[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some saxophonists currently recording and performing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (756KB, 1500x1002px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
756KB, 1500x1002px
Who are some saxophonists currently recording and performing who are better than Kamasi Washington?
>>
>>68384806
John Zorn
>>
>tenor
Tim Warfield
Abraham Burton
Mark Shim
Tony Malaby
Chris Potter
JD Allen
Ralph Bowen
Seamus Blake

>alto
Rudresh Mahanthappa
Jim Snidero
Steve Lehman
David Binney
Will Vinson
>>
>>68384806
Kamasi is boring as fuck
First track on the album sounds promising, but then he plays same pentatonic shit over and over for 3 hours and band is lazy and pretty low key most of the time so it feels like they put an emphasis on Kamasi's sax soloing which is unimaginative.
Compositions barely has significant changes and every single one of them seem to be in the same key.
I like range of instruments that are on the record and people seem like they know and understand what they do, but they end up making pretty bland shit that sneaks into background and probably is meant to be played that way
>>
>>68385057
The question was to name some better players dumbass
>>
>>68385088
here they are idiot
>>68384930
>>
>>68384806
Andrew White
>>
>>68385057
>same pentatonic shit
please at least try a little when trolling
>>
>>68385302
>trolling
>he unironically thinks kamasi is good
>>
>>68385302
that's accurate description though
>>
>>68385057
>the band is lazy
I don't even like the epic but that's straight up retard talk. The band is fucking stacked and is a collection of incredible instrumentalists. The fuck are you even saying
>>
>>68384806
Marshall Allen, Matana Roberts
>>
Ingrid Laubock, Bill McHenry, Chris Speed, Andrew D'Angelo, Ellery Eskelin, that was easy
>>
>>68388518
What are some other good jazz albums that some of them play on?
>>
>>68388750
Wikipedia > Personel list > individual players pages have their discography.

Start listening down the list like everyone else
>>
>>68388518
nah mate it's just a bunch of dumb session goons who don't know shit about jazz
>>
>>68388822
Who are you? What sessions have you done? Toured extensively with the jazz giants and Stanley Clarke among others? No? Kill yourself
>>
>>68388802
So you don't know any?
>>
>>68388885
I'm not going to spoon feed you albums lmao
>>
>>68385057
>>68384806
I'm not even meming when I say I'm genuinely repulsed at what kind of uncultured swine pretending to have some insight into being tasteful of music, or the arts in general, would claim kamasi washington - a hack whose relevance I cannot fathom a year after releasing a mediocre, derivative piece of garbage- makes good music.
>>
>>68388855
I'm a guy who knows about modern jazz? also nice logic, you can complement things without knowing shit but you have to tour with some has-been to insult anyone!
>>
>>68388959
t. Non musician
>>
>>68388967
>has been
>sold out tours all across the globe to this day
Yeah you don't know shit. You don't fool anyone
>>
>>68388977
I'm frightening and appalled at any musician who believes kamasi washington is anything worth of praise in any sense of the word.
>>
>>68388997
you know who else sells out tours? beyonce and lady gaga

if you think that popularity equals quality in the world of modern jazz, where the most brilliant and creative people are lucky to fill a 200-person university performance space, it makes sense that your taste is shit enough to think Washington and his band are even slightly relevant to anyone
>>
>>68389029
t. non musician
>>
>>68388941
aka you haven't heard any
>>
>>68389037
>band full of Grammy award winning instrumentalists
>NO REALLY THEY SUCK

Hilarious
You're pretty retarded, jazz is fucking huge in Europe. If you knew anything about the language of jazz and musicians in La/Bay Area you wouldn't say such stupid shit but it's clear you're young and don't play the music you claim to know so much about.

Yawn have fun with that lack of knowledge
>>
>>68389077
>I can't enact the labor of searching for albums myself
>therefore they must not exist
>>
>>68388977
>>68389040
t. cuck
>>
File: MI0003840112.jpg (113KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003840112.jpg
113KB, 1080x1080px
>>68389111
they really do suck though, you just listen to really boring jazz and don't realize it, here's an album to get you started off on your journey into big boy music
>>
>>68389029
t. English language major
>>
Peter Brotzmann and Ken Vandermark are still releasting albums
>>
Kamasi Washington is probably the Art Tatum of sax
>>
>>68389259
They suck so much they're constantly on tour and doing recording sessions

????

