[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio-Technica LP2D USB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Audio-Technica-AT-LP2D-USB.jpg (77KB, 677x610px) Image search: [Google]
Audio-Technica-AT-LP2D-USB.jpg
77KB, 677x610px
I might be able to get one of these for free. Is it any good? I'm currently using a really old Sony turntable which is fine but I might bring this AT one to college. I have no interest in the USB function so besides that, is it worth it? Will it damage my records at all?
>>
>>68327751
>no counter weight
trash.
>>
>>68327751
What >>68328918 said. If it doesn't have a counterweight at the base of the needle arm, it'll fuck your records up.
>>
>>68327751
hey people
do old turntables scratch recent records
>>
File: counterweight.png (134KB, 352x336px) Image search: [Google]
counterweight.png
134KB, 352x336px
>>68328918
>>68329800
>no counter weight
nigga then what the fuck is this
>>
>>68329930
No, not if the cartridge isn't worn out and it's all calibrated right.
Old turntables are debatably superior, though it's all about the quality of the equipment. There's crap turntables from every decade.
>>
>>68329957
That's just the base of the arm.
But Audio-Technica turntables, even ones without a counterweight, are actually well engineered, don't sound horrible, and they probably won't fuck up your records. They're just cheap and non-upgradable. They are nowhere near as bad as a Crosley or no name ones you find at Target and bookstores and such.
>>
>>68330024
ah, I thought there was something in there...
Is the LP120 any good? I've had an LP60 for 2 years and I'm tired of it because the rca is short as fuck and with my collection growing I want something better.
>>
>>68330093
The LP120 is pretty good, and definitely a step up from the LP60, though a lot of audiophiles take issue with its built-in preamp, which is apparently not very good.
For less money (though missing the DJ features) you could get a U-Turn Orbit, which does not have that problem, though you'll need to have an external preamp if you opt not to build one in (which is easily done).
Or, what I would recommend if you're willing to put forth the effort, look around on Craigslist or find a hi-fi store and buy a vintage one locally. You can probably get a very nice piece of kit from the 70s or 80s for less than $100 and then spend the remainder on a nice cartridge.
>>
>>68330218
strongly considering craigslist. although I'm also a massive fucking faggot who cares about looks as well and the u-turn orbit makes me cum.
>>
>>68328918

Not having counterweight is not necessarily an issue. That turntable and the LP60 use moving magnet cartridges, and unlike ceramic ones used by Crosley etc, they're not required to have such an extreme tracking force. I believe some P-mount turntables don't even feature counterweight setting because they're all standard unlike the more popular 1/2-inch mount.

There may be other issues with OP's table, such as overall poor manufacturing quality control, and not many upgrade options, since you can't replace the cartridge. It's a cheap mediocre table, but it's better than your usual Crosley, Jensen or ION.
>>
>>68329989
hey thanks
>>
>>68330218
>you could get a U-Turn Orbit
no antiskate
>look around on Craigslist or find a hi-fi store and buy a vintage one locally. You can probably get a very nice piece of kit from the 70s or 80s for less than $100 and then spend the remainder on a nice cartridge.
do this, just be patient and you can definitely find a great table
>>
>>68330722
Antiskate isn't strictly necessary, there's a lot of really expensive audiophile turntables without it. It's only really a concern if you're using a cartridge that tracks really lightly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.