[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AHAHAHAHAHA PANNED!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (105KB, 750x821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 750x821px
>>
HOLY SHIT HOW WILL OASIS EVER RECOVER
>>
>>68311573
MONTIE ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
They gave Definitely Maybe an 8.8 and Morning Glory an 8.9, which are really their only good albums
>>
>>68311573
that's a generous score
>>
>>68311573
Is this the thread where we let Pitchfork decide what we should or shouldn't listen to?
>>
>>68311573
Trying to hard to be the beatles Abbey road
>>
>laura snapes
>>
chris ott was the only thing pitchfork ever had that was worth a shit
>>
>Oasis’ third LP is a veritable rock’n’roll monsoon of an album; a giant jigsaw puzzle, an elemental force, a monster that cannot and will not be contained,” claimed Vox.

Anyone else saw "Vox" and thought they were referring to that ugly liberal thinkpiece site?
>>
>>68311667
came here to post this
>>
>>68311573
This album sounds exactly like their first two and yet everyone bashes it like the others are so superior.

Just another reason Oasis fans can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>68312113

And that guy still fucking sucked

But I found the Swirlies because of him so he's cool
>>
>>68311573
Well Pithcfork usually gives shitty reviews so this is no exception. BHN > Morning Glory
>>
>>68312651
Pleb
>>
>>68312790
Pleb
>>
File: wewlad.gif (3MB, 480x270px)
wewlad.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>
This album is overproduced as fuck and Noel only wrote it for the money, not to mention the band was high on coke when it was recorded. This is also when Liam's voice started to go downhill. All that being said I enjoy the album but given more time and focus it could have been great.
>>
>>68311667
See:
>>68311752
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 1458x1459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 1458x1459px
>>68312885
More like cause they were a shitty band

Need I remind you this album was written while constantly high on coke
>>
>>68311573
Magic Pie, Stand By Me, I Hope, I Think, I Know, The Girl in the Dirty Shirt, and Don't Go Away are all great songs. The rest are forgettable -- there's no doubt that this is their weakest record out of the first three.

The production is a mess though. I didn't mind it years ago but revisiting it after knowing a lot more about sound design and production it really is awfully mixed.

If you replace the weak tracks with some of the b-sides like Stay Young, Flashbax, and Going Nowhere and fixed the production you'd probably have an 8.8/10 album honestly.

As it stands, the album is 7.5 in my book.
>>
>>68312913
>comparing Bowie to Oasis

Wew
>>
>>68312885
It was basically the same shit than the two previous albums, with the exception that the songs were ridiculously longer and the album's mixing was unbearably loud.
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20001009103100/http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/o/oasis/be-here-now.shtml

fucking hypocrites
>>
>>68311573

It's more or less correct, but a bit low compared to their standards.
DM is a 7/10
WTSMG is a 6,5/10
BHN is a 5,5/10
>>
>>68312966
i looked over the tracklist trying to figure out what tracks i'd remove or switch out and honestly i'd only swap magic pie (shit song!) for stay young. i like all the other ones, even if a thorough editing/remixing job would do them all favors

maybe ditch the title track for the fever

>>68313072
there's something deeply ironic about every contemporary review or retrospective of this album bringing up the fact that everyone praised it at first, as if it was all a case of music journo sunstroke they've all recovered from. like, be here now is still stuck in a critical narrative but since it's universally slagged off these days it doesn't matter as much. fuck em
>>
faggots gave tlop a 9
what did you expect
>>
>>68311573
Daily reminder that this is how scores actually should be.
1 - Absolutely Awful
2 - Shit
3 - Really Bad
4 - Bad
5 - Okay
6 - Good
7 - Really Good
8 - Great
9 - Amazing
10 - One of the best things ever.

And this is how people use them irl.

1 - Shit
2 - Shit
3 - Shit
4 - Shit
5 - Shit
6 - Shit
7 - Shit
8 - Okay
9 - Almost Good
10 - Good
>>
>>68312913
You only like Bowie because he's trendy. No other reason, mediocre shit.
>>
>>68313163
no no, that's the scale for video games
here's the scale for music:

0 - ITT: Times p4k was wrong
1 - Shit
2 - Shit
3 - Shit
4 - Shit
5 - Shit
6 - Underrated future classic
7 - ...wow, this album exists?
8 - PANNED LMAO, ARTIST BTFO TBHFAMSMH
9 - COULDN'T BEAT KANYE PANNED LMAO BTFO but might possibly be AOTY
10 - 10/10 albums don't exist you fucking plebeian, go back to listening to the Rolling Stone canon
>>
>>68313207
>no no, that's the scale for video games
What are you accusing me of? Take that back! I only contemplate mature artforms for adults such as myself.
>>
>>68313163
>5 - Okay
>6 - Good
>7 - Really Good

more like:
5 - dull, mediocre
6 - decent, adequate
7 - good
>>
>>68313283
Yeah, fair enough.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.