I've been playing jazz drums for over 15 years, more than you've been alive on this earth and have the best teachers in the biz show me what's what and most importantly showing a respect for fellow musicians who have paid their dues, that entire band has paid their dues and are reaping the benefits.

I've had the pleasure of playing with a lot of my heros during my short career and have decades more in me.
Talk to me about big boy music when you've played with Brian Kaas and NOLAtet, Allan H, Chris Potter etc etc
>>
>>68389384
you're never going to get good taste in music if you find excuses to reject the advice from people who know more than you

but why do i care? keep listening to your session pussies
>>
>>68389669
Not him but your insistence on your superiority suggests that you're actually just insecure about your own tastes.
>>
>>68389669
??? You don't even know what I listen to retard and you've done nothing to prove your knowledge, in fact you've shown the opposite.

>hurr I jus listen to modern jazz
>I don't actually play music but I know I lot I swear! /mu/ really taught me well!

I even said in my first post I don't even like the epic but I defended the musicians because they're tremendous musicians with knowledge, language, and technical facility (and stage experience) that you've never had. Shut the fuck up lmfao
>>
>>68389786
not at all, i just know that the big session guys are all phonies with no spine

>>68389802
i know that you think commercial success is equivalent to talent, so it's pretty much impossible that you have anywhere close to a decent understanding of modern jazz
>>
>>68389384
>I've been playing jazz drums for over 15 years, more than you've been alive on this earth
I'm >>68385057 guy
and I'm 32
and re-read my last sentence in that post, I didn't say band is awful at all, I said they're lazy in a sense Kamasi make them play that way to put emphasis on his shitty soloing
>>
>>68389259
>Billed as Joe Lavano then Dave Douglas
>picture is Dave Douglas then Joe Lovano
why
also Joe lovano is boring
>>
>>68389911
My understanding of jazz comes from 15+ years of playing, over two decades of listening, and almost a decade of appretenceship under Kirk Covington, Johnny Vidacovitch, Wayne S. III, Joey Baron, and a glorified piece of paper known as a college degree.
Yours?
>>
>>68390086
I doubt you've taken lessons from Joey Baron if you're going to complement lazy boring studio hacks, unless you just never bothered to listen to any of his groups
>>
>>68390118
I've taken many lessons with Joey because one of my main professors is one of his pupils.

Yes I've listened to John Zorn and Naked City. I literally take lessons with the dudes that put that shit together. Go contemplate suicide now
>>
>>68390190
Joey's done a lot of things other than Naked City, gee you really do listen exclusively to meme jazz lol
Naked City, the Epic, the list goes on
>>
>>68390229
Who have you studied with? No one? Oh okay
>>
Matana Roberts.
>>
>>68390242
I'd rather be an active patron for the modern jazz community and not study with anyone than to take a bunch of lessons yet listen to boring ass Grammy Award Winners (tm)!!! Oh but you know Naked City, totally gnarly bro! They play all crazy and weird xD
>>
>>68390229
>he thinks I've only heard ONE of my teachers albums

The mental gymnastics is austounding
I have rehearsal. Enjoy not being an educated musician.
>>
>>68390278
Enjoy listening to really boring corny music
>>
>>68384806
All of them.
>>
>listening to jazz made after 1970
baka
>>
>>68390289
>delusional /mu/tard who can't even play an instrument talks about being corny and boring

Are you under the age of 18?
>>
>>68390266
>he'd rather consume rather than learn the art from people who produce it
>thinks his criticism of anything is valid

Hohoho
>>
>>68389384
>>68389802
>>68390086
yeah alrite
let's pretend i believe you
so the main question is
what the fuck are you doing on 4chan anyway?
>>
>>68390356
>musicians can't post on 4chan
>>
File: 1475598914905.png (29KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475598914905.png
29KB, 250x226px
>tfw to intelligent for jazz
>>
>>68390369
it really shows how much of a good musician you are if you're shitposting on 4chan
>>
File: 435.jpg (51KB, 760x752px) Image search: [Google]
435.jpg
51KB, 760x752px
>read about all the self-acclaimed jazz experts ITT
>feel real bad about myself
>then I remember I could literally knock out any faggy loser ITT and on this board with one punch if they tried me

