[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the pinnacle of rock music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: TMR.jpg (171KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
TMR.jpg
171KB, 480x480px
Is this the pinnacle of rock music?
>>
if someone says maybe i will delete my account
>>
No, its the exact opposite. Its the cornerstone for all of rock.

Rock didnt exist prior to its release
>>
yes.
>>
File: godin3persons.jpg (54KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
godin3persons.jpg
54KB, 440x440px
>>
>>68301377
my sister asked why are each instrument playing a different song
>>
It's not the pinnacle of rock music, but it's the pinnacle of musical architeture

>>68301422
Also correct
>>
>>68301377
Lol, no.
>>
File: 3029568.jpg (65KB, 420x425px) Image search: [Google]
3029568.jpg
65KB, 420x425px
>implying
>>
No, it's just a shit album.
>>
>>68301531
>tfw i enjoy this unironically
>>
Kek no
>>
>>68301377
I'm about to take patrician test and listen to this
What should I expect
>>
>>68301377
>DUDE IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE SHIT LMAO
>>
>>68301659
>>68301626
>>68301605
t. embryos
>>
>>68301683
Fuck off to /rym/ faggot
>>
>>68301711
>he thinks rym likes TMR
>>
>>68301377
Time signatures fucking suck.

Living without them is headache-inducing but refreshing. I almost wish a more incoherent version of this existed but as it is, this is basically a killing word for your sanity if you're not prepared, so I shouldn't ask for more punishment. I mean, this shit was all meticulously planned out. I have trouble wrapping my head around that, never mind the music itself and its simulation of schizophrenia. In the end it's pretty fun and varied, though a bit draining.

Also if you listen to this just to have the satisfaction of saying "it sucks" or "i don't get it", you are the worst sort of music listener. I wish Piero Scaruffi didn't exist, and I wish /mu/ didn't exist.
>>
>>68301422
I thought rock didn't exist before the Beatles
>>
>>68301659
Except it doesn't
>>
>Live in the same city that Beefheart did
>Ask my music professor if he knew about him
>He knew him personally
Shit was cool said that he worked at a gas station when he was young and Beefheart would walk in all the time, and that the reason he stopped making music was that after John Lennon died he though someone would try to kill him
>>
>>68302936
>and that the reason he stopped making music was that after John Lennon died he though someone would try to kill him
Lol, that's just a joke though. He pretty much left the industry for painting.
>>
idk i really really like it though
>>
>>68301421
upboated
>>
I don't understand why people keep saying this album is inaccessible or unlistenable noise. Unless you only listen to top 40 pop, there really aren't many harsh or inaccessible elements on here. There's rhytm, there are riffs and melodies, and a lot of them are even quite catchy in a weird way.
If you've ever enjoyed any avant-garde jazz, there's no way you'll think this album is inaccessible.
>>
>>68301659
its not ""supposed to sound like shit"" and it doesnt
>>
This is the pinnacle of rock music at the very least. It embodies both light and dark in its composition, calls on emotions of joy and despair, pain and ecstasy, etcetera. One moment the music will sound chaotic and sinister, like a musical depiction of hell, shortly later the music will be gliding and soaring, yet it rarely pertains exclusively to light or dark; Even at its most joyous moments there are shadows of pain somewhere at its core. The atmosphere this album gives off is earthy and organic. Though the album reaches incredible musical and emotional heights, it always sounds deeply rooted in this world, it doesn't really sound "spacey," but very natural and vivid. The second half of this album contains a fleeting beauty to it. It doesn't try to outshine the first half, but takes a very humble and patient approach to following up that triumph, and so the album feels even more real and authentic. There's a feeling of moving on to new grounds, seasons passing, etc. This album is clearly on a higher musical plain than most, if not everything else to come out of the umbrella of rock.
>>
>>68305597
Either this is a meme or you're retarded
>>
>>68301659
>music doesn't follow established conventions, must be shit
TMR will always be relevant as long as people like you still get offended that music can sound like THAT.
>>
>>68301640
Basically blues and rock and roll, but distended and angular. The real "jazz fusion".
>>
File: 220px-Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg (5KB, 220x223px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Whitelightwhiteheat.jpg
5KB, 220x223px
>>68301377
Probably. But, personally I see this as the pinnacle
>>
>>68301531
This album is great
>>
>>68305597
absolutely right
>>68305636
HURR DURR WHERE THE FAT BEAT AT WHERE AR MY NIGGER RAPS
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.