[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The worst question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: woman stock photo.jpg (271KB, 958x1342px) Image search: [Google]
woman stock photo.jpg
271KB, 958x1342px
>So anon, what kinda music do you like?
Wat do?

"oh just eurobeat and certain subgenres of metal"
>whats eurobeat?
"it's like techno but it's made by Italians"
>oh cool, do you like Metallica?
"not really"
>>
>>68318086
I never know how to answer what kind of music i like and even if i say band names the person usually don't know it and that's it
>>
>>68318112
>"I've never heard of ____, I'll have to check them out"

spoiler alert: they never do
>>
>>68318086

Just lie. Normies don't care for your actual opinions it's all just small talk.
>>
I don't like music
>>
>>68318086
>What do?
Tell them I like metal and experimental electronic. If they don't like my taste they aren't worth my time anyway
>>
>>68318199
this is true
>>
>>68318200
I've started using this response
>>
>>68318200
i prefer blood-curdling screaming accompanied by the sound of a fork against a plate
>>
Usually I'll tell them more of the mainstream shit I listen to and then usually I will hear
>"Oh anon, I love them!"
Then you ask them to go to a concert with you.
Worked twice for me.
>>
>>68318086
I just name an artist I like that all normies have heard of but never listened to. like Elvis Costello
>>
>>68318086
i tell them i am to intelligent to like music
>>
>>68318318
What happens next?
>>
>>68318329
Intelligent enough to not use "too" either
>>
"I don't like music. I appreciate music."
>>
>>68318341
>"I'm so glad we became best friends!"
>>
I say "you just wouldn't fucking get it if I told you" and scoff at them
>>
>>68318346
your a retard two:
>Intelligent enough to not use "too" either
>to
>>
I tailor it to who I'm talking to. There's usually some mainstream-ish artists in some genres I like. I don't like hiphop but I can talk about Kanye's production talent, etc.

And worst case, I just ask what they like, pick the least awful ones and lie and say I like them too.

No point discussing my actual taste because I'd just come off as pretentious.
>>
>>68318400
You're also a retard
>Your a retard two
>Your
>>
File: 16354351354.jpg (138KB, 746x1280px) Image search: [Google]
16354351354.jpg
138KB, 746x1280px
>>68318086
>liking eurobeat
>not liking Metallica
here's the real problem
>>
>>68318367
Then you fingerblast their asshole?
>>
>>68318438
no u
>>
>>68318438
>he got baited twice
>>
>>68318438
holy fuck when did so many normalfags and children invade 4chan
>>
>>68318086
i just name some very obscure artists even though my taste isn't actually that obscure so they stop talking to me
>>
>>68318199
Why even talk then?
>>
Describing what i like in words out loud makes me sound like a hipster faggot so i tend not to.

I really am not a hipster.
>>
>>68318615

Because it gets pretty akward if you don't.

You don't talk politics or voice your real opinion on anything around normies though. It's a waste of time.
>>
>>68318650
>Because it gets pretty akward if you don't.
And pretending to talk about shit you don't care about or know nothing about isn't?
>>
>>68318670
The enigma that is being a tripfag
>>
>>68318670

Yes dishonest smalltalk is less akward than silence. Are you autistic?
>>
>>68318698
I guess I can't really get into being an utter asswipe. Must probably come more naturally when you're a tripfag.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 551x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 551x520px
Just tell people the most mainstream artist you enjoy unless you have a feeling they might know some of the others you like based on what they wear and shit. It's totally circumstantial.

I would say that I like Kendrick Lamar after saying I like all sorts of hip-hop/rock/folk/jazz etc or I'd keep the list short and say I just like rap and hip hop and POSSIBLY folk to see where it goes
>>
I usually say "I mostly listen to alternative rock and techno, stuff like Sonic Youth".
I add "and Autechre, two guys who are signed on Warp / friends with Aphex Twin" if I feel adventurous or if the person is into electronic music.
But the best is to try to connect with what they know or listen to.
As long as they aren't total normies and your tastes are broad, you can find a common ground, whenever it's The Smiths, entry-level jazz (because that's all I know) or good popular music from their respective countries if you are talking to a foreigner.