I win again
>>
>>68390416
>if you post on 4chan you're obviously not a good musician

Newsflash, the bulk of my shedding came from the ages of 5 - 20, I don't need to lock myself in a practice room everyday for 8 hours a day because been there done that for years. Everything I pick up comes in the form of ability to pick up new language, apply language in gig settings, and creating music with my friends which I do plenty of. Rehearsal is that, rehearsal. I can look at my phone when I'm not involved

>>68390478
I (and a lot of musicians I know) are really into BJJ. Careful lad
>>
>>68384806
Z O R N
O
R
N
>>
>>68390495
>I (and a lot of musicians I know) are really into BJJ. Careful lad
>BJJ
I was kinda believing you but now i know you're literally retarded
>>
>>68390631
?
I'm only a second stripe blue belt but I play with purple and brown belts all the time.
>>
File: IMG_2641.jpg (63KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2641.jpg
63KB, 1280x800px
>>68390631
You been living under a rock or something?
>>
>>68390631
Old jazz musicians were heavily into boxing, that's a known fact. Only makes sense that's evolved into other Martial Arts that are popular today. I think you're the only retarded one here bud
>>
Here are some reasons I didn't think the Epic was very good

>"NO THE EPIC IS GREAT BECAUSE I SAY IT IS AND HERE IS A LIST OF PEOPLE I ONCE TOOK A LESSON FROM"

That's cool but it doesn't really have to do with-

>"GRAMMYS!!!"
>>
>>68391174
Literally didn't state a single reason other than
>it's boring
>too many pentatonics
>I'm a music expert

The things about pentatonics might be the only legitimate criticism here and that's a matter of taste. Feel free to try and make an actual case for Kamasi being bad, but so far it sounds like armchair pedantry.
>>
>>68384806
Peter Brotzmann & Tim Berne.
>>
>>68391174
Except I never once said I liked the fucking epic. Nice reading comprehension twit.
I'm sorry I'm good enough to get taught by the best. :^)
>>
>>68391832
It's WAYYYY too long. I think you could get a decent hours' worth of material from it but the rest is not up to the same level.

This goes along with the first criticism, but the tracks with lead vocals sound like they come from a completely different album and break up any continuity that the album does have.

It's terribly mixed. I know this is a matter of opinion too, but it's really just horrendously compressed and it becomes very difficult to hear the fine details of each player's performance. For example, the drums are mixed to sound more like a drum machine- I'd guess to appeal more to people who are used to listening to hip hop.

Kamasi's solos are pretty predictable and every single one has basically the same shape that ends with him holding out long altissimo notes. There's nothing actually wrong with this, but when he does it on almost every single solo, it begins to get pretty tiresome. Which leads back to my point that most of the material should have been cut.

Then there's the fact that his solos are always quite a bit longer than anyone else's. It sounds like some of them might have actually been decent but they're almost always cut off early so Kamasi has time for 6 minute solo. When your album is three hours long, that shouldn't be a problem.

The strings and choir- it's really just a gimmick. Not even a good gimmick since it's been done quite a bit before. Strings and choir can be good if you actually make interesting arrangements for them, but most of the time here they are just adding single background melodies that could have easily been played by the horns in the group. Why have a whole string orchestra play it other than for the "epic" aesthetic? Just a gimmick really. Not to mention the fact that adding in background string and choir samples really gets in the way of what your rhythm section is able to do. If you've got good players, let them play.
>>
>>68384806
Donny McCaslin, Mark Turner, Chris Potter, Chris Speed, Bill McHenry, Rich Perry, Bryce Winston, Michael Lewis, Tony Malaby, Rick Margitza, Joshua Redman, David Sanchez, Wayne Escoffery, David Binney, Miguel Zenon...I dunno man, literally all of them.
>>
>>68384806
Maybe the guy that performs with Sarah Neufeld?
>>
>>68392499
>solo album has soloist stretching solos
Who would have thunk

I absolutely agree that the mixing is terrible but as someone who has actually been through the studio process on multiple occasions compression is a part of life. It's not done for effect, it's done to help with mixing a large range of frequencies and I garuntee you the uncompressed version of any recorded tune will always sound better on studio monitors. Plus mixing in a full orchestra, choirs, and a large band is a nightmare. So your compression comment is dumb as that's just the way the recording practices are.

