[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Recommendations to a Newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: oos.jpg (148KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
oos.jpg
148KB, 900x900px
Okay, so I have no experience on /mu/. My favorite bands are Muse and Aerosmith. Call my taste in music shit, recommend something worthwhile, and post all your dumb /mu/ memes to confuse me.
>>
>>68370222
The trips say read the sticky
>>
Muse is radiohead lite, check them out first.
>>
File: Kansas.jpg (27KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
Kansas.jpg
27KB, 300x294px
>>68370222
>>
Death Grips and Swans.
>>
>>68370222
Listen to Animal's Collective Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished and if you can't get past the first three songs then you are a pleb
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>68370261
>Swans
Don't try to scare him off already, start here
>>
/mu/ are dumb. Recommend the accessible stuff first. Radiohead are an obvious place to start. Listen to OK Computer.
>>
File: image.jpg (487KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
487KB, 1500x1500px
>>68370222
Check out old school Magnum, it's soft, but still energetic.
>>
File: mucore.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
mucore.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>
>>68370222
Check out Oceansize, you'll dig them if you like Muse.
>>
>>68370422
exactly,this seems like the perfect place to start.
I miss overplaying okc
>>
It's so embarrassing when /mu/ newbies display their massive lack of knowledge about the context and importance of albums, and will instead post the same few albums to death not because they have a genuine interest in the album, a connection with the music, but because it's /mu/core and they feel the compulsion.
>>
Simply saying Muse and Aerosmith isn't much to go on. Have you explored all the classic rock albums from Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Neil Young, etc.? That's a decent place to start.

And then there is 90s alt rock like Nirvana, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Nine Inch Nails, etc. These are the best places to start for a beginner. Ignore the people saying Animal Collective or Swans because you probably won't like it.
>>
>>68370222
Listen to OK Computer by Radiohead
>>
>>68370319
this

also kill yourself
>>
File: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
This should be everyone's first album when visiting /mu/.
>>
>>68370530
Well nobody pays much attention to things I mention outside of /mu/core shit
>>
1-Create an account on the site rateyourmusic.com (needed for step 2, there is another method with discogs.com and random.org, that dont need an account but its less simple)
2- Download the program called soulseek
3- Go here http://rateyourmusic.com/misc/random
4-Try to find the album on soulseek
5-If you find download go to 6 , if not go to 3
6-Listen to the album you downloaded and keep what you like
7-go back to 3
>>
File: PicsArt_10-09-10.42.12.jpg (78KB, 460x696px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_10-09-10.42.12.jpg
78KB, 460x696px
>>68370245
Today I shall remind them
>>
>>68370239
It's best to plunge yourself into it headfirst. We're skipping most of /mu/core and diving into that good shit.

Burzum - Filosofem
Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe
Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
Ratatat - LP3
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
Death Grips - Exmilitary
Paysage D'Hiver - Das Tor
Vitalic - OK Cowboy
Susumu Hirasawa - Technique of Relief
Tiny Tim - God Bless Tiny Tim
Nero's Day At Disneyland - From Rotting Fantasylands
Gas - Pop
>>
>>68370906
This is fuckin legit.
++ on
Have a Nice Life
Death Grips
Burzum
a
>>
>>68370550
I still don't get this and I've been here for 5 years.
>>
File: tumblr_o3f5o9pwDZ1qeghtio1_500.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3f5o9pwDZ1qeghtio1_500.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>
>>68370980
wtf
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.