[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this an amazing feat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: lady.jpg (148KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
lady.jpg
148KB, 900x900px
Was this an amazing feat?
>>
I'm not sure. Is Muse even good?
>>
>>68331583
well it's a good album if that's what you mean
>>68331633
unironically yes. also a great live band objectively.
>>
>>68331633
Absolutely, and I'm not even memeing.
>>
>>68331633
i'd argue objectively good until the 2nd Law
>>
File: lavren feet.jpg (127KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lavren feet.jpg
127KB, 1024x1024px
>>68331583
>Was this an amazing feat?
No but these are
>>
>>68331583
Yes
Muse may be babby's first hard rock but they were a solid band
>>
yeah this shit is great. don't really get how you could compare their releases after their debut to radiohead
>>
>>68331583
muse up to the resistance is decently solid, and after that there are a few standout tracks on their more recent albums (the handler, reapers, survival, animals)
>>
>>68331583
Muse by itself is an amazing feat. Last heroes of rocks
>>
this is like the most positivity i've ever seen about muse on this board
>>
>>68333955
Let's be honest, Muse is one of the best bands in the world
>>
relative to the rest of their discography yes
>>
the band is pretty good, I like Absolution and OOS a lot. Filip and Sunburn are great songs too

but some of their hooks are samey, see "Sing For Absolution" and "Falling Away With You"

There are other examples that escape me
>>
>>68331583
It's a good rock album.

I really like the art style of early-Muse records too.
>>
>>68334106
aint NOTHING that sounds like Micro Cuts, Screenager, Megalomania, or the opening riff of DarkShines tho
>>
Never been much of a muse fan, but Matt Bellamy can fucking sing
>>
Origin of Symmetry did themes of dystopia so well
>>
Black Holes and Revelations is better, and was also their last good album.
>>
>>68331583
I know Muse are not well regarded here, but I believe OOS is a masterpiece. Definitely Muse's best album, Citizen Erased is a beautiful song.
>>
>>68331959
>he doesn't like zombie song
>>
I got into/grew out of muse at 14.
>/mu/
l m a o
>>
>>68331583
>>
>>68331959
The Resistance was also shit. Also, BH&R didn't really have a album cohesion and had some cringe-y songs such as Take a Bow.
>>
Wow.. /mu/ not thrashtalking about muse
What a time to be alive
>>
yea.

freddy mercury + rammstein = muse
>>
>>68331633
They're like if someone heard 8 Radiohead signals and watched Doctor Who religiously and decided that was a sound people needed to hear.

They make conceptually stagnant pop music with layers of stylised effects to give off the impression that they're great musicians to the casual audience and they use lasers when they play live to distract from their distinct lack of stage presence. I've seen them twice, I've seen the Jonas Brothers. The Jonas Brothers were better live in every aspect besides having lasers. And that's from someone who really liked Muse. They're objectively shit conceptually, they're average in terms of listenability if you purely hear it and don't actually listen. They are to music what Firefly is to TV shows - over rated, vapid shite hidden under faux-intellectual tropes that people praise in hopes that other people will think they have excellent taste.
>>
>>68337247
gotta be a timezone thing
americucks be sleepin
>>
>>68337393
Probably this
>>
>>68337339
>They're like if someone heard 8 Radiohead signals and watched Doctor Who religiously and decided that was a sound people needed to hear.

Shit I'm gonna listen to this right now it can't be that good
>>
>>68338177
Here's an example of everything I wrote then. The video effectively exposes their entire 'aesthetics over content' deal. I dunno, they're pretty likable, they're just vapid as fuck. I actually really like this song though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqsWc8muj8
>>
>>68338177
It really is. Imagine OK computer era radiohead and Tom Morello getting together to record an album about space and sci fi shit.

Thats Origin of Symmetry. It's genuinely one of my favorite albums.
>>
>>68338177
dude they're fucking shit, sounds like someone who only listens to brostep and u2 tried to cover radiohead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiu3rvYveSg
>>
i get sick of them just playing arpeggios, and hearing the lead singer's gasping for air, but I will admit that they were pretty amazing live
>>
>>68332602
I can see the radiohead comparison for Origin of Symmetry. Its basically a heavier ok computer. I don't mean that in a bad way, I love oos, but yeah I can hear some radiohead in it.

