[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easily their best work. The band is like wine. The older they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Easily their best work. The band is like wine. The older they get, the better they become.

How is everyone feeling about this record?
>>
it's fucking great... it would seem letting Haake and Lövgren take over most of the writing credits worked out amazingly
>>
>>68291837
OP here.

Fucking agreed, you can tell they both im sure had massive input on this record. Honestly I DID NOT like Koloss at all. I felt it was a very weak album. This on the other hand, is in its own class. The fact they recorded live as a band makes the album sound alive and organic. Shit, they havent recorded an album like this since the None EP.
>>
>>68291806

>at what age did you grow out of metal, /mu/?
>>
>>68291906
True patricians grow into metal.
>>
>>68291906
I grew into metal. Its great and fun dude. Op btw this album is probably their best. Cant wait to see them live on theri NA tour
>>
>>68291906
>I only listen to indie bands and think Radiohead is the only thing thats good.

Plz go be pleb more, ty.
>>
>>68291958
This
>>
>>68291806

on the first track right now, too much fucking snare
>>
>>68292080
>not good because there's too much of an instrument.

Typical /mu/.
>>
>>68292127

stay mad kiddo
>>
>>68292152
Manlet
>>
>>68291806
>it's another episode of "everything sounds the same"

Nothing will forever be their magnum opus
>>
>>68292459
And what might that be?
>>
>>68292459
I misread that, mah nig.
I will agree Nothing is a fantastic record.
>>
File: Photo on 10-6-16 at 10.43 PM.jpg (137KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-6-16 at 10.43 PM.jpg
137KB, 1080x720px
Not enough Aquarius.

Where is Thordendal? He's the reason I love this band. Where is his innovation?

All the best songs are from the Thordendal:
- Concatenation (my far song of all time)
- Future Breed Machine
- Beneath
- Terminal Illusions
- New Millenium Cyanide Christ
- Rational Gaze
- Pineal Gland Optics
- The opening riff of Bleed

Sure Lövgren and Haake can write the best grooves. But nobody can out invent an Aquarius. And that's why Meshuggah became legends.
All because of fucking Thordendal.

We need Thordendal to lead the next record and do what he wants. Or we just need special defects 2. I miss the INNOVATION. Give the fucking Aquarius 70% of the next record. His guitar solos are literally the only reason to ever see Meshuggah live twice.
>>
>>68292726
Lol, you're a fucking retard. Dont you have a truck stop to clean?
>only reason to see a band live is for the guitarist
It's autism like this that gives people who enjoy metal a bad name.
>>
>>68292726
You look like that scientist in Avatar.
>>
File: Photo on 10-6-16 at 4.36 PM #2.jpg (136KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-6-16 at 4.36 PM #2.jpg
136KB, 1080x720px
>>68292837
It's Autism like Fredrick Thordendal has WHICH IS HOW MESHUGGAH GOT THEIR GROVES TO BEGIN WITH.

You don't even understand, High Functioning Autism allows people to fail to understand concepts most people pick up in an instant.. allowing an autist to pick up fundamentals and piece them back together.

Have you ever seen Fredrick in an interview?
He is shy and distant, he likes to hide. He's obviously autistic which has allowed him to reconstruct what music can be.

Only an autistic could write:
1. The back and forth rhythm @ 2:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0tjSvA17g
2. The elastic rubber band opening riff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GXNzom6ik
3. The alien spirits busting through a metal door guitar solo @ 3:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6mBu-nZjo

Frederick is both Autistic and Aquarius. Hence his genius.

1. Aquarius is the inventor zodiac, hence Fredrick inventing the Meshuggah sound
2. Scorpio, is the reason the new album is so groovey, Lövgren is a scorpio.
3. Cancer, is the reason Haake plays the drums with machine like perfection

Cancer and Scorpio are both water symbols. Hence Haake and Lövgren coming together so well, and creating such groovy (yet uninnovative) music.

FREDRICK THORDENDAL'S SPECIAL DEFECTS 2 PLEASE?

>>68292866
Ah okay? The movie was so boring plot-wise.
Also any movie with a war scene is instantly for the stupid members of society (historical events seem to be an exception).
>>
>>68291906
Who are you quoting?
Also, fuck off.
>>
>>68292992
Stop overusing that fucking word. He's not autistic he's just a bit introverted and his English isn't that great. Also it's spelled Fredrik.
>>
But am I wrong about what I said, cutiepie? :D
>>
>>68293045
No I still think you're onto something. Don't forget Spasm.
>>
I liked Destroy..., None, Obzen, and of course; "I", better than this
>>
>>68292080
>My noisy metal music has too much snare in it

like wtf is that even a legitimate criticism????
>>
>>68293111
I don't see y not.
>>
>>68291806
AOTY desu
>>
listening for the first time now. meshuggah is so great
>>
>>68292080
You might want to look up what ghost notes are
>>
>>68293325
Op hurr.
Indeed, sir. The hype is real. That outtro of Clockworks tho...son of a bitch is that tasty.
>>
>>68293607
This X1000
>>
It's their best in a while for sure. Whereas Koloss was a more streamlined take on their formula, this one seems to push everything up to 11 in terms of songwriting and overall intensity.
Catch 33 and Chaosphere were always my favourites but this album may actually change that.
>>
>>68291806
MonstroCity is what KoRn should sound like today.
>>
on Ivory tower right now....... this shit is really good.
>>
>>68291958
>>68291990
these guys understand
>>
>>68294510
But Chaosphere is timeless. while this record is just too dated.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.