[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw. Protip: You can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: siamese dream.jpg (48KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
siamese dream.jpg
48KB, 628x628px
Find a flaw.

Protip: You can't.
>>
I was going to make pumpkin bread but those little cunts smashed the thing before I could use it
>>
File: 5324572.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5324572.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
It's not this.
>>
>>68355370
less punk gish and a poor snapshot of a precursor to the double disc. boom u got roasted by christgau
>>
>>68355370
I'll never hear Mayonaise or Hummer for the first time again.
>>
>>68355370
>there are people on this board who unironically think Siamese Meme by the Redpilled Pumpkins is a good album

Holy fuck when will this meme die
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XkGsdxDAg

you bastard, I still love you. Please stop the non sense. For both our sake. Or not, I know what you're up to. Good game, m8 but I was playing checkers all along.
>>
File: superthumb.gif (39KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.gif
39KB, 300x250px
>>68356368
W-was this meant for me?
>>
>>68356436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWM_1hBu_c
>>
>>68356357
Tell us what you think is wrong.
>>
Silverfuck goes on for about 3 minutes too long, and the second half is obviously inferior to the first half. Sweet sweet could just be removed from the album and it wouldn't be better or worse.
>>
>>68356467
To cover up the pain
>>
File: 5e6.png (51KB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
5e6.png
51KB, 200x174px
>>68356357
>unironically
>Meme
>Redpilled
>meme
>>
It's a rock album. How good could it be?
>>
>>68356620
Yeah, Silverfuck does drag on a little bit too long. And while you're probably right about Sweet Sweet, it's such an adorable little interlude that I don't see how you'd ever want to get rid of it.
>>
>>68356592
This album has possibly the worst, cringiest lyrics I have ever heard in any music, ever. Almost every song makes me cringe at least once

>Today is the greatest day I've ever known
>Life's a bummer, when you're a hummer
>Hipsters unite
>Disarm you with a smile

Middle school tier throughout the entire album. The music is usually "alright" with mayonnaise being the only song I would call good. However Disarm is one of my most hated songs of all time. The forced string section combines with the worst lyrics on the album and brings the whole thing to 13 year old moshing alone in their room listening to Linkin Park levels of angst.
>>
Quiet and Geek U.S.A were the best songs on the alvum tbhh.
>>
>>68356780
If lyrics as basic as those bother you I can't understand how you listen to song lyrics at all without getting triggered. There's nothing even particularly edgy or unusual about them.

Also, Disarm is about his parents, so the angst actually makes sense there. I personally think it's a beautifully written/delivered song, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>68355370
I can't
>>
put your hands on me in your skin tight jeans cos its a teenage dream of an album
>>
>>68355370

Seriously, is there a genre of music, other than vaporwave, that was more dead on arrival than 90s alternative rock? 99% of the rock bands that were popular in the 90s made such whiny buttrock shit like Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam. How do people actually listen to this shit and think "this is good"? How could someone possibly have such shit taste that they enjoy 90s alternative rock?
>>
>>68356872
Honestly this is the only album I've ever listened too where the lyrics were so bad I could barely keep listening

And what Disarm is about does not change my opinion on it at all. It makes my skin crawl with how forced it sounds.

And I love Deafheaven and lots of emo (Wrens, American Football), so I'm not against having emotions displayed prominently in music. The way this album is done however is just whiny, not in a fun AJJ kind of way but more of childish way. Some of the instrumentals and melodies, especially the guitars I think actually sound good but the lyrics literally ruin the album for me. There is no nuance to them. Just blunt, forced angst. Like I said, it all reads like the angsty poetry of a Middle Schooler who really hates his step dad, wears Monster energy shirts and wonders why no girls will come close to his socialy inept ass.
>>
>>68356977
I think you're missing the fact that this album came out at the height of the grunge movement during the angst-fueled early 90s; it was meant primarily for emotionally drained, apathetic, self-hating teenagers. It seems as though you've never been in those shoes, which I guess explains why you can't relate. But for those of us who have, there's just something remarkably beautiful about Corgan's whiny voice bellowing out lines like "When I can, I will" under a warm, thick layer of guitar fuzz.

Also, I'd hardly call the angst "forced". He wrote the lyrics for Today while he was feeling legitimately suicidal.
>>
File: 1446785760157.jpg (970KB, 3000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
1446785760157.jpg
970KB, 3000x1989px
>>68356906
>Alice in Chains
>Smashing Pumpkins
>Pearl Jam
>bad

Um, try again sweetie. Alternative rock is no more of a "genre" than AOR. It was a term invented by radio disc jockeys and fashion mags. Same as grunge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3YV8M9ew28
Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-30i1f5e0
Shoegaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDWiIYNwkPo
Punk
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.