After that album though, yeah they sound nothing like radiohead really.
>>
>>68338709
they moved on from trying to be radiohead and are instead trying to be like queen
>>
>>68338458
Their last couple of albums have straight up sucked, but early muse is actually pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lP1mQT7pM
>>
>>68338727
Fairly accurate haha.
>>
Meh, I respect them as musicians and they have a few nice tracks, but I can't fucking tolerate Matt's voice for more than 2 songs.
>>
>>68338247
i have already listened to Black Holes and Revelations a few time ago,it was fine but i didn't feel like going trough the rest of their discography then.
yeah i see your point but it sounds pretty good,doesn't it? i guess i'll listen to absolution or origin today

>>68338451
seems interesting enough,i'll check that
>>
Citizen Erased is GOAT
>>
>>68337247
Believe it or not but back in the day people here were hyped about the resistance until the Twilight thing happened and then Muse became uncool on here
>>
>>68338458
>dude, i'm telling you, they're shit, here's one of their shittiest songs off their shittiest album to prove my point
>>
>>68334291
>tfw Supremacy's lead vocal melody during verses is a copypaste of Darkshines' riff
>>
>>68338709
OOS is less radioheady tho, I feel like the debut album sounds more like them. Literally if anyone wanted to listen to the succesor of OK Computer (even though not that great), they had Showbiz to indulge themselves.
>>
I am the absolute authority on this.

Showbiz -Absolution are alright. BH&R has some songs that are worth mentioning, but garbage as an album. Everything else is trash (Resistance, 2nd law, Drones).
>>
Greatest three-piece ever. I have been a fanboy since fourth grade and nothing Pitchfork, RateYourMusic, or /mu/ can say will dissuade me.
>>
File: 1474680878773.jpg (183KB, 773x786px) Image search: [Google]
1474680878773.jpg
183KB, 773x786px
no but this was
>>
>>68331583
No, but this is
>>
>>68338727
>>68338709
>>68337339
Earless, pseudo-aesthete cunts. Disgusting.
>>
>tfw this was the better debut album than Pablo Honey
>>
>>68332148
underrated
>>
>>68343630
pretty low bar
>>
>>68337339
You sound like a faggot enough to be an actual music critic
>>
>>68337339
>caring about live performances

Their music used to be good especially around their 2nd and 3rd album, you can't deny it.
>>
File: YFYIbtL.jpg (20KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
YFYIbtL.jpg
20KB, 456x297px
>>68337339
>'objectively shit conceptually' (kek)
>judges an artist by judging other artists (kek)
>probably has not actually seen the artist live despite claim to the contrary
>has seen the jonas brothers live
>seriously thinks the latter superior to the former
>makes no specific reference to the music itself or real knowledge of the artists' intentions and methods and is instead concerned to appeal presumptuously to ill-defined, misbegotten concepts like 'stagnancy', 'stylized effects', 'impression', 'faux-intellectualism', 'conceptuality', 'objectivity' (read some philosophy of art or aesthetics, you utter fuckin retard), 'vapidity', 'averageness', 'listenability', and, last but not least, 'taste'.
>wont shut the fuck about lasers
>muse dont use too many lasers, if any (ive seen A LOT of muse live shows on youtube and can recall lasers in only two gigs - a european mtv performance of starlight and a 2010 or 2011 performance of stockholm syndrome at ACL)

Abuse of language and concepts. Piffle. Nonsense. Nothing here is said. The captious, meaningless judgments of a pseudo-aesthete who knows nothing of the art-form he presumes himself able to critique and/or appreciate.

I hear Pitchfork is hiring new 'writers'.
>>
>>68344050
also:

>has probably only listened to 10-20% of the discography of the artist he's judging
>>
They have some great Single artwork. I especially love this one.
>>
File: Muse.jpg (761KB, 1000x3797px) Image search: [Google]
Muse.jpg
761KB, 1000x3797px
>>68344448
>>
>>68344606

You can see the drop of quality a bit after Resistance and beyond
>>
>>68344606
are there any good b-sides post BH&R era? Do they even make b-sides anymore?
>>
>>68344938
No to both. Truly the worst tragedy of Muse is that they don't have b-sides anymore.
>>
>>68344938
unfortunately not. prague and popcorn were resistance-era b-sides but not at all great. prague, though, has a really long, sustained vocal belt from matt.

