Heather was a better songwriter. Calvin always has a kind of ironic distance to what he's writing about which works fine but What's Important, I Run Down the Stairs, Foggy Eyes, In My Memory and I Let Him Get to Me touch me in a way that very few songs do,
>>
>>68397853
And another thing, while it's nice to think that Beat Happening proved that anyone could make very good music, what they really proved was that catchy melodies and good lyrics was enough which is a lot less revolutionary.
>>
>>68397817
>catwalk
my nigga
>>
>>68397940
i always feel like most twee bands have more or less, some sort of ironic distance to themselves. but in a way i cant really express in words tho it's diffent kind of irony that those ~nihilistic edgy bands~ have
>>
>>68397817
>tfw i've made most of them

i'm doing my part
>>
>>68400626
hero we need
>>
>>68395179
Fourteen, Run down the stairs, The this many boyfriends club, Tiger trap, Cast a shadow do the most for me but yeah they have a shitload of good ones, don't they?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.