[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Skrillex the Quentin Tarantino of music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: skrillex-52797c8f6841d.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
skrillex-52797c8f6841d.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>
>>68335448
What does that even mean?
>>
>>68335448
wat?
>>
>>68335448
English, please?
>>
No, but Quentin Tarantino is the Skrillex of film.
>>
>>68335678
DROP THE FOOT
>>
is an apple an orange of apple?
>>
no. skrillex is the hunter hunt-hendrix of dance music
>>
>>68335448
close desu
>>
>>68335448
No, Quentin actually has some talent.
>>
I'd say Radiohead are the Quentino Tarantino.

They both have something going for them, but are the most reddit things to ever go near their respective arts.
>>
>>68335448
No, Skrillex actually has some talent.
>>
>>68335448
I don't like his music but he seems like a chill person irl. He is pretty humble in interviews and stuff and kind of a nerd
I am a big Tarantino nerd and I say that it is sort of the opposite. I love his content but he comes off as an asshole at times. He is equal amounts nerd as skrillex but just with movies.
>>
>>68338437
there are two kinds of people who enjoy tarantino movies
those who don't know what source material he's copying (referencing), and those who know every single reference and sit there making a mental checklist so they can brag about their movie knowledge later
>>
>>68338466
I am kind of the middleground. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2 are some of my big on giving homage to shit that they like (whether skrillex is a different question) but overall they are probably chill people to talk to
>>
>>68338080
Tarantino is too pleb to be readiohead. Radiohead have actually experimented, while Tarantino just plays it safe to maintain his audience. Also his films have been down hill for the last few years whereas Radioheads new album's just as good as their old stuff.

Tarantio is the Eminem of film. Decent teenager core.

Resevoir Dogs - Slim Shady LP
>not entirely original but still great and will be known as a classic

Pulp Fiction - Marshal Mather's LP
>the artists masterpiece.

Jackie Brown - The Eminem Show
>their most mature work

Kill Bills - Encore
>generic trash.

Inglorious Bastards - Relapse
>pretty good, but no where near as good at the artists earlier work

Django Unchaned - Recovery
>fucking trash

Hateful 8 - Marshal Mather's LP 2
>trash
>>
What does that even supposed to mean?
And no, Tarantino is actually good.
>>
>>68338573
B8
>>
>>68338573
>Radiohead
>Not pleb
oh and you forgot death proof (not that i blame you)
>>
>>68338548
i find most of his stuff a bit clunky, but i thought jackie brown was brilliant
>>
File: tips.png (39KB, 134x152px) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
39KB, 134x152px
>>68338593
>Tarantino is actually good.
>>
>>68335448
Tarantino makes films out of genre tropes and references to older, niche film movements. He's like a remixed medley of independent and niche cinema within Hollywood.

His equivalent would be someone who takes niche music from the underground circles of old and re purposes their ideas and tropes into a new package for the mainstream audience. Wu-Tang would be a middle-ground option across the two fronts. I guess maybe Avalanches or something would be sort of close.

Skrillex is more like whoever directed that Hardcore Henry disasterpiece.
>>
>>68338638
radiohead then
>>
>>68338625
If you say you dislike Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction you're lying.
>>
>>68335448
no
>>
>>68338648
Pulp fiction ain't shiet
>>
>>68338645
No, not even nearly. Radiohead were experimental, Tarantino remakes a handful of old, forgotten movies as one film. He's right in the hip-hop/turntablism ballpark.
>>
File: lifts.png (6KB, 48x52px) Image search: [Google]
lifts.png
6KB, 48x52px
>>68338648
>If you say you dislike Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction you're lying.
>>
>>68338712
Neither of those are fedora films they're mainstream movies that most people like you fucking nerd go outside
>>
>>68338648
Liking something doesn't matter, mate. What matters is what the finished work does and the ideas it leaves its audience with. Unless you're a analytically stunted dork, then you come away with those films with some idea of what they're about (which is just homaging old films and their ideas, really).

Tarantino just likes films and makes films about those films featuring those films as a new film. He's not some sort of supreme genius, but he's a good film-maker and probably a fun guy to hang out with. Reservoir Dogs could easily slot into the top 50 most important films of all time, because f the experimentation all the borrowing an remixing created.
>>
>>68338723
>implying fedoras actually watch obscure films
>>
>>68338807
I dunno, Brakhage is pretty fedora-core.
>>
>>68335448
"music"
>>
>>68338573
Hateful Eight is literally his most nuanced film since Pulp Fiction. Pleb.
>>
>>68339839
Its just a rip-off the thing, with no mystery suspense or interesting characters, meant to pander to brain-dead people who think they're "into film" because hey watched it in 70mm because that matters... for some reason.
>>
>>68339879
>meant to pander to brain-dead people who think they're "into film" because hey watched it in 70mm
You must be projecting because I doubt even 10% of the audience thought that.

The Goggins character was also pretty interesting, pleb. And learn the definition of nuanced.
>>
Are there any movies on Netflix right now that you bros reccomend
>>
Skrillex was an original, so no.
>>
>>68338573

>Pulp Fiction
>>the artists masterpiece.

>Jackie Brown
>>their most mature work

oh god, you're one of THOSE people.
>>
>>68339935
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Usual Suspects
Fantasia
>>
>>68335448
is that Corey Feldman?
>>
>>68339879
>Its just a rip-off the thing
Literally everything he's ever made is collected from weird, niche films he liked. That's his thing. It's not a 'rip-off' because literally everything made is done via influence from previous things made or experienced.
>>
>>68339839
I really don't see the appeal. The characters are extremely uninteresting and the story is one of the worst ones he's ever written.
>>
>>68338573
You spelled Inglourious Basterds right by mistake
Also, it's his best movie
>>
>>68335448
>skrillex
essentially created a new subgenre
>quentin tarantino
wrote some scripts as an excuse to look at famous actress's feet
>>
>>68341476
Reservoir Dogs had literally zero women in it
>>
>>68337515
underrated
>>
>>68341615
probably because he filmed a bunch of scenes of famous actress's feet and then kept the tapes
>>
File: file_749859_Dproof.jpg (157KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file_749859_Dproof.jpg
157KB, 848x1200px
>>68338573

you're not wrong...but you're not right

recovery I sadly grew found of once you skip the pop features and singles.

MMLP2 on the other hand is truly awful and very FORGETFUL its really Eminems DEATHPROOF
>>
>>68338573
Radiohead is pleb though. Really, what's so special about them? They excel at nothing really and pleb normies listen to them all the time.
>>
>>68338638
>His equivalent would be someone who takes niche music from the underground circles of old and re purposes their ideas and tropes into a new package for the mainstream audience.
You mean like... Grimes?
>>
>>68335448
yeah
>>
>>68342497
Nah, he makes films about films for films, she makes music about looking twee for sales.
>>
UNO
>>
I know this is a b8 thread but RZA is probably the closest thing to the music version of Tarantino
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.