[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be a 10/10 without rap parts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: wildflower.jpg (120KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.jpg
120KB, 620x620px
Would it be a 10/10 without rap parts?
>>
Frankie Sinatra is still fucking electro-swing, so no.
>>
>>68341270
Nah, but it might have been good.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
>>
>>68341270

The Noisy Eater is great fuck you
>>
>>68341270
it wouldnt
but it already is 10/10 with them
>>
>>68341270
The wozard of iz is the only redeeming factor about this album so no
>>
haha fuck rap am i right hahaha i listen to eerything except raop and country hahahahah elelelellelele epigggg xDDDDD fuggg cDDDd im white xDDDDDDD
>>
I might have listened to it.
>>
>>68341291
this
>>68341775
if you don't have the instrumental only of wizord and you actually like frankie off yourself

AVALANCHES WILL NEVER TOP SILY
>>
>the meme where we pretend to hate frankie sinatra
>>
>rap
>more like pleb fliters

good job retards
>>
>>68342114
That is subjective.

Personally, Wildflower blows away SILY. The textures, technicality, production, risks and emotional overtones just overshadow SILY soooo much, I don't understand how people don't see it. Wildflower is my AOTD and reminds me quite a bit of a Plunderphonics "Abbey Road/Smile", which is just a dream come true for me as a music listener, The Avalanches create a perfect dream world with Wildflower pulling influences from everything from Neo-Psychedelia to Hip-Hop to Alt. Dance and they pull it off by through the genre of Plunderphonics (something that has never been done before)...and I also don't find the Rap verses cringey at all, I think they are fun and add a lot of charactor and vibrancy to the experience.

I would like to see somebody disagree with these sentiments
>>
>>68342294
that's a whole lot of conjecture dude
throw some theory at your explanation and then I'll listen
>>
>>68342333
What, Do you really want me to review the album?? LMAO, I can give examples of moments that they pull off these concepts, but Wildflower is an incredibly cohesive emotional experience, and is actually better listened with the heart than with the mind, if that makes sense to you

I really hope you're own pride doesn't get in the way of you returning to this album. I would "consider" myself pretty Patrish, and this is an absolute treat
>>
>>68341270
no
>>
File: Thefedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thefedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>>68342190
>pretend
>>
>>68341270
Rating the songs that had hip-hop:

Because I'm Me: 10/10
Frankie Sinatra: 9/10
The Noisy Eater: 10/10
Live A Lifetime Love: 10/10
The Wozard of Iz: 10/10

If anything, it helped the album
>>
It will be 7/10 no matter what you try to improve.
>>
>>68342907
Hi Fantano
>>
>>68341270
DOOM was the only good feature on that. I love Danny but his parts were awful
>>
>>68343248
I forgot to mention Because I'm Me, such a solid track
>>
Frankie Sinatra didn't fit with the tone of the album
>>
>>68343457
agreed
>>
>>68343248
Taking Atrocity Exhibition into account, I think Danny considered his feature his lowest priority.
>>
File: 1474680878773.jpg (183KB, 773x786px) Image search: [Google]
1474680878773.jpg
183KB, 773x786px
no but this would
>>
>>68343496
A pretty good decision then
>>
>>68342333
I agree with this guy.
>>68342294

They use something as simple at low/highpass filtering to such a degree of proficiency. I really can't think of an album that flows as well as this. The attention to detail and mood is just unheard of.

And the concept is a lot stronger on this than SILY. SILY just sounded like i guess a party on a cruise to the afterlife. This sounds like a hippy adventure through a bustling city, and the transitions really help that concept get realized.
>>
>>68343581
I'm>>68342462

I'm just so happy that there are still people that view Wildflower that same way I do.
And It is a Hippie adventure!! One that makes you dance, cry, love, and laugh. It's the album I most identify with the nature of human emotion, which is the type of feat you are either gonna "understand" or think is pretentious.

I agree with you're sentiments on SILY as well
>>
>>68342869
the first 3 are 10/10 but the other two fall off hard
>>
I'm hungry, I want something to eat
Something with a crunch and very sweet
>>
>>68343779
>Not liking Live A Lifetime of Love

dude, listen again. that song is sooooo beautiful while also being crazy as fuck

I kinda understand the Wozard h8 though, still love it
>>
>>68341270
yes

also rearrange the track order
>>
>>68341270
what are ramparts
>>
>>68342294
100% agreed senpai
>>
>>68341291
There aren't any swing samples in it so it's not electro swing.
>>
>>68345462
there's no actual swing samples in 50%+ of actual electro swing. It's based on old timey samples in a general sense.

please tell me you're not this blatantly retarded as to think it's not something it clearly is
>>
>>68345518
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_swing
>Electro swing is a musical genre combining the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM.
Frankie Sinatra uses a calypso sample and sounds more like Polka than swing. There is nothing swing about it.
>actual electro swing
If it doesn't have swing samples, it's not "actual" electro swing.
>>
Literally what is the point of The Leaves Were Falling? Why not include it in Because Im Me?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.