[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Blackparadecover.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blackparadecover.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
thoughts /mu/?
>>
WHEN I WAS
>>
>>68370217
A YOUNG BOY
>>
TEENAGERS
>>
WE'LL CARRY ON
>>
>>68370210
Imo this is /mu/'s most talked about "screw you I like it" album
>>
TUUUUUURN AWAAAAAAAAAY
>>
>>68370284
probably stems from liking it in highschool
i still enjoy it from time to time
>>
WELL I KNOW
>>
>>68370210
It's completely overblown but captures that grandiose, classic rock concept album feel but with a darker twist.

It's a pretty decent album, all things considered. And I don't even like it for nostalgic reasons.
>>
Pretty good. They're all great musicians and know how to write a banger. One of the better and nost unique bands from the 'scene' they got lumped in.
>>
>>68370284
Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance had obnoxious media attention and fan bases, but were awesome if you ask me. The solo in Dead! is hype as fuck.

Pic related. One of my 10/10 albums. I guess you could call it melodramatic, but the production is fucking insane.
>>
>>68370262
SCARE
>>
File: fall-out-boy-infinity-on-high.jpg (109KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fall-out-boy-infinity-on-high.jpg
109KB, 1200x1200px
>>68370599
>>
>>68370599
the transition from The End to Dead! was so smooth I had to check to see if the song had actually changed
>>
>>68370599
Yo if you dig those two check out Armor For Sleep's What To Do When Your Dead if you haven't already. Concept album, some e tronic influences, atmospheric as fuck, fantastic production and great songwriting. Really underappreciated band.
>>
Love My Chem but this is one of their worse records imo
>>
>>68370599
Folie a Deux is a 10 and the definition of what a pop-rock record should be
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 900x900px
>>68370210
>>68370623
>forgetting the best album in the emo trinity
>>
>>68372155
what a shame the poor groom's bride's a SHHH
>>
>>68372198
I CHIME IN
>>
>>68372224
WITH A HAVENT YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF, CLOSING A G---DAMN DOOR
>>
>>68372250
NO IT'S MUCH BETTER TO FACE THESS KINDS OF THINGS WITH A SENSE OF POISE AND RATIONALITY
>>
it's good for what it is
>>
>>68371927
>>68370210

Same.

Well not their single worse record, everything else after it is trash. They were at their best as a "screamo" band with everything else that came before.

It's still a great rock album, but it still feels like they were trying way too hard to be a millennial version of Queen.
>>
>>68372155
FFFFFUUUUUUUck so much nostalgia behind this album and I never got it in full until this past year. 6th grade was neat.
>>
>>68370622
THE
>>
>>68373305
LIVING
>>
>>68371950
>>68370623
>>68370210
I wonder if it's like some kind of mkultra internet brainwashing shit or something. But I've been going to the gym and primarily only listening to these two bands. I don't know what it is. Haven't heard it since HS.

There's ALOT from fob that simply sucks. But some of it is really fun, catchy and ridiculous. Same with MCR. They're not amazing, fan base was wretched, but they can write a song
>>
>>68373316
SHIT
>>
>>68372853
They were never screamo. Have you ever even fucking heard a screamo band or even hardcore?
>>
>>68370210
>>68370623
>>68372155
Weird how these three bands always get mentioned in these discussions but no one talks about Taking Back Sunday, The Used, AFI, Saosin etc anymore.
>>
>>68373597
TBS will always be my shit
there newest album was legit pretty good
>>
>>68373434
I doooooooooooooooon't give a shit.

People called them screamo, I know they're not screamo, the people who called them screamo didn't know any better, and they're also not emo even though people called them that as well. That's why I put it in quotes.

You're like the pop-punk police that shows up when bands like Blink 182 and Sum 41 are brought up. Keep fighting the good fight, I guess.
>>
>>68372155
PLEASE LEAVE ALL OVERCOATS CANES AND,
TOP HATS WITH THE DOORMAN
>>
>>68373720
#DefendEasycore
>>
>>68373647
Listening to Tell All Your Friends and then listening to Tidal Wave feels like listening to 2 completely different bands
>>
>>68372853
>but it still feels like they were trying way too hard to be a millennial version of Queen.
I think that's exactly "the joke" about The Black Parade. It offers me all the aspects I like from Queen without having to put up with the ones I don't, while at the same time feeling genuine enough to be considered something else and not just a shitty cover band.
(Also, I LOVE glam, so I don't mind the Bowie plagiarism and general aesthetic. The only thing that bothers from time to time are the lyrics, they can get REALLY awful).
>>
Strong 3

The worst parts of classic rock meet the worst parts of scene rock. Some occasionally cool pop hooks, though.

Tran-
>>
>>68370210
I saw them play the album in its entirety in March 2007 in Anaheim. It was a good show and I appreciate their theatrics. "Sleep" is my favorite track from the album. There's at least 10 bands and albums from that scene I think are better though and I don't get nearly as sentimental over them as many people tend to since they've broken up.
>>
>>68374057
Which bands from the scene do you consider to be better? (just curious)
>>
>>68373932
-sition
Aaaand thos are my thoughts on the latest My Chemical Romance record. What did you think of it? Love it? Hate it? I'm Anthony Fantano. My Chemical Romance. The Black Parade.

Forever.
>>
Three Cheers and The Black Parade were their best records.
>>
>>68373756
Fucking kek. I met someone like you back in middle school nearly 9 years ago. I wish I befriended him a bit further. uwu
>>
>>68374340
Danger Days is arguably their best.
>>
I feel like the only one but honestly MCR's first album is my favorite. Like its not even close. Their first album was just so raw and awesome. I love it and listen to it way more than the others
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.