[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good albums for INTPs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: FB_IMG_1476125771500.jpg (52KB, 473x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476125771500.jpg
52KB, 473x960px
What are some good albums for INTPs?
>>
File: john-linnell-04.jpg (20KB, 206x281px) Image search: [Google]
john-linnell-04.jpg
20KB, 206x281px
But us INTPs do feel. We just don't get feelings from most of the same things others do.

Some of my favorites are

Nero's Day At Disneyland - From Rotting Fantasylands
Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Susumu Hirasawa - Technique of Relief
Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
Ladytron - Velocifero
Gas - Pop
>>
>>68381715
>>68381764
Don't be autistic. It's autistic enough to use the MBTI, at least be the right kind of autistic and try to use it properly.

You feel the same shit as everyone else. You perceive, interpret, and store it slightly different from other people. That doesn't make you robots. It just means that your weakest personality function is extraverted feeling, making it difficult for you to get your emotions across to other people as well as having more difficulty in understanding the emotions of other people. ISTPs hypothetically have the same inferior function and they aren't robots.

Anyway, Aphex Twin is by far the most INTP musician to ever live.
>>
>>68381764
>>68381828
Thanks for the replies, I'll give those a listen. I honestly just used the most recent image I had that reasonably fit haha.
>>
>>68381828
As a follow up, any recommendation as to where I should start with Aphex?
>>
>don stepped outside
Spiderland is the ultimate intp album
>>
what are some good isfp records

asking for a friend
>>
File: image.jpg (700KB, 1406x1406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
700KB, 1406x1406px
>>68381828
Everyone who fits into these categories can still differ greatly. I am an INTP, and I hardly feel any sort of emotion simply because of how shitty my mental state is and has always been and all that has happened to me.

>Aphex Twin
How so? Imo Radiohead is the greatest of all INTP bands and makes the most INTP-related music. The use of crescendo adds to the seeking of novelty given that the song feels as if it gains a second wind or nearly changes altogether. He makes lyrics about such things as isolation and alienation in a 21st century environment that I believe can really speak to people like me, but perhaps not every INTP and not even specifically INTP, but his music all the same is quite introspective imo
>>
>>68381715
Bill is an IxFP and Hank is an ISTP.
>>
File: at action park.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
at action park.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
If we're going by the stereotype of "every INTP is an autist with OCD", why not some math rock?
I always get INTP in those tests, and I'm really into Albini's stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikMB1CKztC4
>>
>>68383069
INTJ's are autists with OCD, we are just weird ass guys with weird ass interests relatively speaking. We seek novelty too much for us to be autists with OCD
>>
Reminder that this shit is barely a step up from astrology and pretty much nobody in the psychology field actually takes it seriously anymore.
>>
>>68383134
You're not wrong, but it is interesting to learn some about your own cognition.
>>
>>68383134
>barely a step up from astrology
Just because it isn't valid in the psychological field doesn't mean it can even be compared to astrology. It is certainly the most valid personality test out there because it only tells you what you should already know. What is bad about it is the label.

What I mean when I say it tells you what you already know is you answer the questions in a way that puts you into these categories that shouldn't be anything new to you. For instance, I would already know that I am not only an introvert but that I also prefer rationality over sentimentality. I also would know that I love to experience new things, I can't even watch a movie that I've already seen without becoming incredibly bored. In other words, I crave novelty. What was somewhat unknown to me was how much I was intuitive over how much I only took in what I could sense, or I suppose it is only worded differently that I was used to given I already understood I did that.

The difference between this and astrology is that astrology actually only gives you somewhat vague things that could suggest something you perceive to be deeper about yourself. Like, one horoscope for myself said I like care about my loved ones vehemently or something and that I love their company etc which is stupid, because even though chances are most people past young adulthood would agree that they have at least some family members they enjoy the company of, I don't enjoy the company of anyone
>>
>>68381828
While I think the Meyers Briggs model is unfinished, the INTP description fits me to a t. It's uncanny.
>>
>>68383281
To even answer the questions in this way that illuminates your personality, you have to have enough of an understanding about yourself. So the test isn't some bullshit Buzzfeed personality test or something, it's legitimate albeit not immensely insightful to those who already have a great conscious understanding of themselves
>>
File: 1475311124867.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1475311124867.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>>68383134
Here's where you're wrong, though.

All of life is built on DNA replication. DNA is made up of four bases. These four bases are then put into sequences, building the information required to create the cell. Extrapolate this to the macro level, and DNA is what formed you the way you are.

Now consider the animal kingdom - all variations on a theme, all created by DNA. Life replicating with usually only minute changes occuring each generation.

Now, I don't know how good you are at extrapolating, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for brevity's sake and say you should now have the idea that life is very pattern based.

Brains too, as a part of DNA created, pattern based life, would form into similar patterened categories. Hence, our personalities and varying mental processing functions.
>>
>>68383359
I like to attribute it to natural variations...
>>
>>68383359
that's some pseudoscience right there
>>
>>68383430
Eh, it's more condensed science. Given enough time, I could write an exhaustive thesis on it, but I come to /mu/ for music not biology.
>>
>>68383545
what do you think of bob dylan
>>
>>68383684
Better than NMH, Nick Drake and American Football combined. On equal footing with Tom Waits.
>>
>>68383729
you're in the other thread huh
i don't know if dylan and tom waits are really equatable. tom waits is more similar to nick cave than anyone else.
if anything, dylan and lou reed are more similar. bowie, too. if we're talking about the way they went about things, that is.
>>
Any post rock
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.