>>68318318
>Usually I'll tell them more of the mainstream shit I listen to
I should do this but the most mainstream shit I listen to is outdated shit, and Sonic Youth are pretty representative of my tastes.
Too bad Yo La Tengo isn't more popular, I have never meet someone who disliked them.
>>
>>68318646
Also, avoid coming across as a hipster because then your first impression will always be a bitch. I think hipster culture is dying anyway, I hope, but I also don't get to know too many people I come across. I think people are just becoming stranger and hipsters are moving into the fucking wilderness or something
>>
>>68318309
So you like Teenage Jesus and the Jerks.
>>
Getting high with two chick last night but too beta to try anything.

They're listening to some suggested pot head shit trippy music. They beg me to play something, I put some Ween on.

They get disgusted.
>>
>>68318795
they had good taste
ween sucks
>>
>>68318739
>hipster culture
are there actually people that pretend to like obscure things just for the sake of it? I've never met anybody like that
>>
>>68318795
Disgusted by Ween? I tried to play simple Radiohead off of HTTT for my brother and he got a little weirded out.

But disgusted by ween? That doesn't even make sense. Normal people are so fucking weird
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 694x613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 694x613px
>>68318823
They often arrive here on /mu/, but are ridiculed into changing/going back to tumblr

I met people at my ex's friend's birthday party who said out loud "yeah we're hipsters." So faggots that want to be hipsters do exist I guess, and if you want to be/think you are a hipster long enough you will become one once you get emerged into the culture...
>>
>>68318831
OP is the normie. girls are probably patrish. ween sucks
>>
>>68318739
>i think people are becoming stranger.

does anyone else think this aswell? Like everyone is just odd & off now. Like every girl now has a daddy kink its literally all over twitter ect and its very real i was into this shit way before all of them. what is happening to people nowadays? is the internet just taking over
>>
>>68318086
I listen to the ambient noise of cosmic background radiation, it's the music of the universe.
>>
>>68318199
This, If anyone asks me what I'm listening to in my headset, I just say it's Coldplay or some other normalfag shit.
>>
>>68318177
One time I told one of my friends to check out The Avalanches, and he did. Now their like one of his favorite bands.

I also convinced one of my friends to listen to Death Grips and their his favorite band too.
>>
File: thecosmos.jpg (100KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
thecosmos.jpg
100KB, 500x369px
>>68319840
>>
>"That's of no concern to you, and in any case it's doubtful, at best, that you'd recognize such genres and musicians.

>Lastly, why are you talking to me? What do you want? I can discern from your lips, nape, nose, and thighs that you're a girl. Am I correct? Of course. Am I also correct to assume that you've noticed my downcast, tired eyes, blank expression, and the earbuds in my ears? Well, am I? Of course I am.

>That all being said, again: Why, oh why, oh why are you talking to me? Can't you comprehend the circumstance? Isn't your sex supposed to be the more keen and sensitive to social cues? Yes? So how are you not understanding this?

>I, a man of merely 21 years, have determined I've little to no consistent, sincere interest and value to you. Actually, I shouldn't take all the credit. All my life, your kin have made a priority to render me isolated and feel alien in the most mundane of engagements. Your kin have invested a lifetime in mocking my existence, reducing it to something less than human. The whole of my diminished self-worth I can attribute towards you.

>Oh, what's that? You're crying? Sad? Hurt, even? Don't waste your time. Such faux tears are of little weight to me. Whatever feeling I once had, your kin so ferociously robbed me of when you said my feelings weren't worth a damn because I'm not a girl or an attractive male. I no longer feel - not the spite of your sarcastic smile, nor the fever in whatever feigned interest you've conjured.

>Nothing.

>I'm the monster from the malnourished womb.

>Now clean up those goddamn tears."
>>
>>68318716
He's actually right, you autist. I personally prefer silence, but it is more awkward than bullshitting with someone. I just avoid that by bringing earbuds with me everywhere.
>>
>>68321520
>All my life, your kin have made a priority to render me isolated and feel alien in the most mundane of engagements
supreme kek
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.