Any jazz musician worth their weight in salt can listen to someone solo and pick out who is soloing based on phrasing, shaping, motific tendencies etc etc. it's how we know Coltrane without having to know it's Coltrane. It's also how we know someone is quoting Coltrane when it clearly isn't Coltrane. That said it just sounds like you've got a beef with kasami and seeing the recent trend of being hip you have to hate good players playing (on /mu/ nowhere else) I can see how you would follow that trend.

I don't like the choir but I don't agree it's a gimmick. Clearly he had an idea for an epic album and what he thought would fulfill that vision and he went all in, hit or miss, which is great for musicians because it just means more of us get work, especially in the orchestral/choral world that is currently very limited as far as job opportunities.
>>
>>68392805
>Who would have thunk
Then why let the other players solo at all if you don't respect them enough to let them take solos that are as long as yours? Or maybe he's worried that they will play better solos than him...? either way, not good.

>and seeing the recent trend of being hip you have to hate good players playing
I like plenty of players. Vijay Iyer and Rudresh Mahanthappa are both great and have found some mainstream popularity.

Recognizable characteristics in your playing is a good thing but having the same approach and shape to every single solo isn't. It's funny you should bring up Coltrane because it sounds to me like Kamasi listened to A Love Supreme and just decided he should try to do that for every solo but without any melodic development or a great rhythm section to react to and be supported by.
>>
>>68384834
/thread
>>
>>68392805
Now, why don't you tell me what makes the album good instead of just insinuating that the only reason I didn't like it is because it's popular.

Which one of Kamasi's solos is best?
Which composition is the best and why?
Which of the other soloists besides Kamasi do you like best and what's their best solo?
What do you think sets the album apart from other "spiritual jazz"?
What sets Kamasi apart from his many peers who also are influenced by Coltrane but have many more years experience playing and developing their own personal approach?
>>
>>68393225
Clearly you aren't a musician. If you get a call to be on someone's record, they respect you enough to call you out of the hundreds of other musicians they know. If you ask anyone on that record about respect, it's mutual all the way around. You however clearly don't understand that, simply because you've never been called to do a record.
>he's worries that they will play better solos than him..?
Music, especially in this day and age, isn't a competition. One of the last jazz greats that carried that mentality was Tony Williams, he wanted to show up everyone and be the best and he was, but he never did it in a way that was about him.now that's super important because in the end it's about the music and not showing each other up. You've got a severe disconnect from that world and yours.

>sounds to me kasami listened to A Love Supreme and just decided he should try to do that every solo but without melodic development
You're really reaching on that one. While I have no doubt in my mind he's listened to A Love Supreme (no modern jazz musician that's doing anything with their career hasn't) to reach that far and say he's just doing Coltrane but worse ridiculous. I'd encourage you to show me all the moments he rips Coltrane. As far as melodic devlopement, why don't you transcribe his solos and the changes and see for yourself if what bullshit you spew is true. If it is then you'll see stagnant blanket scales that are played over the changes, which is my memory serves me correct isn't the case.
Can you even read music lad, let alone transcribe it?
>or without a great rhythm section to support it.
Now you're really reaching.
Ron and Austin are two of CAs top calls in the drumming world and Ron has toured with plenty of the jazz greats and was playing with Stanley Clarke at like age 20. Don't take into account he's been gigging professionally since the age of 8, but that's well over a decade of playing experience with a serious rhythm section.
>>
>>68393225
>>68393374
..and that's far from a bad rhythm section. You're delusional man. What a joke
>>
>>68393773
>Clearly you aren't a musician.
I don't see why that's relevant to what we're discussing, but since this seems to be so important to you, why don't we both post a recording of ourselves playing on a standard. You can pick the standard. Something you record now, not previously.

>If you get a call to be on someone's record, they respect you enough to call you out of the hundreds of other musicians they know. If you ask anyone on that record about respect, it's mutual all the way around. You however clearly don't understand that, simply because you've never been called to do a record.
I can understand that, whether I've been called to be on a record or not. You seem to have missed my point and instead pounced on the word "respect." My point was that none of the other soloists are given enough time for their solos to develop into anything interesting. Please give me your perspective on this and list a few of the sideman's solos that you particularly enjoy and how they develop, instead of changing the subject.

