[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into the Smiths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: The Smiths Google Images.jpg (54KB, 1415x970px) Image search: [Google]
The Smiths Google Images.jpg
54KB, 1415x970px
How do I into the Smiths?
>>
>>68302271
You listen to their first album.
>>
>>68302271
any album
really
>>
cry a lot

that's how i got into the smiths
>>
self titled
>>
big mouth strikes again

how soon is now

suedehead

every day is like sunday

all the smith albums are pretty much the exact same. infact, every song is basically the same. thats not really a bad thing because they are nice songs and obviously the smiths are a very popular band.

i think it helps if you watch some interviews with morrissey to understand his demeanour because the lyrics to the songs are so good and you'll gain some insight on what hes all about
>>
File: 1446211462.png (175KB, 494x365px) Image search: [Google]
1446211462.png
175KB, 494x365px
>artist has a handful albums
>how do i get into ???

every time. the smiths aren't frank zappa. You can listen to all of their albums on a single afternoon.
>>
>>68303055
All good songs but not necessarily reflective of the band's overall style. Also, the the latter two are from Morrissey's solo albums.

There's no wrong way to listen to the Smiths, but starting with Hatful of Hollow is a good way to get a sampling.
>>
>>68302271
considering how accessible they are, a better question would be, "how do I NOT into Smiths?"
>>
>>68303110
i disagree

you must listen to some boring music for smiths albums to be diverse
>>
Listen to this Best Of 1 & 2 in total 4 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQWjKMQsQw

If you dug that listen to I Know Its Over from Rank, and Well I Wonder from Meat Is Murder.
>>
>>68303155
That wasn't my point. They certainly have a distinct sound, yes, but that doesn't mean a song like Nowhere Fast necessarily sounds the same as something like Cemetery Gates for example.
>>
>>68302964
I cry a lot, am not into the smiths, bad advice to op, anon.
>>
Listen to their singles comp. or sound of the smiths (which is basically the same thing plus a couple of songs.
>>
Hatful of Hollow -> Studio albums in order of release

Or just listen to The Queen Is Dead, really.
>>
>>68302271
their records in chronological order
S/T might be inaccessible at first because of the spotty production, so instead you may go for Hatful of Hollow
>>68303055
if smiths albums sound the same then all music sounds the same
>>
sing me to sleep
sing me to sleep
sing me to sleep
>>
>>68302271
how do you not? they're extremely accesible.
i wouldn't start with their first album because the terrible production may turn you off, just start with the queen is dead.
>>
i listened to the queen is dead first
>>
>>68302271
The Smiths - lo fi, punk influences
Queen is Dead - sad dude
Meat is Murder - nah like I'm really sad
Strange ways - pop style
>>
be an indie girl
>>
>>68302964
desu if i was OP i'd cry a lot
>>
>>68302271
hatful of hollow
>>
queen is dead is the best album of the 80s, start with that
>>
>>68309026
Queen is Dead is garbage near Daydream Nation or Doolittle.
>>
>>68304104
this. Hatful of Hollow is the best introduction to the band
>>
Start with TQID, move to Meat is Murder, Hatful of Hollow, The Smiths, then Strangeways.

Best album imo is Meat is Murder
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.