>>68344865
ya it's a shame
>>
Be honest: What do you think of the "House of the Rising Sun" cover?
>>
>>68345149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2rVFxCfEo

it's not bad. the initial behind-the-nut-pick is cool i guess. the background synth arpeggi maybe belie the simplicity of the cover's instrumentation but the bass and guitar distortion still sound nice and fat and matt's vocal belting is enjoyable. the weird cacophonous intro, bridge, and outro bit is kinda boring though. also: dat bit of vocal harmony in the background of the last chorus
>>
Muse is shit and their fans are insecure as fuck because Radiohead is is 10x better than their shit band

And I don't even like Radiohead that much
>>
>>68336680
Nobody argues that Muse were great up until Absolution.
>>
>>68347984
Fuck off, nigger. Matt has a superior sense of melody and voice-leading and will always be better on the piano, guitar, and with vocals than that weirdo, self-righteous cunt Thom.
>>
>>68348164
lmao the best muse album is on the same level as RHs worst get the fuck out of here and listen to your shit ripoff band that couldn't think of an original idea or piece if it bit Matt right in his ass
>>
>>68331583
For Muse? Yes, it's their only good album.
For Rock music? No, all of their albums are artistically irrelevant.
>>
>>68348210
>ripoff band
>worst radiohead album being better than muse's best
Yeah, you've more or less unwittingly conceded to a lack of musically-attuned ears. I don't know what you think you're hearing when you listen to music, but it can't be very critical or well-discerning. This board is replete with captious pseudo-aesthetes like you. Unlike you, apparently, I do my best to withhold or suspend judgment when I consume art. But, evidently, you've got a lot figured out. Good for you, bud'.
>>
>>68348249
>unironically uses the phrase 'artistically irrelevant' [to what and so what?]
lmfao this board is such a fuckin self-deluded joke.
>>
>>68348308
Music is shit and they were at their best when they copy and pasted their sound from a much more successful, popular and artistic band

Muse is second rate shit
>>
>>68331633
no
>>
>>68348308
muse's """""""""art"""""" is wankery lmao
>>
>>68348379
>>68348400
where are your ears? can you tell me what it is that you hear or would prefer to hear?

>>68348386
by what standard

it outta be required on /mu/ that we all read on this subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics
>>
>>68348379
>successful
>popular
>artistic
>copy and pasted
>their sound
more abuse of language and aesthetic concepts. try again.
>>
>>68331583
muse is literally myxomatosis by radiohead
>>
File: 1475263034014.jpg (12KB, 163x170px) Image search: [Google]
1475263034014.jpg
12KB, 163x170px
>Muse
>Good
>>
>>68333955
why do people hate muse so much? their last two albums were pretty bad but everything else is great
>>
>>68348479
just like muse abuse the word "influence" lmao
>>
>>68348493
kek the voice-leading on that song. what a shit riff.
>>
>>68348447
My ears are fine

Yours are the ones that need to be checked if you think Muse is good
>>
>>68348512
>muse
>use/abuse
>the word 'influence'
lmao bruh good shit ya youre right fuck i forgot

the fuck are you talking about nigger?
>>
>>68348553
muse sucks
>>
>>68344606

>tfw I have most of their early 7" EPs

18 yr old me was quite a collector
>>
>>68348400
fuck man you think im using 'art' in an entirely different sense than i intend. you really are retarded. there's 'art' in the sense of 'good art' and just 'art' as just any creative work - the latter of which usages i invoked.

this board seriously does need some aesthetics and philosophy of art.
>>
>>68348788
no I understood you meant art as any a piece of work

And muse's work is trash besides Origin
>>
>>68348831
fair enough then. that's my b.

>trash besides Origin
if you say so.
>>
>/mu/ used to love muse
>became mainstream to like muse in 2009
>hates muse now
k
>>
I like how this thread is divded on europe vs us lmao
>>
>>68337339
Seen them twice and cant recall a single laser. You are full of shit dude, probably havent heard much of their work but you are shitting on them just because its a popular thing to do on this board. OoS, Absolution and BHaR are fucking amazing, rest of their work is mostly enjoyable, and honestly showbiz is the only album where they sound like radiohead.

Also
>seen Jonas Brothers live
Wew lad
>>
>>68331583
We're all talking about an album that came out over 15 years ago so yes.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.