[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 Shit Albums General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 1298744278824.png (161KB, 458x354px) Image search: [Google]
1298744278824.png
161KB, 458x354px
Just a reminder that if any of the following artists are in your Top 5 for the year, you have shit taste:

Animal Collective, Anohni, The Avalanches, Beyonce, Blood Orange, Bon Iver, David Bowie, Car Seat Headrest, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Chance the Rapper, clipping., Deakin, Death Grips, G.L.O.S.S., The I.L.Y's, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Thee Oh Sees, Radiohead, Rihanna, Travis Scott, Solange, Regina Spektor (seriously?), Swans, Viet Cong (especially since they changed their name)
>>
>>68291073
why would you make this thread you sad af neckbeard
>>
>>68291112
why would you post on /mu/ if you dislike music so much that this post offended you?
>>
>>68291073
i'm sorry people like things you don't anon, i feel bad for you
>>
>>68291156
don't feel bad for me. i learned how to navigate past Pitchfork and YouTube for my music exposure!
>>
>>68291167
ok? but that doesn't make you a better person. and people might legitimately like these things. Also any way of getting music exposure is shit, RYM is probably the worst, scaruffi is pretty bad too if that's whose cock your sucking
>>
>>68291217
>sucking Scaruffi's cock
>he hasn't reviewed any 2016 albums
>thinking i care about RYM charts
>these artists dominate them

you really are a spergy little conformist, aren't you?
>>
you guys are dumb you think your top 5 is supposed to be about music you enjoyed? it's about performing how special you are and getting approval from other people to fill the void in you for a brief moment in the first week of January before the depression sets back in.
>>
>>68291233
bro what time is it where you're at? you got school tomorrow? I know my classes got canceled, one day university fall break shit. but for though it's ok for people to like things you don't besides, you'ire probably just bored and shitposting, it's ok I'll shitpost too to catch up
>>
>>68291073
>if any of the following artists [all the artists OP can remember off the top of her head]

You call this a (You) festival?
>>
>>68291265
i suppose you'd prefer your Top 5 being about performing middlebrow approachability with a touch of wisdom and knowledge above the average listener despite the fact that you treat Fantano and Pitchfork as one-stop shops for all of your music info and could be marketed to by a fucking Spotify algorithm and get the same fucking taste as a result?
>>
>>68291265
this guy knows, fuck enjoying things
>>
>>68291073
edgy
>>
>>68291290
no I'd prefer people to just sincerely tell me what they liked. and honestly I think that's what most people do.
>>
>>68291306
right, and most people sincerely like shit music because they're incapable of exploring anything
>>
>>68291327
dude it's ok, not everyone can be as superior and intellectually gifted as you, for you are the perfect human being no flaws.
>>
>>68291348
i don't need redditors to tell me this, but thank you. i'm just trying to do a public service and get people to actually consider tabbing away from pitchfork and fantano once a year
>>
>>68291355
man people fell for this 9/10 pretty good b8
>>
I think this was a (You) thread coming in, but having read all the replies I really think you are autistic as fuck and should also legitimately kill yourself.
>>
>>68291389
not bait, just the truth. but if you're comparing it to bait because you think the posters in this thread besides me comparatively have the intelligence of the average sea bass, i agree.
>>
>>68291355
we can be positive about this though. like talk about ways to do this. like if you check out the new release section on retailers like forced exposure or bleep or boomkat, you can catch some surprise releases sometimes, though I guess you already need to be interested in the artists or the labels putting the stuff out. but then lets see, some other websites... anyone here ever check out weirdcanada.com? I've been lazy about checking out a lot of the stuff they cover, and of course they aren't limited to just current year stuff, but they seem to uncover some cool stuff from that country.
>>
>>68291399
>spends have his time shopping for perfect semi-casual flannels and learning Bon Iver songs on guitar so he can prove to that one girl with the round collars on her sundresses that he's the sensitive boy for her
>spends the rest of this time telling others to kill themselves

the soft Elliott Rodgers of the world are all Fantano obsessed
>>
>>68291405
oh jeez, you ok dude? i think you might have the autism, or you're really bored.
>>
true fact: if there were no music reviews lots and lots of people would like these artists anyway

true fact: really good deep underground stuff usually gets reviewed eventually anyway. if they don't blow your cover now they will do it when the album is reissued.

