[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this album have such an awful fanbase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: in rainbows.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
in rainbows.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
Why does this album have such an awful fanbase?
>>
Plebs are attracted to the cover's aesthetic
>>
JAM OF A LIFETIME
>>
>>68310726
It's their most entry-level work.
>>
Sure but worse than Kid A and OK Computer fans?
>>
>>68311249
In Rainbows fans are lazy and stubbornly part of the mainstream. OKC fans are stubbornly fans of 90s rock, nu-males, and drones. Kid A fans at least range between horrifically depressed but with interesting insights and contrarian hipsters.
>>
>>68310726
I haven't noticed this
>>68310950
Hardly. The Bends, OK Computer, and Hail are more entry level. Plus, Radiohead are just an entry level band, not that that's bad.
>>
>>68310726
great post it really does. In/Rainbows is their reddit , new sincerity album. people are in love with their own cheap sentiment, and can't argue with feelings. when they grow up they will realize how fake this album is. Radiohead had profited off of everything but emotion by that point.
>>
>>68311355
That's 90s/2000s entry level. In Rainbows is more entry level for people today. It's not bad but like OP says it brings in annoying people.
>>68311377
In Rainbows is far from fake. It's just not absorbed by most likable people.
>>
>>68311425
Sorry. Meant "THE most likable people"
>>
File: IMG_2056.jpg (730KB, 1592x2752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2056.jpg
730KB, 1592x2752px
>>68310726
Do you still enjoy the album despite the shitty fan base? That's what's most important. You don't have to be a part of that crowd, y'know?
>>
>>68311425
IR features some pretty eclectic influences though. You've got krautrock, jazz, ambient pop, plus some the of the constant radiohead stuff like interesting sound design. It's more groove based their some of their previous material with the krautrock stuff showing up, but it would be hard to get your average person into listening to it (at least stuff besides the singles).
>>
>>68310950
>>68311344
>>68311355
>>68311377
>>68311425
>>68311441

holy shit. this is a great album. who cares what other people listen to it? get over it! enjoy the great music for what it is! this is a sad, sad thread.
>>
>>68311497
I wish I had a poster of this.
>>
>>68311511
From my experience I know a lot more people who enjoyed IR than OKC or Kid A. OKC people don't get past the singles and Kid A is too experimental. For IR it has this sort of modern alternative feel to it throughout so you'll see people either enjoy its highlights or let it sit in the background for whatever they're doing.
>>68311560
They're all good albums but this thread is just talking about why their fans can be awful.
>>
>>68311620
I know, right? One of you fuckers posted this one night and I saved it. All the album arts transition beautifully. (mostly)
>>
>>68311664
I think it's from the /r/radiohead if I recall correctly. Someone originally made it for the first 8 and then added on LP9.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.