[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many white people love Death Grips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: deathgrips.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
deathgrips.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Why do so many white people love Death Grips?
>>
aggressive
vague lyrics
experimental
>>
They as well most rapaciously enjoy cumming from within the fuque
>>
>>68310810
/thread
>>
>>68310794
Why not?
>>
>>68310794
>I can’t help yourself, I skid in doubt
>I’ve dealt with yourself, I tricked hell out
>I’m all helter skelter, I’m on that Faust
>None of me left but reflex skidding out

Intelligent lyrics.
How many other artists reference late 1600's novels?
>>
>>68310794
You Might Think People Love Death Grips For Their Music, But I Know What They Really Love Them For. It's Their Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat.
>>
>>68311122
Holy Shit Why Do You Capitalize Every Word. Is This A Dank New Meem.
>>
>>68311142
Let Us Make It A Meme.
>>
>>68311156
Very Well. Meem State Us Kunfimed.
>>
>>68311142
it's referencing the song dumbass
>>
>>68310794
Death Grips are fucking god tier and transcend race
>>
>>68311175
What Song Would That Be?
>>
>>68311217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2cQvZPX3OY
>>
Is there music that only black people listen to?
>>
why do so many death whites love people grips
>>
>>68311319
Country
>>
Most people don't
It's just /mu/ dickriders who copied a few silver lake/each park types who tried to act like they like it

The only people who honestly like death grips are the people who are actually genuinely weird in their day to day life... like Tyler the creator type people... as in the kids who lived like before he got famous and some powerviolence kids cause it's that same weird edgy experimental bullshit that you'll look back in 8 years and say wtf was wrong with me

Like for example I like some songs on the last album but not enough to cum on my own balls every time someone.mentions death grips
>>
>>68311333
Why do so many gripped people love white deaths
>>
>>68311319
Super ghetto real trap music like from the 90s before it got all super good production commercial attention bullshit

Talk in like lil boskoe and cboy blue and shit like that
Like real gangbanging music by gangbangers

The shit you have to buy at the swap meet
Only blacks and white kids that grew up in black projects like myself listen to that shit
>>
>>68311357
The only reason I got into Death Grips was because I simply didn't get it. I listened to Get Got and thought "What in the fuck is this? I don't understand. I'm going to listen to this music until I finally understand. it". Long story short, I became an unironic fan. I still don't get it either.
>>
>>68310917
They Might Be Giants

So I would watch the whole "intelligent" thing bb
>>
>>68311456
Yeah that's what I'm saying... It's a cheap tactic

Cause so much intregue by feigning critical acclaim that You make unwilling fans who are only so because they've become accustomed to your sound and it's just good enough to keep them entertained after the gimmick and shock of being weird goes away

Trust me that's what we used to do in Adeus
My high school scene called us a godsend to our shitty little desert town but I'm telling you we just made music for shock and awe

Kinda like this place is a zoo
>>
>>68311522
>One band does it, so no other band can do it.
>>
To further what I'm saying
It's easy to get a mass of people to follow and believe and even Stan up for what you're saying I you say it with enough conviction

Watch I'll record a vocsroo right now with gibberish with self belief behind n words and do the same without and show you how self promotion within music works

It's the reason why the germs never garnerd as much success as they couldve
>>
>>68310794
>omg the singer is black why would any WHITE person like this band
Retard.
>>
>>68311598
Look at that cognitive dissonance and insecurities coming through

Look jackals nobody said anything about that you assumption making cunt
Kill yourself
>>
>>68311639
You need to check you're privilege.
You have entered my safe space, and if you keep making sexiest remarks I will mute you.
>>
>>68311639
Retard.
>>
Because they enjoy the music, same reason anyone likes any other music, no mystery to it.
>>
>>68311581
That is not my point at all you bongo.

The claim is that Death Grips is liked by white people because of intelligent lyrics, citing them mentioning a late 1600's novel (which is a really popular novel by the way). My counterpoint was that the band They Might Be Giants has also referenced this novel in their lyrics. This point is made because, while I like TMBG (and Death Grips too by the way), their lyrics, although clever and silly, are by no means intelligent, thus a reference to Faust is not solely a very good criteria for judging the intellectual merit of a song or music group's lyrical content.

Additionally, the post I quoted asked specifically "How many other artists reference late 1600's novels?" I gave an example.
>>
I got into Death Grips on first listen when Exmilitary dropped and before I ever went on 4chan. Fuck me, right?
>>
Fundamentally, the main reason is that they just enjoy the music, and the fact that DG are memed a shit ton, but also, the fact that Death Grips is hip hop that isn't "black America's CNN," instead blurring the line between hip-hop and the instrumentation-based genres white people are stereotypically associated with, tend to grow up with, and love the most, said genre usually being rock and its subgenres in my experience may be the big subconscious reason why they like DG so much.
To expand further:
>experimental production and cryptic lyrical style caters to the average white person's, usually rock-catalyzed, desire for strange and increasingly eclectic instrumentation involving the use of voice as one of said instruments, along with stylized and quotable lyrics
>lyrical content provides the edginess of gangsta rap without actually being gangsta rap, therefore the music appeals to both the suburban white who eats up controversial edgy music and the white who can claim the music is artful and serves a stylistic purpose deeper than "just degrading bitches and hoes"
>music is hip hop that isn't rooted in the experiences, issues, and viewpoints of the inhabitants of impoverished urban black neighborhoods like most traditional lauded hip hop, so racial alienation from the music isn't an issue, ironically making the experimental the more accessible in terms of hip hop for Death Grips' white fans
But who knows, people are strange things anyway.
>>
>>68310794
Because it makes LG the ghettonigger tripfag mad
>>
>>68310794
People listen to Death Grips because of the production, not the lyrics.
>>
>>68310794
Because of alot of people like death grips, and alot of people are also white
>>
Illusion of authenticity.
>>
>>68312760
Damn, well said
>>
>>68311142
>not instantly getting the joke
>>
How's Death Grips live? They're playing for cheap near me in a few weeks.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.