>>68291327
>most people sincerely like shit music because they're incapable of exploring anything
>because they're incapable of exploring anything
>having your values this wrapped up in listening to stuff that isn't hyped
>taking shit this seriously
true fact: you are a goober
>>
>>68291443
this dude's either a sperg or a great shitposter
>>
File: image.png (591KB, 722x832px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
591KB, 722x832px
>>
>>68291430
>literally everyone who listens to well known indie music is a walking cliche
32 and married here. And by the way you are such a fool.
>>
File: IMG_4355.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4355.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>68291430
I'm kind of astonished at both a) how much you seem to think you have the entire world figured out and b) how much you fucking suck at even making a simple troll-ass level generalization.

Which leads me back again to thinking you are an actual autist. Jesus Christ, dude. Get your shit together.
>>
>>68291073
>control-f danny brown
>not there
fuck yes
>>
>>68291483
No autist here, but "tiger tail" has me sperging out right now.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
>>
File: 1300050844628.jpg (139KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1300050844628.jpg
139KB, 544x400px
>>68291500
>I suck at trolling
>You still respond
>>
>>68291471
Eh, they go pretty heavily hand in hand.
>>
>>68291534
Couple more things:
A) dubs confirm I'm right

B) just because I'm taking the time to shitpost in response to your shitpost doesn't mean ya got me riled up over here, phamalam.
>>
>>68291528
It's an ice cream flavour anon
>>
>>68291528
Autist detected.
Only us normies understand.
>>
thank god corey feldman isn't in the list
>>
damn OP recommend some music then
>>
>>68291603
What....is it?
>>
>>68291073
My top 5 is Blonde, Blackstar, Skeleton Tree, 22 AM and A Moon Shaped Pool.

The thing is, I operate on another level. I enjoy these things much more than you are capable of.
>>
>Tiger tail ice cream is orange-flavoured ice cream with black licorice swirl. It is popular in Canada, and not often found elsewhere. Created by Morgan Carr it is distinct from licorice-flavoured ice cream. Tiger tail is popular with children

EWW THAT SOUNDS NASTY.

This is the most triggering thing I'll take away from this thread; I agree with the autistic child. That is not okay.
>>
>>68291652
i like two of those things.
>>
File: image.gif (262KB, 529x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
262KB, 529x600px
>>68291073
How did you wade through the mental gymnastics to determine that any of these artists are shit

None of these are even in my top 5 this year, but you have the mental capabilities of a steaming pile of shit and it shows

OP is a faggot like always
>>
>>68291073
What if
And hear me out here
I heard Blackstar and A Moon Shaped Pool on release day before reading any reviews and loved both.
>>
>>68291167
RYM is just as pleb as the rest of them you fucking tool

You're a sheeple in denial
>>
>>68291290
Holy FUCK this projection

Sorry you used to be a pitchfork/Fantano drone OP, get over it already and shut the fuck up
>>
>>68291073
>its a popular = bad thread
>>
>>68291327
Exploring to you is probably delving a step below, YouTube link surfing, going on last.fm and looking for music with under a million scrobbles, doing pleb shit

Don't talk like you're any better, you're just a pleb in denial son
>>
>>68291405
You probably seek out obscure yet shitty artists and place them on a plinth because you "found" them you fuckin hack
>>
File: DIIVisthis.jpg (88KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
DIIVisthis.jpg
88KB, 620x620px
>>68291073
>Animal Collective, Anohni, The Avalanches, Beyonce, Blood Orange, Bon Iver, David Bowie, Car Seat Headrest, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Chance the Rapper, clipping., Deakin, Death Grips, G.L.O.S.S., The I.L.Y's, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Thee Oh Sees, Radiohead, Rihanna, Travis Scott, Solange, Regina Spektor (seriously?), Swans, Viet Cong

Glad to see DIIV made the cut.
>>
>>68291073
>you have shit taste if you like any of these popular (some) talented artists
Okay OP
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.