>I'd encourage you to show me all the moments he rips Coltrane. As far as melodic devlopement, why don't you transcribe his solos and the changes and see for yourself if what bullshit you spew is true.
I might just do that. After all that's the only way to really prove what I said.

>>68393773
>Ron and Austin are two of CAs top calls in the drumming world and Ron has toured with plenty of the jazz greats and was playing with Stanley Clarke at like age 20
Well let me know when they're good enough to hang in New York. Ron may have played with some guys but what about the rest of the rhythm section? Also, since listing who they've played with seems to be your only argument of why they're good, would you like me to list the resumes of McCoy Tyner, Jimmy Garrison, and Elvin Jones, who you seem to be comparing them to?
>>
>>68393808
Once again your entire argument seems to be baseless accusations against my musical talents rather than actually saying anything positive about the album as I've invited you to do.
>>
>>68384834
yeah but is he recording anything anymore? As usual a shit ton of albums lately but everything I've heard is just composed by him.
>>
>>68384806
Sonny Rollins and Wayne Shorter still tour.
>>
>somebody disagrees with me so they must have never played an instrument before!

I actually thought the epic was decent but you are the worst kind of person
>>
>>68394492
this is directed at you>>68393773 btw
>>
>>68394176
>let me know when they're good enough to hang in New York
The sheer amount of stupidity....

Ron credits
His other credits already include Wayne Shorter, Kenny Garrett, Stanley Clarke, Roy Hargrove, Suicidal Tendencies, Marcus Miller, Tribal Tech, Lee Ritenour, Michael Landau, Kirk Whalum, Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Patrice Rushen, Ron Carter, Melvin Lee Davis, Clark Terry, Dianne Reeves, Johnny Griffin, Raphael Saadiq, Bobby Rodriguez, The Heath Bros. Horace Tapscott, Tracy Spencer, Black Rice, The Young Jazz Giants, Gerald Albright, J.K. Kleutgens, Mike Phillips, Johnathan Butler, Al Jareau, Q-Tip from Tribe Called Quest, J*Davey, Rachelle Ferrell, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Jeffrey Osbourne, BeBe Winans, James Ingram, Erykah Badu, Alan Holdsworth, Stevie Wonder, Vanessa Williams, Jennifer Hudson, Doug E. Fresh, Tony Grey, Cheryl Lynn, Ray Parker Jr. Prince, Thundercat, Kendrick Lamar.

That took me less than 1 minute to find. You can look up everyone else's credits.
If you honestly believe Bruner cant hang in NYC only further confirms your dellusion.
Your (lack of) knowledge of the music isn't going to be experienced and knowledgeable as someone who's been on the instrument gigging with greats for decades. Motherfucker I play drums of course I know who the fuck Elvin has played for i transcribe his shit all the time and I'm playing passion dance in my combo as a warm up tune.
Id love to record a standard. Pick any standard and I'll record it on my fucking phone for you.
>>
>>68394541
You're still ignoring my main point. Bruner has played with some guys but FUCKING TELL ME WHAT ABOUT HIS PLAYING ON THE ALBUM YOU LIKE.

Tony Williams has one of the most impressive resumes ever, but that doesn't make every single album he touched good.

I literally can't find any other jazz albums that Tony Austin (the other drummer) or Miles Mosley (the bassist) have played on. Mosley seems to be a studio musician, rather than a jazz bassist. Looks like he's played with Chris Cornell, Kenny Loggins, A7X, and Kendrick Lamar but I'm not seeing much in the way of jazz recording credits.

But that's beside the point anyway, since listing people's credits seems to be your way to avoid actually talking about music.

But since we're both musicians, rather than just call each other names why don't we play something together, since that seems to be the only thing you understand.

