[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

teach me about mixing/mastering pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: teachme.jpg (588KB, 892x538px) Image search: [Google]
teachme.jpg
588KB, 892x538px
I really want to know the ins and outs of mixing and mastering, I'd also like to know what equipment would be good to use, since right now when I go into a music equipment store I just see a bunch of squares with knobs on them.
>>
press red circle record button but make sure play is pressed at same time
>>
all you need is a DAW. analog equipment is expensive and overrated. every DAW has an EQ, a compressor, and probably some sort of saturation/distortion plugin. that along with playing with the volume and panning will get you 80% of the way to a good mix
>>
>>68328492
also check out mixing with mike and pensado's place youtube channels
>>
>>68328492
>>68328453
This.

Also check out this series of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

Despite the very dated visuals, it's as true and relevant today as it was back then.
>>
>>68328492
Mic preamps are not overrated in the slightest and neither are hardware compressors.
>>
>>68328551
thank you
>>
>>68328453
automatically set all levels to -10 db when starting a new track
>>
>>68328453
There is a /prod/ thread with links you gay faggot, retard, dumbfuck, idiot
>>
>>68328569
recording and mixing/mastering are two different beasts. if you want to be able to record you'll need a whole bunch of mics to be able to record a whole drum kit + singer etc. then you need a powerful interface with enough inputs to match.

mixing and mastering really just needs some good monitors and some acoustic treatment.
>>
>>68328649
Mixing can be done with headphones by anyone... Mastering is an art form in my opinion that very few are good at.
>>
>>68328638
kek
>>
>>68328638
i m sorry
>>
>>68328674
you've been cucked by the mastering engineers into thinking that. realistically all they do is make sure all the songs on an album have a similar level, add metadata, and slam em into a limiter until the client says stop.
>>
>>68328841
DELETE THIS
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.