[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only reason people think the singles are better than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pandapwcover[1].jpg (160KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pandapwcover[1].jpg
160KB, 900x900px
The only reason people think the singles are better than the rest is because they were the singles
>>
and these were the dubs
>>
>>68374181
oooooh. That's shit m8
>>
It's honestly one of the most depressing albums I've ever listened to. The songs sound 'colorful' and 'upbeat' on the surface, but there's this feeling of disconnect that comes through in the songs, like it's all fake, it all means absolutely nothing. It's like someone putting on a big fake smile while they're actually tortured. That's the vibe I get from this album. I think that the album was a creative exercise, and it failed. They consciously tried to let go of elements that seemed crucial to their artistic triumphs of the 2000's feeling that they weren't capable of that anymore, and it didn't work out for them. Painting With sounds like a weird death note. The most crushing thing about it is that it doesn't own up to how depressing it is, it does the opposite with bouncy synth notes etc, but then those form this weird thin sort of haze, and you realize how crushingly depressing the music actually is. There's no joy. It sounds like someone who wants to die.

Sometimes I wonder what an artist at their peak would think of what they're currently doing. In interviews from the 2000's Animal Collective seemed fully aware of what their strengths were and what they were capable of musically. Painting With sounds really confused and unsure, like everything is in question. Honestly, it sounds like they're doubting themselves creatively. In the 2000's it felt like everything was progressing towards something, and that was always vague and unclear, but there was this feeling of wonder and excitement. Now everything seems kind of plastic and dull and gray, like everything's just kind of there. It sounds like hell.
>>
>>68374616

Agreed. While the album sounds upbeat and lively, it also feels hollow and colorless at the same time.
>>
>>68374616
ain't reading all that shit
>>
>>68374150
The only reason people think that album is good is because it's Animal Collective
>>
>>68374616
you have been posting this wall of text kind of stuff in almost every single thread about this album and centipede hz and literally no one cares
it's just annoying, especially in the way you act like your interpretation of the album and their creative process is the correct one and everyone else is just faking or wrong
please just shut up
>>
>>68374782
it was ok but it was kinda saying a lot without really saying anything

like painting with
>>
>>68374616
I dunno man, the album on the whole wasn't groundbreaking or brilliant, but Golden Gals is still one of the best songs of the year.

A band that's lost all hope couldn't write something like that, I think they've got plenty of life in them. Painting With was made by just ambling along, the album is aimless wandering.
>>
>>68374616
>Projecting this hard on an album you had no part in making

The only thing that's apparent from CHz onwards is that all of the members have matured quite a bit and are no longer in the midst of a volatile emotional landscape like they were in their 20's living in New York. The intense dynamism of their earlier albums is a direct reflection of their personal lives at the time, and PW seems to show they've sort of grown out of that.

> In the 2000's it felt like everything was progressing towards something

and that something was MPP. I don't doubt that they have it in them to make something in the same vein as their earlier catalogue, but the very essence of this group is that they kinda do whatever they want despite reception so who knows
>>
>>68374150
On Delay wasn't a single
>>
>>68376714
completely agree, Golden Gals is an absolute tune (possibly top 10 anco songs of all time for me).
>>
>>68374616
I figured pretty much the opposite, m7.

PW is more or less genuinely energetic, sincerely upbeat. It's absolutely clear when compared to Centipede Hz, everyone's mental state has improved for the better.

It seems to me you're projecting a lot of your own disappointment in the feeling of the music, when at its core it's just another concept for them, this time taken with a greater degree of enthusiasm. Centipede Hz was claustrophobic and manic, due in great part to the fact that Avey (Geologist only to a lesser extent) dominated the sonic concepts of the album and was in a severely anxious and emotionally exhaustive state. In many ways, this is a strength for CHz as much as a weakness, it gives it a bit more visible depth. PW comes off as much more shallow simply in comparison - the creative workload is spread out much more evenly (Panda is clearly contributing as much as Avey and Geo are on PW, a far cry from CHz) and the approach to the concept - a no bullshit, pure pop endeavor -is a lot more carefree and less emotionally-loaded.

It isn't a death rattle, bruv. It's just a breath of fresh air for the band.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.