[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Bob_Dylan_-_Self_Portrait.jpg (98KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_-_Self_Portrait.jpg
98KB, 300x300px
>>
nothing
>>
I really, really, really like this album cover. Is the album any good at all? I'm scared of listening to it. Did Bob go avant-garde or something?
>>
>>68324707
nah, he intentionally made a shitty album to infuriate his label/critics
>>
>literally the musical equivalent of shitposting
>>
great album
>>
>>68324608
He did it as an FU to critics. Suprisingly good for what it is.
>>
>>68324608
i actually like it
>>
>>68324707
It's literally a meme album Dylan did to piss off everyone. I appreciate the intention but I would have preferred Dylan going full avant-garde and going insane with it instead of just making a mediocre album since his plan was to fuck around anyways. Maybe it could have been un-intentionally good even. Also yes it's a pretty nice cover, shame it was wasted on this album.
>>
> Overrated.
>>
>implying it isn't better than 99% of the bullshit you faggots listen to
>>
It's not that bad, honestly, it just wasn't what people wanted from Dylan at the height of the counter-culture era. Another Self-Portrait proved a lot of the material on here was really great.
>>
>>68325654
Precisely for that reason. If he went full avant-garde as you said, there would of course be a herd of critics praising him for his bold move. So the only way to really piss everyone off and shake off his voice-of-a-generation tag, was to make a barely mediocre album. Of course the album, particularly with the passing of the decades, really has its charm. But that's because the man actually *is* a genius, and also he was still making music he loved. Those semi-obscure folk songs and stuff he was into at the time. He just made it deliberatly un-epic and un-inconic
>>
>>68324608
It's his trout mask replica
>>
He was sicking of people thinking he had to do what they wanted instead of what he wanted. He was basically trolling them with this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.