[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Lennon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 65a.jpg (54KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
65a.jpg
54KB, 600x837px
Since it's his birthday.

What's his best solo album?
>>
>>68346797
Life With the Lions

Lennon is an unrecognized early innovator of noise rock
>>
>>68346797
Plastic Ono band
>>
>>68346797
im inclined to say plastic ono band but I've been listening to Imagine and it's also really good. Also, not an album but his collection of bootlegs and demo tapes are far superior to his official material.
>>
>>68346891
lol
>>
>>68346918
?
>>
>>68346986
>his collection of bootlegs and demo tapes are far superior to his official material
>>
>>68347054
well they are. They're so much more personal and raw. John had good ideas but couldn't translate them into the studio as well as they should have been. He had an ear for melodies but not for arrangement, he was a good lyricist but not a good singer and often hid behind layers of overproduction.

He works well as a singer song writer and spent most of his career emulating bob dylan. He could have been a better Nick Drake but he chose to be a b class bob dylan.
>>
The only good thing solo he's done is get shot. He went downhill in the worst way after the Beatles
>>
Imagine, Double Fantasy, and Plastic Ono Band
>>
>>68347233
>not liking "How?"
>>
>>68347233
Yoko ruined him, though Give Peace a chance is p cool because it's basically him rapping
>>
>>68347296
>yoko
>ruined him
>was the inspiration for his best love songs
k
>>
>>68347373
Don't get me wrong, She's so heavy is my favorite song on Abbey road but arguing that she wasn't his musical downfall is retarded
>>
>>68346797
goodnight vienna
>>
>plebs think that Yoko Ono was bad
This is what you expect Beatles fans to into avant-garde
>>
>>68346851
my man
>>
>>68347233
>being too much of a pleb to get his avant-garde albums
>being too much of a Beatles fanboy to into his more conventional rock
People like you are cancerous to music, you love to pigeonhole artists in one style and expect them to never do anything different

>John Lennon at his best despised cheap sentiment and had to learn the hard way that once you've made your mark on history those who can't will be so grateful they'll turn it into a cage for you. Those who choose to falsify their memories -- to pine for a neverland 1960s that never really happened that way in the first place -- insult the retroactive Eden they enshrine." -- Lester Bangs
>>
They see me rollin, they hatin
Patrolling they trying to catch me absoluting madman
Absoluting madman
Absoluting madman
Catching me absoluting madman
>>
>>68347563
If you think anything Lennon did was Avant-garde you need to actually put a bullet through your head.
>>
>>68347595
Listen to the Unfinished Music records
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (751KB, 1864x1744px) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
751KB, 1864x1744px
>>68347595
>>
>>68347429
Oh Yoko, Happiness is a warm gun, God, Jealous Guy, Real Love, Love, Hold on,

she was definitely a good force for his creativity early on. I will concede that Double Fantasy was pretty ass though.
>>
>>68347595
*unsheathes*
>>
>nobody posting Walking on Thin Ice
Lennon was holding a copy of this when he was shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzV7FiuDYKo
>>
File: IMG_5059.png (107KB, 318x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5059.png
107KB, 318x254px
>>68346797
YOU STOLE MY THREAD!
>>
>>68347665
yeah
>>
>>68347164
>not a good singer
Nigga pls
>>
Its my birthday too. (well yesterday because im in upside down land)
>>
>>68346851
>>
>>68348499

Happy birthday anon.
>>
>>68348475
okay thats debatable but the point is John didn't think he was a good singer so he layered his voice with over production
>>
>>68347233
>Not knowing "Gimme some thruth" was aeons better than anything on Abbey Road
>>
>>68347665
> I will concede that Double Fantasy was pretty ass though
He gotten a bit rusty after 5 years. But can you imagine what the next album could have been had he the chance of polishing Grow old with me and Real love?

>>68347695
This
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.