[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hendrix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: jimmy-hendrix.jpg (36KB, 406x473px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-hendrix.jpg
36KB, 406x473px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noxRHxY9R2w

Id like to share this with you. Simple as fuck blues music with brilliant guitar playing. I have not heard any man in the world beat hendrix in this kind of playing. Hendrix truely is the best guitarist, all the hype is a bit cancerous because people expect the "best guitarist" to be a technical god, but thats really not what is about.

Nobody with real music feelings can deny hendrix's GOATness

Yes he is out of tune but thats not an issue with this man
>>
I doubt you're going to get many replies
i'm pretty sure everyone here has listened to everything he made a hundred times over.
there isn't much else that can be said about him.
my favourite album is Axis
>>
>>68348387
>>68348024
Would the logical progression of Hendrix would be Jazz? If he were still alive that is
>>
>>68348472
Considering his stuff from Electric Ladyland like Rainy Day
>>
>>68348472
I think it would have gone more in a prog and studio effects direction, musically wise, yeah id say jazzy, mitch has a cool swing
>>
>>68348566
also more studio musicians working with him,
ensemble work like vai does a lot of now
he might of become a producer in his twilight years
>>
>>68348024
If you haven't heard The Jimi Hendrix Experience box set or the West Coast Seattle Boy, you need to

Bold As Love at Olympic Studios and Hear My Freedom are some of his best songs imo

https://vimeo .com/136763024

Spotify has both albums though, I recommend a listen if you want more Hendrix past popular shit like Red House and Purple Haze. Can't find Hear My Freedom anywhere online other than Spotify sadly, probably because it's just a jam he did at a festival. But holy shit it sounds better than most of his studio shit and you can tell where his musical direction was headed before he died
>>
>>68348566
prog or classical id say, his later stuff seems to be more and more complex and struggling to stay in the blues format. I bet he would have loved Jetrho Tull if he lived a few more years.
>>
>>68348024
Electric Ladyland > Axis:Bold As Love > Are You Experienced

All are GOAT, so w/e
>>
my favourite track is drifting

I would post a link but the jews have removed all his stuff from youtube.

driftiiiiiiiiiing in a sea of forgotten teardrops, on a lifeboat

shit is just so comfy
>>
>>68348821
that 15 minute voodoo chile on electric ladyland really is something
>>
>>68348884
Drifting... whats this from
>>
>>68348024
Otis Rush was just as good if not better

He got noises out of his guitar in the 50s that were way ahead of his time
>>
>>68348932
the organ makes it
>>68348978
I have it on New Rising Sun
pretty sure its on another though
>>
>>68349060
Someones gotta share more Hendrix in the archive, bc I can't use Soulseek on mobile to download music.

Hopefully
>>
>>68348932
I prefer the reprise, it's fucking electric
>>
>>68348884
Fuck the Hendrix estate the their copyright shit

And they still won't release his shit he recorded before he died
>>
>>68348978
new rising sun

upload.ee

files/6235897/02-Drifting.mp3.html

4chan thinks its spam so probably have to type some shit here
>>
>>68349060
yes he should have made more music with an organ. 3 man standard rock band is nice but if theres an organ its always better.
>>
>>68348472
Yeah, he was actually planning on doing an album with Miles Davis before his death. He and Davis used to jam at an apartment in New York.
>>
>>68349060
voodoo chile slight return is literally 10/10
I have not heard a track that comes close to that one ever in my life.

WHEN IM STANDING NEXT TO MOUNTAIN, I CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND.
>>
>>68349340
do you know the story about betty davis and him?
miles wife introduced the two, had an affair with jimi, got miles into effects etc. then he made on the corner
this is one of her songs, its ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWPynScqgw
>>
>>68349488
thats quite aggressive

sounds good though
>>
File: Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys.jpg (341KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys.jpg
341KB, 1000x1000px
Is there more Hendrix with someone else on vocals like on Who Knows?
>>
>>68349583
I may be wrong, but I am sure there is an album with Hendrix on bass and Jim Morrison on vocals

And theres Timothy Leary on Vocals with Hendrix on bass

Not really black church sounding like in Band of Gypsys
>>
>>68349583
them changes

generally quite a bit of the band of gypsies album
>>
>>68349633
that sounds awesome, never heard of that
>>68349583
you could check out his session shit when he was in little Richards band
its not fantastic though
>>
>>68349689
You can be anyone this time around. Thats the Timothy Leary album, idk about the other
>>
>>68349340
Wow, that sounds great. Have any recordings of the jams surfaced?
>>
>>68349666
>writing a mediocre song like "them changes"
>jimi hendrix plays guitar

that must feel so good
>>
Any of you niggas listening to Power to Love? Its on the Band of Gypsies album

that bassline is just brilliant, and the guitar of course. Very black music, and I like this so im not racist. Bless
>>
>>68349839
Yeah man, it's dope. Really good on a long drive.
>>
>>68349864
Flyin' too much today
It's so groovy to float around sometimes
Even a jellyfish will agree to that
>>
>>68349340
Hendrix wanted McCartney in on it too.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jimi-hendrix-sought-paul-mccartney-for-supergroup-with-miles-davis-20130510
Though desu, I don't think McCartney would've fit in with Davis.
>>
you guys know "hear my train a coming"?

