[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Queens of the Stone Age Reddit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 915585.jpg (34KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
915585.jpg
34KB, 300x249px
Is Queens of the Stone Age Reddit?
>>
No, they're a band.
>>
I don't know what that means, but yes.
>>
I dunno but they're pretty good
>>
>Is the most consistently solid rock band of the past 20 years reddit?
I don't really care if they are or not, but they're a great band.
Not a single bad album, and no Era Vulgaris isn't bad, just not as solid as their others.
>>
no theyre a band reddit is a website
>>
Rated R > SFTD > Like Clockwork > s/t > Era > Lullabies
inb4 >s/t that low
It really just feels like a slightly catchier, but also slightly weaker Kyuss album
>>
>>68387768
I don't get the immense love for s/t either
And Idk why you'd rate Lullabies that low, it's great.
Personally I'd go
SFTD>Lullabies>Clockwork>s/t=Era
Haven't listened to Rated R

I also don't think Like Clockwork was quite as good as everyone else thought but I have only given it one listen.
>>
>>68387841
>And Idk why you'd rate Lullabies that low, it's great.
eh, it has some really cool songs on it but it lacks a lot of the cohesion that the rest of them have, resulting in me kinda neglecting it compared to their others, I'd say it reaches higher points that Era but not often enough, especially considering it's length. It also doesn't help that it's their most on-the-rails album by a considerable margin.
>>
>>68387904
I agree that it feels a bit more like a collection of songs than an album but it still manages to reel me in anytime I decide to listen to something from it and I end up listening to most of the album.
I'd say it's definitely a pretty "safe" album, but there isn't a single song I dislike and it definitely still feels very much like a QOTSA album.

And I mean I know Little Sister was kind of a semi-radio hit but god damn it's a great song.
>>
>>68387841
>>68387904
Also, Rated R is great, it hits that sweet spot between SFTD and s/t: polished enough to distinguish it from Homme's previous work, but just a little more rough than SFTD, which feels overproduced at some points to me.
>>
>>68387714
Lauren
>>
>>68387521
No, but your favorite band is reddit.
>>
>>68387972
anon
>>
yes

my first time listening to SFTD was almost a decade ago and 2500 albums later I still don't get the appeal outside of a few tracks

I think it's just that Homme is a hack because Kyuss sucks too, their first album is straight buttrock
>>
Era Vulgaris and ...Like Clockwork are objectively their best albums.
>>
>>68387521
They have a nostalgic power with me. I remember getting into Rated R on a trip up to San Diego early 2013 and subsequently going to a record store up there to purchase Songs For The Deaf on CD. I also associate Like Clockwork with when I used to talk with this cute black hipster chick who worked at an alt rock station in late 2014. She broke my heart but I carry the memories whenever I play that album on vinyl. Music has an odd way of carrying memories.
>>
>>68388171
>Kyuss sucks too, their first album is straight buttrock
they made their first album when homme was like 14 what did you expect
>>
>>68388944
that's actually very impressive

are the rest of their projects worth hearing?
>>
>>68388944
>14 year old Josh Homme is a better guitarist than you'll ever be
>>
>>68388324
>Like Clockwork with when I used to talk with this cute black hipster chick

im a huge qotsa fan but the only time i ever really got into Like Clockwork as much as the other albums I was when i would wake up with suicidal thoughts after weekends going as hard as possible (alcohol->cocaine->LSD on occasion[subnote: don't take acid without a good mindset]) and i'd take hours-long drives listening to the album on the weekdays after work thinking until i kept thinking about flinging myself off the bridges or off the steep hills at every turn

things are better now but i associate this album and partying really hard with that time and kind of ruined both for myself
>>
>>68389015
>hmm my interest is piqued please baby feed me with p4k-esque lines until I succumb to your taste

what is with you people? this is the internet, in the time you spent contemplating whether, or not you may want to experience 'x' you could have read the history of, engaged in curated media from many different viewpoints, and done them at the same time.

Fuck sakes.
>>
>>68388324
>previous R
>2013
>SftD
what
do you refuse to listen to music asynchronously?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.