[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Avey900[1].jpg (533KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Avey900[1].jpg
533KB, 900x900px
holy shit
>>
>>68350760
that's a really cool album cover.
>>
is it that good? still haven't gotten around to listening to it
>>
>>68352055
its too good for what it is
>>
>>68352055
It really grew on me. It was a 6/10 on my first listen though.
>>
>>68352055
it's really good. it has an amazing atmosphere, good pop songwriting and some of avey's most emotional lyrics.

for better or worse down there was the root of the sort of claustrophobic production and over processed vocals that appear on chz, but it's actually done with much more nuance on down there and the vocal effects really aid the songs
>>
>>68350760
>shit
fix'd
>>
>>68352089
>>68352228
>>68352285
so it is, what albums could be compared to this one?
>>
>>68352354
It reminds me of a darker, swampier version of Strawberry Jam. Very underrated record in my opinion; first three songs are absolutely God-tier
>>
>mfw I realize it says Down There on the cover
>>
>>68352354
if yr an anco fanboy its a must listen

down there is imo the single most "avey" lp that exists

very much like how person pitch is a perfect summation of what pandy brings to the table

it shows off avey's love of horror, weird electronic textures, disjointed but poppy song structures all more clearly than any anco release

not surprising given that its a solo release rather than a collaborative effort

so to answer your question, its like a concentrated version of the most avey-heavy anco material

think strawberry jam, water curses, centipede hz
>>
>>68353021
to piggyback on myself, the emotional context of the album is pretty compelling

avey was going through a divorce, the death of a family member, and his sister's illness

it's got such an earnest and gripping emotional character

also the lyrics are some of his best
>>
regardless of everything else

Laughing Heiroglyphic are probably my favorite lyrics in any song, ever

"If we could have just engaged I'd have increased my weakness in comforting others"

"When I get fucked up I do the best to/Make myself NOT FUCKED UP AGAIN"
>>
The best October album ever
>>
>>68352285
3 umbrellas still makes me tear up
>>
>>68352055
Listen to it if you are really sad.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.