[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 8168FXJ4tKL._SL1425_.jpg (328KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
8168FXJ4tKL._SL1425_.jpg
328KB, 1425x1425px
This is the most try-hard shit I've ever heard.
>>
You've stated your thesis, now back it up with content
>>
File: 144158176449.png (322KB, 880x594px) Image search: [Google]
144158176449.png
322KB, 880x594px
>>68311558
>>
That's not The Astonishing
>>
>>68312140
this wins. easily.
>>
>>68311508
A lot of the Christian music forums I lurk praised this album to no end on their year-end lists. I remember liking it at first but it either didn't vary enough to hold my attention or was too long..

What was the worst thing about it though iyo?
>>
>>68311508
>>68312209
DUDE ANTI PHONE CULTURE LMAO
>>
>>68312832
Hmm, I completely missed that theme but then again I wasn't really paying attention to the lyrical content

Phone culture is here to stay
>>
>>68311508
It's a disappointing follow up to Who's feeling young now.
>>
File: thilecore.jpg (8KB, 176x160px) Image search: [Google]
thilecore.jpg
8KB, 176x160px
>>68312908
its instrumentally well done, however creatively bankrupt half the time. Some real nice songs on it tho like my oh my. Goat rodeo is better than anything PB or nickel creek ever did, some real nigga shit
>>
File: image.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>68312832
I haven't listened to this album, but i've seen my dad splayed out on the couch 8 hours at a time watching these mind-numbing justice-system reality shows. Some poor fucking toothless methhead could be on The Learning Channel's Leer at my My Disgusting Life about addicts, then gets on COPS for having meth, then gets shipped to a Judge Judy clone to be sentenced to TV prison shown on National Geographic's "You'll Tune in Hoping Someone Gets Raped."

And he's just lying there, not so much consuming this lurid garbage as being consumed, right? It takes away your brain. Your capacity for introspection.

The point is TV and other forms of media are basically a narcotic. They hypnotize you and take you outside yourself and you don't have to deal with your fucking dignityless fucking job and driving to the supermarket after work when all you wanna do is just be drunk and passed out and surrendered to this socially-acceptable form of self-annihilation, you don't have to deal with that stuff for a while.

But what is a society composed of the introspection-less heroin addicts with the attention-span of a moth going to be like? Do you not care because your grandfather complained about phones and he's old and therefore retarded and the bastard spends his days swilling Coke products and watching The Game which actually All of The Games anyways, the hypocrite.

But of course besides geriatrics, only granola-and-sandals I-Was-At-Woodstock freaks would claim something's bad when so many people NEED them to go on, these phones.
>>
>>68313087
Get off 4chan and go celebrate your birthday, Thom
>>
>>68313087
solid bait
8/10
>>
>>68313123
>>68313087
Even if this is bait, it raises an interesting situation that I think isn't as big of an issue as it originally seems.

The dad splayed across the couch us receiving his reward for working his job. He's only able to enjoy the mind numbing entertainment because he's done his part to better society through his job. So the question of wondering what a society completely comprised of people stuck like this is the one we're already experiencing.

Overall, 7/10 society, could use improvement but will suffice
>>
aw sweet this giles "deathconsciousdan" corey's new jam?
>>
>>68312209
The song writing was so pretentious, it aspired to be really deep and emotional but it was just bad.
>>
File: infintie.jpg (10KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
infintie.jpg
10KB, 194x259px
how did this thread turn into pic related
>>
>>68313580
Because addiction
But really, David sums it up so well in his University address that ultimately addiction is not only inevitable, but totally able to productively exist in society with the right direction
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.