[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joyce Manor - Cody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cody_album_cover.jpg (325KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cody_album_cover.jpg
325KB, 1200x1200px
What do you guys think of this album?
>>
>>68310735
its really bad

the best thing to come from it is the title "this song is a mess but so am i"

actually, the album should've been titled "this album is a mess" etc
>>
It's even more boring than Never Hungover Again

A shame, since the first two records are so good
>>
>>68310735
Loved it. It's going in my top ten albums this year.
>>
>>68310991
i actually liked never hungover again, so i expected this to at least be okay

a shame [2]
>>
>>68310735
got a 320 link?
>>
I think it's great, they work better as Weezers than they do as punkers.
>>
this is the perfect example of the type of album that should exist for people who are into that type of music to listen to but should be given no praise beyond that
>>
>>68313243
no they really don't the first LP was awesome
>>
>>68313383
I think it should be given praise. What I think makes Joyce Manor so unique is they get straight to the point with all their songs and albums. There's no filler at all in any of their music. They rarely do intro riffs, just start at the verse. Most music has bullshit, uninspired parts that are done because that's just what musicians do. Plus no album has the obvious single. Every single song is single-worthy. If you enjoy one song on one of their albums, you'll likely enjoy the rest off that album.

I think it's rare to find people who just like "that one Joyce Manor song", most people just like Joyce Manor as a whole.
>>
>>68313461

it's not a diss it's just that with every album there's a group of people screaming AOTY and hoping it gets all sorts of praise and recognition from critics and the public but in reality most albums aren't going to be essential or canon or interesting to people not already into that type of music

they can be really enjoyable records without being important

this is one of those
>>
>>68313494
ah I totally see what you mean now. You're right, I get that. If someone just isn't into punk rock/pop punk for whatever reason, maybe this album will change their mind, but I can see most people not enjoying it compared to, for example, Kendrick Lamar's latest album where I saw a whole hell of a lot of non-hip-hop fans being really into it.
>>
>>68313540

i didn't actually mean to turn this thread into that i thought i was in the one calling it AOTY my bad
>>
3.5/10

That is only 3 songs, and half of a fourth song, are not bad.

This is an album for ppl who's favorite track is Drainge. Lacks the bite, feelings, and catchiness of their previous albums.

Unfortunately publications are eating this slop up so that will give the band positive reinforcement to continue this shitty path.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.