[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CLASSICAL BLINDFOLD TEST/ weekly reveal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 12

File: classical blindfold.jpg (118KB, 618x673px) Image search: [Google]
classical blindfold.jpg
118KB, 618x673px
Welcome to the second /mu/ Classical Blindfold Test thread

The point of these threads is to have fun and encourage critical listening, discussion, and general enjoyment of music. All critical music listeners are welcome. The more participation we have, the more fun and successful these threads will be.

For more information about how the threads work and listening suggestions, you can refer to the jazz blindfold one >>68009262 and his pastebin http://pastebin.com/UiCCG28N

THIS WEEK'S THEME: 19th Century
COMPILED BY: First timer

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/eSGfznaY/file.html

Posting with names or tripcodes is encouraged as it makes discussion much easier.
>>
File: Beethoven.jpg (2MB, 3812x4583px) Image search: [Google]
Beethoven.jpg
2MB, 3812x4583px
1 Moonlight sonata 2nd mvt
>>
File: 170px-Bruckner_erhaelt_Diplom.png (54KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Bruckner_erhaelt_Diplom.png
54KB, 170x236px
2 Kyrie from Mass n 2 - Bruckner
>>
File: verdi.jpg (6KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
verdi.jpg
6KB, 202x249px
3 Opening 1st act of Traviata - Verdi
>>
File: mendel.jpg (4KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
mendel.jpg
4KB, 250x202px
Songs without words Op.30 no.6 - Mendelssohn
>>
File: JohannesBrahms.jpg (34KB, 371x480px) Image search: [Google]
JohannesBrahms.jpg
34KB, 371x480px
Deutsches Requiem 2nd mvt - Brahms
>>
>>68299549
I'm seeing Beethoven's 9th for the 4th time soon. Is there a more sublime work than this beautiful masterpiece? I'm afraid not.
>>
File: 160px-Leon_Boellmann.jpg (7KB, 160x237px) Image search: [Google]
160px-Leon_Boellmann.jpg
7KB, 160x237px
6 Priere a Notre-Dame - 3mvt from Suite Gotique - Boellmann

I'm sorry the recording was awful, here's a better one
https://youtu.be/KOyHci0j518?t=5m23s
>>
>>68300274
You should really post the performer info as well. And maybe some thoughts on the composition and performance? That's what makes the jazz blindfold threads fun.
>>
File: dvorak.jpg (2KB, 139x104px) Image search: [Google]
dvorak.jpg
2KB, 139x104px
7 Largo from Sympony n4 - Dvorak

This is my favorite piece from this symphony. Everytime I hear it I can see the unexplored american territories - especially from 6:05 the bass seems like the feet of some wild animal wondering in the forest. Little fun fact I discovered this movement after playing the 2nd and the 4th with the orchestra; I still wonder why we didn't play the 3rd as well, my favourite for sure.
>>
File: rossini.jpg (18KB, 348x450px) Image search: [Google]
rossini.jpg
18KB, 348x450px
8 La danza - Rossini

This is one of the pieces he composed after his retirement and it's intended for the amusement of himself and his friends. When I hear it I always think of the meeting with Wagner - the guy clearly wasn't thinking about creating the masterpiece of all arts but he still managed to be one of the most important artist of the century. As Montezaffiro stated, the lyrics say "mamma mia" - this is because the words are just an excuse to sing (typical bel canto) and hear the flawless change from major and minor - as someone noticed the singer is Pavarotti.
>>
File: waginer.jpg (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
waginer.jpg
99KB, 1200x1200px
9 Parsifal Overture - Wagner
>>
File: strass.jpg (5KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
strass.jpg
5KB, 199x254px
10 Also Sprach Zarathustra - Strauss
>>
I like to think of the 2nd movement as like the bridge between the 1st and 3rd in terms of tone. The 1st is dark, and the 3rd is bright, but this is somewhere in the middle.
>>
This is probably the Deutsches Requiem's most powerful part, more than the 6th part. I love the message that the text sends, that man is like grass.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.