[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can i enjoy the album if i'm not black?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: solange.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
solange.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
can i enjoy the album if i'm not black?
>>
I can't enjoy this album because it's garbage. I gave it a star in RYM and I think it should be lower
>>
>>68358725
>because it's garbage

This is why you shouldn't pretend to enjoy it.
>>
I don't think she wants us to but the joke's on her because I did anyway
>>
>>68358684
Yeah you can
>>
I want to listen to this album but black people scare me so.....
>>
>>68358684
I can't tell if this question is bait or not but yes you can enjoy the album if you're not black. The album is very basic and not good but you might like it. I don't see why so many people like it here. It's just generic pop with a political message.
>>
>>68358684
Im black and this alòbum is trash
Maybe you need to be a black womans
>>
>>68358684
No, you cannot. It's not made for you. Any attempts to enjoy it will be considered cultural appropriation.
>>
>>68358684

I'm black, I'll let you know.

Is this album nice-sounding and catchy? Yes. Is this album good music? Sure. Is this music in any way brave or forward thinking? No not even remotely.

There's just something disingenuous about Beyonce choosing to speak on the issues facing the common brown man/woman at this time (especially when she has a team of writers crafting the music for her). The same goes to a lesser extent for her sister. I wonder if they would've made these albums five years ago knowing that it's not cool to do that. I wonder if they would've made these albums before Kendrick.

With Kendrick, it's more believable. First off, he was the first recent artist at that level of the industry to do something like that. Second, like half of his close friends are still on the block, dead, or in jail.

With Beyonce, I've noticed that if you criticize her, women will literally take that as you being anti-feminist. That's an amazing position to be in, and I hope her sister isn't trying to drift into the same position.
>>
>>68358684

No, its for black women only like Beyonce
>>
It's so boring. Such a dull lifeless bland pile of crap. Every song sounds the same to me.

I miss Lauryn Hill.
>>
>>68360163

Did you listen to the album tho? cuz that's not Beyonce lmao

>>68358684

yah, hopefully you aren't feeling a rift when you listen FUBU, enjoy it OP
>>
>>68358684

you are not allowed to enjoy anything in life if you are a FUCKING WHITE STRAIGHT MALE
>>
>>68361561

I did. I like it a lot more than beyonce but i feel like it's claiming to be this bold statement on shit that it just isnt. It's very middle of the road as far as RnB in 2016.
>>
>>68360163

Beyonce is a beautiful black woman all about black pride. That's why she bleached her skin. YASSS QUEEEN SLAY
>>
I'm black and didn't like it. disappointed with her and blood oranges recently releases. seems they are just abusing we BLACK AND EDUCATED
>>
>>68358684
You can only enjoy it if you're a black, wheelchair-bound, atheistic, transwoman.
>>
>>68361581
cringe
>>
>>68360075
This desu
Also vote Hillary unless you're a misogynistic racist
>>
>>68361581
gay
>>
>>68361867
>voting hilary

thanks for CTR
>>
it's easy listening. i'm surprised any black people like it.
>>
It seems like "black power" stuff like Lauryn Hill, Digable Planets, and dead prez do really well among middle class left wing white people who praise their "authenticity", and are completely ignored in actual black communities, who tend to prefer music more mainstream music that addresses the realities of daily life, like Jay-Z. These groups always seem to get really butthurt about the fact that they often do better among white audiences than black ones, and they actively promote the black audience that they do have, which is well-educated upper middle class blacks from majority-white communities. They feel at home with these "whitewashed" blacks, who they probably are themselves, and I doubt they can connect with working class black folks even on a personal level.
>>
>>68362154
lol dean blunt said this in the Wire
>>
You don't have permission. This album isn't for YOU bigot. It's for Beautiful Black Bodies who are being Oppressed every day by the White Devil.
>>
She's saying things that have been said thousands of times before in a way that has been done before and better by countless other artists. She brings nothing new to the table so she hasn't earned a seat at it.
>>
>>68362192
Never watched The Wire, but if you by chance have the clip, I'd be very interested in seeing it.
>>
>>68362238
The music mag, not the TV show ya dingus
>>
>>68362154
Isn't Jay-Z mafioso rap? Unless 100% of his fans are crack dealers.
>>
>>68360468
fuck lauryn, where my bitch Missy @?
>>
The only people who I've seen talk about this album or Solange has been white people.
>>
>>68362365
It's not that his fans have to live the same lifestyle he talks about. The point is, I suspect people have an easier time connecting to songs about real world experiences, as opposed to songs that are focused on ideology.
>>
>>68362431
I think the most important thing is that regular people listen to music for fun, not to be proselytized at. That's why they love dance songs like the Dougie and Stanky Legg.
>>
this album will be forgotten in a month

i didnt even know who the fuck solange was until the le racist lime thing
>>
>>68359962
>It's just generic pop with a political message.
Literally, objectively, unarguably, the worst kind of music.
>>
I see you guys have fallen for corporate faux-art garbage again

well done
>>
I liked it. It's fun neo soul. I enjoyed it more than Frank Ocean's stuff this year.
>>
>>68361581
the worst tripfag dishes out stale memes again.

seriously just leave
>>
>>68360163
>With Beyonce, I've noticed that if you criticize her, women will literally take that as you being anti-feminist
I'm a woman and this attitude triggers the fuck out of me.
They even do this with fictional woman written by men like Skyler from Breaking Bad missing the fact that if anything critiquing them is more critiquing the male writers. (Plus, in that particular case I think Skyler was meant to be an annoying bitch a lot of the time).
>>
>>68358684
Does it explain why she attacked Jay-Z in the elevator?
>>
>>68362881
something something internalized misogyny something something patriarchy
>>
>>68362668
Well not the absolute worst kind. There are a lot of awful unknown music but it definitely is the worst kind of music that is somewhat popular.
>>
>>68362905
he tried to touch her hair
>>
>>68362881
Once I was having lunch with some girls I was in the Peace Corps with, and one of them mentioned she didn't like Alicia Keys at all, but loved Beyonce. The other girls seemed to approve of this, but I said I felt the opposite - I thought Alicia Keys was extremely talented, and I couldn't stand Beyonce. The girl I was disagreeing with didn't seem to mind this at all, but the other girls actually seemed angry with me for an entire week.

Of course, this was before Lemonade came out, which I think is a fantastic record. So now I can say "I couldn't fucking stand anything Beyonce did before, but I love Lemonade, it's an amazing album!" I wonder how people will react.
>>
"Wah 1st world problems but wait I am black" The album

Don't listen to it, its shit
>>
>>68363464
they will think you're a stupid fag for liking the same old thing but with more insincere posturing and hipster credit.
>>
>>68363133
I'd prefer listening to someone earnestly and incompetently struggle through something personal than some pandering, reddit-tier meme shit.
>>
>>68363553
But it's not the same thing at all. The old stuff is this really unbearable, repetitive dance music. This album is basically a throwback to 60s and 70s soul music, which is much more appealing. It's genuinely strange you label it "insincere" since this is the most autobiographical thing Beyonce's ever done, and it seems like you're projecting with your "hipster cred" comment since your criticisms are so off-base that it's obvious you're just rejecting it outright to maintain your own hipster sense of superiority. It's fine to not like this album, but at least actually listen to it and come up with criticisms that actually apply to it.
>>
>>68363647
I honestly agree desu
>>
>>68363464
Beyoncé has enjoyed the support of feminism since 2008 when Put A Ring On It was released. You're still disregarding 7 years.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.