[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into glitch, where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1458438964156.png (3MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1458438964156.png
3MB, 1400x1400px
I want to get into glitch, where do I start?
>>
personally I think Sweet Trip is not a bad starting point, or edIT, if you want a more mainstream one, dataplex is also good. check the essential charts on the wiki then branch out from the albums you liked, search discogs etc
>>
farmers manual
>>
File: cover.jpg (80KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
80KB, 500x485px
Listen to this in its entirety. If you can't take it then glitch is not for you.
>>
Sweet Trip is barely glitch
Listen to Oval's 94 Diskont

>>68362409
This
>>
>>68362409
you got link desu? all i could find was 128kbps on archive
>>
Raster-Noton and Mille Plateaux labels
Oval
Pole
Alva Noto
SND
>>
File: dwnldslsk.png (565KB, 500x494px)
dwnldslsk.png
565KB, 500x494px
>>68363543
*sigh*
>>
Would Cornelius' Fantasma be cinsidered Glitch? Sweet trip really reminded me of that album quite a bit.
>>
Fennesz is probably the most entry level glitch ever created.
>>
Not OP, but can anyone rec me more stuff that sounds like Tekka? (Or that DGrips 2.0 track)
>>
>>68362409
what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>68364377
kek
>>
>>68362409
Damn this is so good..Thankyou so much
>>
>>68364124
No and neither is Sweet Trip
He's cool though. You might want to get into stuff like Plus-Tech Squeeze Box or Katamari Damacy Soundtrack instead.

>>68364289
Aw-tek-ka (Autechre)
Gantz Graf and Untilted (not Untitled) are the most similar
>>
>>68365685
>Autechre
which one??@@

I never found an autechre track that sounds like this. i like faster stuff, autechre is more ambient.

squarepusher and venetian snares also don't scratch the same itch btw. i'll check out the other ones you mentioned
>>
>>68365756
lmao what autechre have you even heard? probably amber and tri rep

try harder to get into squarepusher and vsnares, their sound is much more similar to tekka than auteche imo
>>
>>68365756
Autechre did some insanely fast stuff on Gantz Graf (an Autechre release, not a different artist). They never did something as happy/energetic as Tekka though, you are right as that. In that case, you might want to check out Terminal11's Fractured Sunshine. Nero's Day at Disneyland if you want even more insanity.
>>
>>68365808
>probably amber and tri rep
pretty much, lol

>try harder to get into squarepusher and vsnares, their sound is much more similar to tekka than auteche imo
yeah, they're the closest I found but their music is what you would get if you removed the rhythm (not sure if there's a more exact word for this) of Tekka and just left the 'random noises' in. While I'm looking for something that sounds more coherent atm. I found this quite banging though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgsC6oPRgzc

>Autechre did some insanely fast stuff on Gantz Graf (an Autechre release, not a different artist).
hah, yeah, i saw that right after I posted. Pretty much what I said above, though. I'm not advanced enough for just that lol

I'll check out the other stuff for sure tho
>>
File: 1398820417537.jpg (220KB, 500x739px)
1398820417537.jpg
220KB, 500x739px
>>68365685
Damn plus Tech-squeeze Box sounds awesome desu;;Any idea where to start with..?
>>
>>68366870
nevermind they have released only 2 full album so it wont be hard
>>
>>68366870
Cartooom!
but second track from Fakevox is their best song
>>
>>68366975
Listening to it right now.you just made my day anon.Thank you so much
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.