[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yoko appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Yoko_Ono.jpg (15KB, 241x320px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko_Ono.jpg
15KB, 241x320px
why do people hate her? is it because their dads tell them to?

she's always seemed pretty chill to me. and her music, whether you like it or not, is very interesting. though yoko ono / plastic ono band is genuinely good, and so is fly.

it's a shame, really. will she ever shake the bad rep?
>>
>>68349295
isn't she perceived as being something like a heathen to the beatles, blamed for the breakdown of the group?
>>
>>68349353
It's not her fault really. John was just so pussywhipped that he involved her with everything he did, including the beatles.
>>
>>68349295
Well she brought avant-garde to the biggest pop group of all time, are you surprised people hate her?
>>
>>68349295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4
>>
>>68349464
Yeah I really hate how people associate her with the Beatles breakup, as if John had nothing to do with it.

She did help bring a unique angle to a, frankly, run of the mill pop rock band. Like, barely anybody likes Revolution 9 but everybody remembers it as the weirdest song on the white album. It helped bring musique concrete to a crowd of people who would've never heard about it otherwise.
>>
>>68349295
cuz we're taught to hate women while growing up and she was the perfect scapegoat for everything. just look at courtney love
>>
File: Yoko+Ono+Season+Of+Glass+539933.jpg (34KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko+Ono+Season+Of+Glass+539933.jpg
34KB, 500x457px
Seasons of Glass is awesome.

If people gave it a chance, i'll bet a big number of Yoko-bashers would change their opinion
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68

lol
>>
It's just because people don't care to do any research. Some misinformed individual will tell someone that Yoko broke up the Beatles and that her music is just "screeching and wailing". So they form a bad opinion of her because their to lazy to look into anything for them selves. So no, I don't think she will shake the bad rap she's been given unfortunately.
>>
>>68350685
i'm excited for the reissue of this
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.