[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i pleb? i hate post punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

for some reason i really dislike post punk (joy division, gang of four, bauhaus) but really enjoy post punk revival bands (the killers, the strokes, bloc party, interpol). does this make me a pleb or is post punk just shitty
>>
who is this vixen?
>>
fuck off
>>
even though its not my favorite genre, post punk revival is the logical conclusion of rock music

also op listen to Television
>>
for the love of god who is ejaculation immaculation
>>
>>68301944
> but really enjoy post punk revival bands (the killers, the strokes, bloc party, interpol)
You gotta romance depression and some parts of existentialism to like the gothic side of post punk.
You're probably a good lad with a decent social life. so the revival part suits your lifestyle
>>
>>68302018
i actually have a single friend in another state. ill admit i feel like i can relate to some of post punk revivals sentiments more, but i just think the actual music of post punk is poorly recorded and uninteresting.
>>
>>68301981
>>68301962
www.google.com
you hapless crippled teenager
>>68301944
>>68302044
By the sound of it you haven't really listened to post punk beyond maybe four bands, three of which you've already mentioned
>>
>>68302075
what do you suggest, i know i only posted the most notable bands

i like cocteau twins if you consider them post punk
>>
>>68301944
It means you're a pleb
Post Punk Revival is objectively awful
Post Punk is the shit
>>
post-punk revival has more to do with indie rock than proper post-punk
>>
>>68301944
nigga do you even know what post punk is?
>>
All those bands fall more in line with indie-rock than post-punk. Interpol is pretty post-punk though.
For modern post-punk, try out Ought, Preoccupations and Protomartyr.
>>
who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>68301944
revival bands have a larger pop and indie rock influence

so yeah you basically are
>>68304028
honestly anon may benefit from trying out the smiths or the cure
>>
>>68301944
This is the worst bait I've seen in a long time.

Get out of here, study up, and come back when you have a real question to ask.

STOP
WASTING
OUR
TIME
>>
Tbh if you dislike any genre at all instead of appreciating them, you're a pleb
>>
>>68302132
listen to 154 by Wire, Marquee Moon by Television, Speaking in Tongues by Talking Heads, Crazy Rhythms by The Feelies, In the Golden Autumn by Cleaners From Venus
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.