[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this for the first time. Why did no one tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Strangeways.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Strangeways.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Just listened to this for the first time.
Why did no one tell me it was the best Smiths album?
>>
>>68340079
Because it isn't. "The Queen Is Dead" is. Faggot.
>>
File: well-memed.jpg (56KB, 522x604px) Image search: [Google]
well-memed.jpg
56KB, 522x604px
>>68340090
>>
my least fav
>>
>>68340079
Are you literally 15 years old
>>
The Queen is Dead is better
Hatful is also, if you count that
>>
>>68340079
yeah Death at One's Elbow is really their masterpiece what a song
>>
File: 1475902170803.jpg (41KB, 459x230px) Image search: [Google]
1475902170803.jpg
41KB, 459x230px
>>68340079
I personally consider SHWC their worst album, but still like it. If you're enjoying it you should listen to Morrisseys solo albums, they have the same vibes as this one
>>
Because you're supposed to find that out by yourself.
>>
Tfw I can only truly appreciate their debut
>>
>>68340137
Nah, just put off this one for a long time because i heard it was supposed to be their worst, and I'm surprised at how good it is.
Though thinking about it, its been a long time since I've listened to the Smiths in general, maybe I've just forgotten how good they were.

>>68340286
Huh, thanks for the rec. I haven't considered listening to Morrisey's solo albums because of how much of a twat he is. I suppose I was worried without Marr's influence it would be more evident in the music.
>>
>>68340286
That bee messed up big time
>>
because it's not
>>
>>68340079
OP don't listen to these clowns. Album-wise, they were on a steady upward trajectory, and Strangeways really is their best. Singles-wise, they were uniformly great tho.
>>
Yeah and they finally culminated with their two hidden masterpieces, the angelic "I Keep Mine Hidden" and the brilliant imagination of "Work is a Four Letter Word"
>>
>>68340779
meme away pal, but i think i keep mine hidden is a beautiful song
>>
>>68340090

Hello /r/indieheads
>>
>>68340079

It drops off after Last Night I Dreamt, everything after sounds like Morrissey's solo work. Their best album is Meat is Murder imo.
>>
"I Won't Share You" possibly their most beautiful song
>>
I don't know if it is the best one. But I love the production on it. Miles ahead of their previous albums.
>>
>>68341658
fucking this
>>
>>68341734
I know what you mean. I think Morrissey's voice sounds great on this one too.
>>
>>68341249
Morrissey does his best I guess but the instrumentation truly sounds like they didn't give a fuck anymore
>>
Meat Is Murder > Queen Is Dead > S/T > Strangeways
>>
>>68340079
because it is actually the worst smiths album that only contrarian faggots like you will claim is the best
>>
couple of years ago i downloaded the entire smiths discog and really could not see what all the hype was about until i heard strangeways

still my fav
>>
>>68340079
Girlfriend in a coma is the only song I like on this album desu (discovered the smiths with this song)
>>
>>68345497
Queen is Dead did nothing for you?
>>
real heads:

queen is dead > meat is murder > smiths / strangeways
>>
Best and Worst songs from Strangeways?
>>
>>68346717
Paint a Vulgar is one of my favorite Smiths songs, but Strangeways is more poppy for them. It's not bad, but probably their weakest.
>>
Paint a Vulgar Picture is fucking incredible. Strangeways is definitely my favorite
>>
>>68346717
Best: Paint a Vulgar Picture

Worst: Death at One's Elbow (I like it but it's the only non-essential song on the album)
>>
>>68347270
>>68347539
Paint a Vulgar picture of one of my least favourites on that album
>>
>>68347735
I stand by my belief that the guitar part is the finest thing Johnny Marr has ever done
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.