[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Son of....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Paul'sSonIsUglyAfM8.jpg (164KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
Paul'sSonIsUglyAfM8.jpg
164KB, 540x350px
Seriously, what can you do in music if you're the son/daughter of a music legend? i mean, it doesn't matter if you do actually high quality music, to audiences, you will always be 'the son of..''. How can someone scape to that stigma? doing something completely different? I mean, Jason Bonham is now on a fucking Zeppelin tribute band. Also, Sean Lennon is doing that band with Les Claypool, is it worth listening, /mu/?
>>
Jeff Buckley tho
>>
>>68390634
>Jeff Buckley tho
This. You need to completely eclipse your parents as a musical genius so that you will no longer be "so and so's kid"
>>
>>68390591
Liza Minnelli is the only person to have escaped that fate (if you can call her an artist or not).
>How can someone escape from that stigma?
1. Be raised with the idea of being your own person
2. Avoid your parent's songs or utilizing your parents' legacy outside of connections or thanking them
3. TMZ doesn't know you from a young age
4. Go for the gold. Do what your parents could not
5. Have a different name
> is it worth listening, /mu/?
No. He's sadly fallen into the image of the bastard child the media forced onto him.
>>
Jakob Dylan kinda successfully dodged the "son of Bob" label when he started the Wallflowers
>>
>>68390634
>>68390734
yeah, but he was like one in a million, i can't think in other case like that.
>>
>>68390765
yeah, i actually didn't knew he was the son of Bob.
>>
>>68390634
>>68390734
Tim Buckley was nowhere near as popular as The Beatles
>>68390765
No one really knows who he is
>>
>>68390591
>jame's hairline
JUST
>>
>>68390863
what was the point of this post?
>>
>>68390591
>How can someone scape to that stigma?
You can make a lo-fi album in your bedroom and play every instrument on it, release it on the Beastie Boy's label, and then just be the bass player for your girlfriend's band.
>>
>>68390765
Wrong. 8th Avenue Heartbeat or whatever the fuck it was called sounded like watered down Bland on Bland. Everyone knew from day 1
>>
>>68390962
It means none of those guys will really be stuck with the "so-and-so's-kid" title for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>68390933
he must hate himself and his father so much
>>
>>68391051
:( :( :( ;_;
>>
>>68390591
Ringo's son, Zak, was the drummer of Oasis and now is the drummer for The Who. That's cool i guess.
>>
>>68391192
kek
>>
Well, if they enjoy music then they're lucky enough to have a captive audience due to their reputation of their parent. In that sense they're quite fortunate; most musicians would give an arm and a leg to have such a reach.
>>
>>68390591
>Also, Sean Lennon is doing that band with Les Claypool, is it worth listening, /mu/?
I loved it
>>
>nobody's mentioned Ravi Coltrane yet
this board is terrible
>>
Nick Drake was the son of songwriter Molly Drake, but no one remembers the latter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52eMBSRNYxA
>>
>>68391735
Matt Bellamy is the son of the guitar player from The Tornados. He must hate his son so much
>>
>>68390591
release music anonymously/under a pseudonym and if desired reveal yourself only after it has been well received on it's own merit
>>
>>68392268
This
>>
Hank Williams Jr. is not just considered the son of Hank Williams
>>
>>68390591

Who is better, Rufus Wainwright or his father Loudon Wainwright III?
Also, many don't even know that Norah Jones is the daughter of Ravi Shankar.
>>
Norah Jones
>>
Little know fact, Adele is Barbara Streisands illegitimate daughter
>>
>>68392470
That's not true at all you faggot.
>>
>>68392489
I know that's why I said it was illegitimate
>>
try going into a different art form, just ask Duncan Jones
>>
>>68393005
this
>>
>>68390591
Miley Cyrus
>>
Eddie Van Halen played with his father
>>
D-did you guys miss me?
>>
>>68393571
kek
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.