I'll upload a standard in a few minutes and maybe you can record yourself drumming along with that.
>>
>>68394242
I don't think so
>>
>>68394717
I'm sure you know the tune

http://vocaroo.com/i/s03N2maHgV8A
>>
this thread is depressing
>>
>>68395677
glad I stopped at the first post then
>>
there was a really cool guy playing saxophone at the plaza in my town
gave him 20 america bux
maybe he's better opie
>>
>>68394541
>that fucking list
laugh my fucking ass off he's a 21st century musician and all he does is play with irrelevant old bogeys and fucking rappers

its like you don't know about any jazz unless it's super derivative or performed by people who should have stopped playing 30 years ago

for the record playing with fucking q tip and kendrick lamar doesnt mean you're an interesting jazz musician
>>
>>68384930
>>68388687
>>68392641
lol
>>
Adrián Terrazas-González

/thread
>>
>>68395158
your time is sketchy bro

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1q9LW29M4ww
>>
>>68395731
Playing with fucking q tip and kendrick lamar makes you $$$$$$$$$$$ so you can living comfortably playing the instrument you love. he's literally played with the masters and you're trying to shit on that because he takes pop gigs too? lmfao
>>
>>68396094
So now can you at least entertain the possibility that somebody who plays jazz doesn't like the epic? Is that really so difficult to believe?
>>
>>68396195
you fucking what?

my first post in this thread is literally >>68388518

>I don't even like the epic
I've been trying to defend the band from people saying they're shit musicians when most of them were literally child prodigies, especially in the drum world all of the gen x dudes are fucking smashing it and all play killer jazz but people are trying to shit on them when they've taken lessons from people like Tony, and John Ramsay, and have played with the biggest names in jazz. you don't end up there on accident, it's cause you're fucking good.
>>
>>68396251
good jazz musicians don't play with "big names", you just don't understand that because you don't realize that modern jazz is mostly an underground art so you're confused when we dislike your shitty mainstream waste
>>
>>68389135
>I refuse to recommend albums
>on a music discussion site

you're either under insufferable denial of your own ignorance, or so unbelievably stuck up your ass that you cannot even give the poor guy something to start with? faggot, if we come here to talk and discover music why do you want to enact folks to not talk and share the music they know and just reclusively search through extensive encyclopaedic lists with the hopes of finding the few good ones all on their own
like nigga holy shit it's okay to be an autistic antisocial asshole but you don't have to come here and hope to make people turn into you
>>
>>68394717
>modern jazz is an underground art
>good jazz musicians don't play with big names
What is this pretentious bullshit
They live on the west coast where the way to make a solid living is through film/commercial scoring, producing, playing for tv shows, and then making enough money for the year to go off and play what they want to play with whomever they want to play with. Mark Guilluana recorded with David Bowie, does that make all of his music mediocre all of a sudden cause he's played with a big name? Get real dude those guys would play circles around you bad time keeping ass. All you have to do is look them up on YouTube and watch them play with everyone they play with.
>>
>>68395769
>>/reddit
>>
File: 1472864246974.png (123KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1472864246974.png
123KB, 500x283px
>36 posters
>101 responses
>Not admitting Kamodo Dragington is overrated within 20 posts and ignoring obvious bait posters

Props to jazz drummer anon cause drummers are hot
>>
>>68396723
>does that make all of his music mediocre all of a sudden cause he's played with a big name?
No but according to you that makes all of his music good apparently since when asked what you like about someone's playing your only response is to post lists of "big names" that they've played with.

The person you're responding to is not the same one who posted the recording btw
>>
>>68396878
Jazz drummer anon is the one doing all the trolling tho
>>
>>68396889
What? Dude I like their individual styles. Jazz is about style isn't it not? Those individualistic character traits that make those musicians unique in the way that they approach the a musical situation. Not because theyve played within x y and z. Through their experiences they get better as musicians (learning on the bandstand) and do them the only way they would do them. I know Bruner is a ridiculous musician so no matter what he does, regardless if I like it or not, I respect and listen because there's knowledge being shared and played on the drums. Same with anybody on those records whom I admire as musicians.
They are monster musicians that are getting financial success and recognition among the masses for it. How you see this as a bad thing is beyond me.
its whatever though, if you're not a musician you don't listen with the intention of learning why they play this certain pattern over this certain climax of a solo and how to apply it in other situations and trying to get inside the minds of favorite musicians. That's how I go about it.
>>
Wish I was a jazz bass player...
>>
>>68396636
>why won't you spoon feed me
The post.
>>
>>68397081
Why
>>
File: Steve Coleman - Synovial Joines.jpg (127KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Coleman - Synovial Joines.jpg
127KB, 500x449px
Steve Coleman
>>
what the fuck happened in this thread
two anons duked it out musically holy shit the internet is insane
>>
>>68397747
I say people should music battle like this to prove they aren't plebs, especially during confrontation.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.