[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new HBDHM album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: sicksnail.jpg (11KB, 269x235px) Image search: [Google]
sicksnail.jpg
11KB, 269x235px
what do you think of this? instrumental segments are on point imo.

where do they move on from here?
>>
I think they're leaning too heavy into shoegaze territory. I liked their sophomore album with its grimy production and clear The Exploited influence, but now they're just to cheery and bubblegummy for my taste. I get that they really dig MBV but I don't think they're as good at capturing that sound as they are handling their pink influence.

I agree the jazz progressions on the instrumental tracks are really something, though.
>>
seems like their desire to carve a niche sound in the barren field of post rock has caused them to come to a generic standstill.

4/10 from me, one of those pathetic releases
>>
>>68303095
Perhaps, but you can't deny they are going far further with the sound than any other band has.
>>
File: 1470365171880.png (391KB, 570x392px) Image search: [Google]
1470365171880.png
391KB, 570x392px
i liked it
>>
>>68303118

is that intrinsically a good thing though? they're beating a dead horse at this point. 2008 they reached the peak of experimentation, but after Glenn left to do his solo shit, they've become pretty pretentious in the effort to "recapture" the magic.
>>
>>68303136
ur fucking gay then
>>
>>68303146
No, but I think they are mostly handling it well. As has been said, they have all but abandoned their early Punk roots, but I personally feel their innovative take on the concept of post rock and shoegaze is refreshing, and breaths life into two largely stagnate genres.

Harkens back to the likes of Slint if you ask me
>>
>>68302917
who is hbdsm
>>
>>68303192
Obscure post rock band. All their stuff is independently released and a little hard to find.
>>
>>68303252
is there anywhere to stream? tried google but I got nothing
>>
>>68303188
true, i could easily see this release being mucore in a couple of years. The slight change in pace isn't gonna resonate with earlier fans. whether listeners count it as a healthy evolution is gonna make/break how it does in the eyes of critics.
>>
>>68303291
They don't believe in streaming of any kind
>>
>>68303291
they don't like publishing their music... part of the image. it's p scene specific
>>
>unique posters: 4

You were doing pretty well for a minute
>>
>tfw people comment on the evolving state of the music industry while having never heard of HBDHM
>>
>>68303343
They took that oldschool punk mindset a little too far imo. I hope they stop being autistic and release their music normally some day.
>>
>>68303429
ikr,i get the whole thing is in relation to a larger image or message, but their goal of being "independently sought after" isn't gonna work out if noone knows about them lol.

or they're geniuses and are on the fringe of a new age of music distribution
>>
>>68303511
Yeah but fuck that man I just want an album on YouTube or some shit baka
>>
>>68303317
>>68303343
edgy
>>
>>68303539
my friend tried filming one of their spontaneous live shows a couple years back and glen threw a block of ice at him. bruised his throat up good.

glad that guys gone, seemed mentally off
>>
>>68303397
ahahahahah holy shit
>>
They give off some real solid Dick Whip vibes.
>>
>>68303835

what makes you say that
>>
Holy Bus Driving Hell Mad?
Hymen Breaker Dance Hall Mix?
Hey Bro Don't Hug Me?
stop using acronyms for non /mu/core shit god dammit
>>
Terrible band and you should feel terrible. Go listen to Mogwai or Blue Throat.
>>
>>68304031
Mogwai is pleb shit dude lol

They have like 2 pretty good albums at best.
>>
>>68304556
2 pretty good albums is better than a bunch of shitty, terribly produced and engineered CDs. Mogwai surpasses HBDHM in every respect.
>>
>>68304723
Completely disagree friendo. Go back to your Explosions in the Sky tier drivel lmao
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.