to me thats his best song, the live versions are just brilliant
>>
>>68348024
>truly the best guitarist
Hahaha
No.
He was creative and interesting, but his actual playing and technique was sloppy.
>>
>>68350276
>I can't read for shit!
>>
someone up new rising sun and other non experience albums
>>
>>68350340
There weren't any qualifiers attached to that statement beyond an opinion where he said that technique didn't matter(it does).
In his first sentence he said he was the best guitarist(to the OP) within the genre, then he contradicted himself by saying he was the greatest ever immediately after.

Hendrix isn't the GOAT.
I'm not certain there is one, but if there was one it would be Mauro Giuliani or his ilk. Better guitarists(objectively from technique standpoint) and better composers(certainly more historically significant)
>>
>>68350618
if you judge like that some metal dude is the best guitarist, and saying his technique is bad is just wrong
>>
>tfw he died from fucking sleep pills
>>
>>68350618
>hendrix technique was not good

get the fuck out
>>
>>68350276
>>68350618
yes. all the classic electric guitar blues players were known for their clean technique and precision
>>
>>68350818
>metal dude
No, they only play monophony quickly.
Polyphony is what the guitar is truly gifted at, but is much more difficult to do.
Classical takes more time to develop the technique, it's more sublte, and less monotonous.
>>
>>68348024
why the fuck do all tabs and lessons on this song forget to mention that there are two versions of the intro? I've transcribed it multiple times, and have never found any other transcriptions that do it right

>>68351204
>tfw only emulate polyphony with broken chords cuz I don't know how to do it
>>
>>68351437
probably because he's known for always playing his songs in different ways
>>
File: TGgZtuC.jpg (80KB, 785x541px) Image search: [Google]
TGgZtuC.jpg
80KB, 785x541px
>>68348024
>any man in the world beat hendrix in this kind of playi
Peter Green
Keith Richards
Pete Townsend
Jimmy Page
Carlos Santana
Henry
Alan
>>
>>68351437
It's okay m8.
Basically just look up how to voice lead, hugely helpful in classical and jazz.
>>
>>68348024
youve never heard them """"beat"""" hendrix because music is not a fucking competition you retard. you don't win music and if you think this way you are cancer to music. Plus this is a typical fucking blues. any competent guitarist can do hendrix better than hendrix in this day and age cause we have access to his stuff like no other previous generation. he's an influence like no other but to have the balls to say greatest if all time, as if there is a definite ranking...like just fuck off.

>>68351437
ebcause tabs and tutorial makers are fucking retarded. everyone knows if you want to do it right you use your fucking ear, otherwise you're a one trick pony non-musician """"guitarist""""
>>
who else hype for Black Gold? should be rleased by 2020, according to Janie Hendrix
>>
>>68350203
Yeah, especially the Rainbow Bridge take
>>
>>68350960
I think he had more musical knowledge than he's ever given credit for
>>
i fucking guarantee if someone were to post a clyp of this exact improv (and nobody had heard it before) in /gg/ everyone would say shit like "work on your phrasing" or "boring pentatonic shit"

point being that hendrix is retrospectively overrated and is just a pretty good blues guitarist

that said, he was pretty revolutionary effects and studio-wise, and he definitely influenced a ton of musicians. but as a guitarist he wasn't even close to one of the best. i can name so many guitarists with better feel and phrasing
>>
She's So Fine is the best Who parody hands down.
>>
>>68354552
And at the time, they all wanted to suck his dick.
>>
guitar music is shit
>>
>>68348472
Back at The House from Live at Woodstock is his interpretation of Dave Brubeck's Blue Rondo Ala Turk. Don't believe me? Listen to the two back to back.

>>68349633 (Nice dubs)
There was an album called High Live and Dirty which got pulled but then re-issued under the title Woke Up This Morning and Found Myself Dead where Jim Morrison is singing with Jimi playing guitar. Depending on which album you have the song falls under the title Fuck Her in The Ass or Morrison's Lament. This was allegedly recorded in a night club in New York in 1966 before either of them became famous. It's really not that great though I warn you.
>>
>>68354657
what?
>>
>>68354713
Ok dad
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>68354755
I just did.
Hendrix did a simple monophonic line that had some (very) vague similarities.
Largely the rhythm was the same, but the tonality(Hendrix riff was minor, as opposed to major) and the amount of notes played was no where near close since Hendrix wasn't overly concerned with voice-leading and polyphony.

I have an arrangement for Blue Rondo by Doug Niedt pictured here for reference to how the song should sound if played on one guitar.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.